The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
What's this about a breach?

Yeah my friend just got an email saying she got in.
I'm actually really stressed about results, and I'm genuinely afraid of what may happen if I don't get the results I need. To some, it may just seem like I'm chasing prestige but it goes so much beyond that, I can't even begin to explain it.

I'm really, really scared. You know how people get high blood pressure when they're stressed? I'm so panicky that I've got low blood pressure (I've learnt how to check from my nursing trainee sister).

The next few days are gonna be pretty tough, and goodness knows what will happen when I see the grade boundaries.

I hate that this sounds overly emotional and desperate but this is truly how I feel about results day.
Original post by mgill17
don't even go there I held it together in that exam somehow and cried a little when I got home.....then I had AQA C3 the next day...

My friend found one of the maths papers so disgustingly difficult that he gave up and started revising for another subject during the exam.

Original post by retardis

Same. It's such a pisstake :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4563
Original post by tanyapotter
I wish i were a healthy person whose hair grew by any substantial amount in 6 weeks

Surely it should grow 3-5cm
What's this about a breach?

As above.
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm actually really stressed about results, and I'm genuinely afraid of what may happen if I don't get the results I need. To some, it may just seem like I'm chasing prestige but it goes so much beyond that, I can't even begin to explain it.

I'm really, really scared. You know how people get high blood pressure when they're stressed? I'm so panicky that I've got low blood pressure (I've learnt how to check from my nursing trainee sister).

The next few days are gonna be pretty tough, and goodness knows what will happen when I see the grade boundaries.

I hate that this sounds overly emotional and desperate but this is truly how I feel about results day.

Oi.
Follow the advice you gave me.
Everything will be fine. Take a step back. Do not worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was from UCAS and says something like 'now your place is confirmed' and carries on to tell her about bank accounts PQ's already said that isn't a proper confirmation.
Original post by fefssdf
I'd appreciate if Notts would breach it and tell me NOW.

I also agree with this :biggrin:
Come on Notts, do your thing :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFancy1997
I found them very good, I think ive definitely got my A, hoping for an a*. dont worry about silly mistakes, everyone makes them and you shouldnt worry too much about those:smile: the electrode potential was kinda tricky I gotta admit but I think I got it:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good :smile: It's a bit reassuring that I'm seeing predictions that the grade boundaries for F325 are lower than last year's, so hopefully that's the case :redface:
Reply 4568
If it was from UCAS and says something like 'now your place is confirmed' and carries on to tell her about bank accounts PQ's already said that isn't a proper confirmation.

Apparently it was her uni saying congrats
Original post by tanyapotter
i need to stop being so superficial but this afternoon i actually sat down and told myself that even if i did make it into my firm, i'd take a gap year solely to grow out my hair because it is so awful

Clearly in need of a gap year, people who are mature enough to go to uni do not care so much about their hair and what effect will it have on other people.

Nobody gives a crap about your hair. Chill.

I feel the same. I'm only getting AS results though - but I'm desperate to know where I stand for the next year! Will I be able to carry on and do my final A levels? Will I have to resit the whole year? Or, will I have to leave and start afresh at college? A part of me doesn't mind if it's any of those outcomes. As at the end of the tunnel is a light :smile: but, I would prefer the first outcome. It's crazy how a few letters on a piece of paper can determine your fate.

Whatever happens, GOOD LUCK. There is always light at the end of a tunnel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone wise gone from thinking they had aaa to now thinking if they even got ccc

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are talking about emails direct from the unis - this is 2 I have seen on here today
Original post by AmyPilot
They are talking about emails direct from the unis - this is 2 I have seen on here today

Where? I've read this thread through from when I last posted last night and I haven't seen anything :frown:
Original post by Kamara7
I just looked on your profile and you did the same subjects with the same exam boards as I did, I kinda felt obliged to follow you :lol: Only difference is I carried on OCR psychology (I know, what was I thinking :rofl:). How are you feeling about your exams in general? :smile:

Well that is awesome that we took the same exams! Haha actually, I wanted to do psychology but my 6th form scrapped it so I took physics instead. Realise physics ain't for me so I dropped it. Anyway, I don't really think I did my best this year, I kinda revise everything quite late. Biology was okay I guess, I tried everything I can. Chemistry was okay too, I knew I should have revised more on redox equations but that's okay. Maths was not so great. I have to take C1, C2, M1, S1, C3 & C4. That is because my 6th form changed the exam board :s Of course C1 & C2 was a nice exam to take again. M1 & C3 was quiet hard. C4, my last exam, went horribly wrong. At least S1 was cool. About you? :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pecora
Clearly in need of a gap year, people who are mature enough to go to uni do not care so much about their hair and what effect will it have on other people.

Nobody gives a crap about your hair. Chill.

why does no one on this website understand sarcasm ever

I feel exactly the same, though I always have LBP :tongue:
I think the best thing we can do is try to distract ourselves. I've been doing some art and playing video games, could you try something similar?

Trust me I've read it myself and its directly from the uni saying congratulations your place is now confirmed and information about an induction day and some ID card.
Original post by Effie14
Hey everyone! I hope everyone isn't as nervous as me for results day :tongue:
A slight conundrum: I'm predicted ABB, and my firm offered my far lower than that (though I don't for the life of me know why), yet I'm still bricking it. I'm very lucky to have such a nice offer, but I can't help but feel like I still won't get into my firm. I'm so worried that I've been getting about 2 hours of sleep per day, and only falling asleep at about 8-10am every morning. I don't know what to do with myself! How do you guys calm yourselves down in the lead up to results day?

I'm in a similar situation tbh (probably getting a tad more sleep tho since I barely got any during the exam season oops) but I wake up at random hours in the night just like "m8 u failed"...just find something you enjoy doing to keep yourself occupied. Being constantly 'busy' is probably not the best thing to do ever but it's a good distractor for the next 3/4 days (going by your avatar you're a FE fan, right?...see how long it takes you to complete a Lunatic/Classic setup..I find that I get too fixated on doing the game that I forget about actual real world things)
Trust me I've read it myself and its directly from the uni saying congratulations your place is now confirmed and information about an induction day and some ID card.

Wow, well congrats to her I guess :') What uni is it for?

Quick Reply