The Student Room Group

I'm just going into college 2nd year. Ask me anything

If anyone has any college-related questions on absolutely anything, just ask and I'll answer anything :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by greghayes
If anyone has any college-related questions on absolutely anything, just ask and I'll answer anything :smile:

So, you're going into A2?
I'm also going into 2nd year too.

Should be interesting...
Reply 4
What do you subjects do you study and can you give a basic description of what you learn in each subject and how hard you'd rate each subject on a scale of 1-10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cari98
So, you're going into A2?

Yes, although in my college it's referred to as first and second year. A2 isn't the name of the year for us, just the qualification we sit. Btw, nice picture!
Original post by LunaTy
What do you subjects do you study and can you give a basic description of what you learn in each subject and how hard you'd rate each subject on a scale of 1-10

Posted from TSR Mobile

In easiest to hardest, Psychology, Law, Biology (+French but I dropped it before the exams... It was too difficult for me).

Psychology (AQA) we do about social (how we interact with each other and behavioural differences), cognitive (how the mind plays a part in psychology), approaches to psychology (biological, cognitive, etc), and a lot of research methods.

Law (AQA) isn't easy by any means but it's very interesting. There's a lot a cases and facts to learn. In first year, we learn the basics of English law and you do non fatal offences like assault and GBH.

Biology (OCR) for me was very difficult but it's supposed to be the easiest of the three sciences. We do everything from cell structure to how fish breathe. There's not a lot that you don't cover in biology tbh.
Get ready for psych A2 research methods? (tried to phrase it as a question ahaha) :colondollar:
What grades, if any, are you expecting to get on as results day
Original post by MersennePrime
What grades, if any, are you expecting to get on as results day

Psychology - A
Law - B (possibly A if it goes well)
Biology - D but the second paper may drastically lower the boundaries so C
Original post by dragonsonmars
Get ready for psych A2 research methods? (tried to phrase it as a question ahaha) :colondollar:

Haha I want to do Psychology at uni so bring it on! Ive found research methods extremely tedious but very easy so far as maths and planning was always good for me.and our teacher already gave us some research methods 12 markers to practise after our AS exam
Has anyone here re-enroled yet?
Reply 12
Original post by AAston113
Has anyone here re-enroled yet?

Me:u:
Did you need to apply for the second year or did you just go straight to enrolment?
In my college, you don't re-enroll for second year, you just move up (like high school) unless your grades are so bad that they won't accept you onto the second year

Quick Reply

Latest