The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
Wow, well congrats to her I guess :':wink: What uni is it for?

She just couldn't go to a uni that I didn't need auto correct to spell it for me; Gloucestershire, nothing too famous our prestigious.
Original post by emiloujess
Where? I've read this thread through from when I last posted last night and I haven't seen anything :frown:

Someone above posted that their friend had an email from Gloucestershire and there was a thread earlier (which seems to have disappeared) where someone else had a similar email from another uni
Original post by Sacred Ground
Why? I recall you stating your grades don't matter

That is dependent upon university. For the UK, it does matter.
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm actually really stressed about results, and I'm genuinely afraid of what may happen if I don't get the results I need. To some, it may just seem like I'm chasing prestige but it goes so much beyond that, I can't even begin to explain it.

I'm really, really scared. You know how people get high blood pressure when they're stressed? I'm so panicky that I've got low blood pressure (I've learnt how to check from my nursing trainee sister).

The next few days are gonna be pretty tough, and goodness knows what will happen when I see the grade boundaries.

I hate that this sounds overly emotional and desperate but this is truly how I feel about results day.

is there any particular reason why you think you missed your offer? did you count up your marks using an unofficial mark scheme for every module, estimate accurate (or high-ish to be on the safe side) grade boundaries and find that you may be missing it?
Original post by lucabrasi98
My friend found one of the maths papers so disgustingly difficult that he gave up and started revising for another subject during the exam./

Oh my god no I never would have done that...no matter how awful it was. I couldn't even imagine revising for something else mid-exam.

I just remember CHEM4 being pretty bad for me compared to my usual performance and it was the paper I needed to do well in for an A overall in chem and I was already upset/lacking sleep then the abomination of a maths paper was like "im here but where's ur uni place" and I spent 50% of the paper crying.

On the bright side, one of the questions I thought I'd mucked up I might get all but 2 marks on it if my examiner could read the maths through the tears.

Why am I so pathetic?
Original post by ivybridge
That is dependent upon university. For the UK, it does matter.

Sound, good luck to yourself:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know it's getting close to results day when as soon as you catch up on one page another two are made.
Original post by retardis
She just couldn't go to a uni that I didn't need auto correct to spell it for me; Gloucestershire, nothing too famous our prestigious.

It's a nice place though! :smile: I hope she has a great time at uni!

Original post by AmyPilot
Someone above posted that their friend had an email from Gloucestershire and there was a thread earlier (which seems to have disappeared) where someone else had a similar email from another uni

Well lucky them haha :biggrin:
it's all over for me. getting ready to apply for KFC now tbh
Original post by mgill17
I'm in a similar situation tbh (probably getting a tad more sleep tho since I barely got any during the exam season oops) but I wake up at random hours in the night just like "m8 u failed"...just find something you enjoy doing to keep yourself occupied. Being constantly 'busy' is probably not the best thing to do ever but it's a good distractor for the next 3/4 days (going by your avatar you're a FE fan, right?...see how long it takes you to complete a Lunatic/Classic setup..I find that I get too fixated on doing the game that I forget about actual real world things)

I'm glad that you're at least getting more sleep than you did during exam season! I feel the same with the "m8 u failed" feeling, I've been having dreams of results day when I do eventually fall asleep where I just get U's :redface:You're right that I'm a FE fan, I'm just finishing the Birthright route for the first time so I'll have completed them all. I should try Lunatic though, (though I won't attempt it on Conquest right now.... Lord that route is difficult even on the easy setting - though I might just be a noob :tongue:)I take it you've played FE14 too? If so, what did you think of it?
I'm really looking forward to university, not just for the experience but the academic side too. the modules are so interesting to me D: I honestly don't know what I would do if I don't end up going or if I go to another uni. urgh. the nervesssssss
Does track stop you logging in when it's frozen or can we still log in? What's the earliest we will see results?
Original post by Effie14
I'm glad that you're at least getting more sleep than you did during exam season! I feel the same with the "m8 u failed" feeling, I've been having dreams of results day when I do eventually fall asleep where I just get U's :redface:You're right that I'm a FE fan, I'm just finishing the Birthright route for the first time so I'll have completed them all. I should try Lunatic though, (though I won't attempt it on Conquest right now.... Lord that route is difficult even on the easy setting - though I might just be a noob :tongue:)I take it you've played FE14 too? If so, what did you think of it?

I'm glad too! Trust me sleep is the greatest, hopefully you'll get more after Thursday:biggrin:

Actually, I haven't played any of the FE14 ones yet, I've just looked at most of the characters to find out what class they are and what 'side' they're on...I'm getting Birthright on Thursday actually...I told myself I'd get it as a gift if results go well...or on the reverse side, a sympathy gift if they go awful. I've played every other international release FE though (Since the GBA one)...
But I've avoided most of the spoilers and stuff, I just know the characters and rough synopsis for now...I ended up ruining the 'true identity of Marth' for the last FE so now I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can...I feel like I'll probably enjoy Conquest more than Birthright because morally, it just seems like the wrong/evil choice!

I think I'll enjoy it if it takes the mix of the older games with the humour and character quirkiness Awakening had..
Original post by JodieHarriett18
Does track stop you logging in when it's frozen or can we still log in? What's the earliest we will see results?

UCAS aims for 8am although in the past it's been 7:30-8:00. (Last year it updated at 7:45/50)
Original post by JodieHarriett18

You can still log in, just the functions are limited. It's frozen now until Wednesday I think.
Track typically doesn't update till 8am on results day for most people (although it's known to sometimes update a little earlier..but even then it's only half an hour or so earlier..)
does track update at the same time for everyone who has been accepted/rejected on results day? as in, could some people see their update a few minutes before or after others, despite being online and checking at the same time as everyone else?

i don't mean for people whose unis haven't made their decision yet
Original post by tanyapotter
does track update at the same time for everyone who has been accepted/rejected on results day? as in, could some people see their update a few minutes before or after others, despite being online and checking at the same time as everyone else? I don't mean for people whose unis haven't made their decision yet

In theory - no. If the servers go down (for some) - yes.
Original post by WaywardWriter
I also agree with this :biggrin:
Come on Notts, do your thing :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ayyy ; what course you looking to do at notts ?
Original post by sakuraton
Well that is awesome that we took the same exams! Haha actually, I wanted to do psychology but my 6th form scrapped it so I took physics instead. Realise physics ain't for me so I dropped it. Anyway, I don't really think I did my best this year, I kinda revise everything quite late. Biology was okay I guess, I tried everything I can. Chemistry was okay too, I knew I should have revised more on redox equations but that's okay. Maths was not so great. I have to take C1, C2, M1, S1, C3 & C4. That is because my 6th form changed the exam board :s Of course C1 & C2 was a nice exam to take again. M1 & C3 was quiet hard. C4, my last exam, went horribly wrong. At least S1 was cool. About you? :biggrin:

Ah, I initially wanted to do German instead of psychology, but 6th form did the same thing. Bio was alright for me from what I remember, for chem I can't help but still stink about those mistakes I did (those damn electrode potentials). They changed it halfway into your course!?! Couldn't they at least change it for just the year below you?! I'd be so annoyed :mad: Luckily the content for maths doesn't vastly change between exam boards. Oh no :frown: Do you think you'll meet your uni offer though (if uni's where you're going after)
Original post by mgill17
don't even go there I held it together in that exam somehow and cried a little when I got home.....then I had AQA C3 the next day...

To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!

Quick Reply

Latest