The Student Room Group

Changing course at the same Uni on Results Day?

I'm getting really worried that I'm not going to make the grades for my firm choice, but on their site they mentioned that if you are worried you can email them and tell them about another course you're interested in in case you can't get onto your first-choice course.

I did that, but if they allow me to switch my course, will it count as a rejection and then I have to be released from my insurance into Clearing to accept the new course, or will they do it automatically?

Spoiler

Original post by wickedisgood
I'm getting really worried that I'm not going to make the grades for my firm choice, but on their site they mentioned that if you are worried you can email them and tell them about another course you're interested in in case you can't get onto your first-choice course.

I did that, but if they allow me to switch my course, will it count as a rejection and then I have to be released from my insurance into Clearing to accept the new course, or will they do it automatically?

Spoiler

I d presume at that point it's a definite no, they d put it through as a conditional course change so you have the option to choose between that and your insurance.
Universities can change your course choice at Confirmation IF they already know this is what you want. You need to email the Uni now and tell them, as they will make a decision on your application days before you see your results on Thursday. This is neater than the alternative, scrabbling about in Clearing with no guarantee that there will be a place on your favoured course.

Quick Reply