The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mgill17
I'm glad too! Trust me sleep is the greatest, hopefully you'll get more after Thursday:biggrin:

Actually, I haven't played any of the FE14 ones yet, I've just looked at most of the characters to find out what class they are and what 'side' they're on...I'm getting Birthright on Thursday actually...I told myself I'd get it as a gift if results go well...or on the reverse side, a sympathy gift if they go awful. I've played every other international release FE though (Since the GBA one)...
But I've avoided most of the spoilers and stuff, I just know the characters and rough synopsis for now...I ended up ruining the 'true identity of Marth' for the last FE so now I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can...I feel like I'll probably enjoy Conquest more than Birthright because morally, it just seems like the wrong/evil choice!

I think I'll enjoy it if it takes the mix of the older games with the humour and character quirkiness Awakening had..

I've been pretty much addicted since I bought Conquest! It does include a lot of humour, and there are certainly many quirky characters! (*Cough* Camilla *cough*)Both Birthright and Conquest have thoroughly enjoyable storylines, but they're not similar so getting both is obviously the best choice :wink: I think I enjoyed Conquest slightly more, but I haven't yet finished Birthright so we'll have to see! I'm glad to see another Fire Emblem fan on here!
Original post by emiloujess
It's a nice place though! :smile: I hope she has a great time at uni!

Yeah she originally wanted to go to Coventry and she took such a knock when she didnt get in (all because she doesnt do bio eventhough she was told it wasnt a requirement) but anyway she's really grown to love it there and I think she'll be really happy.
I need some help y'all okay so I've decided I don't want to go uni this year and I never reallyyyyy wanted to do the course I applied for (presurred into applying cus I'm first gen) how would I go about telling the univerity I'm not interested and 1 last thing can I get deferred entry on clearing?
I appreciate your help 😚
Original post by Effie14
I feel exactly the same, though I always have LBP :tongue:
I think the best thing we can do is try to distract ourselves. I've been doing some art and playing video games, could you try something similar?

I was normal throughout the year!

I guess you're right, I did start a few projects but lost interest quick.
I am addicted to a couple of games on my phone though :redface:
Original post by tanyapotter
is there any particular reason why you think you missed your offer? did you count up your marks using an unofficial mark scheme for every module, estimate accurate (or high-ish to be on the safe side) grade boundaries and find that you may be missing it?

Yeah basically that. I've seen two official mark schemes too, so I'm almost certain of my grades in two units.
How often are maths exams marked wrong? Terrified ill wake up and see some completely incorrect letter then miss out on my uni place while it gets remarked
Original post by greenteaturtle
it's all over for me. getting ready to apply for KFC now tbh

Bruh McDonald's rejected me a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone want female company pm me xoxo
Original post by Cadherin
To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!

I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4607
Original post by Serine Soul
Bruh McDonald's rejected me a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone want female company pm me xoxo

How do you get rejected by MD's unless you are over qualified :s
Every time I get an email from my firm/insurance I freeze 😩
Original post by pecora
Clearly in need of a gap year, people who are mature enough to go to uni do not care so much about their hair and what effect will it have on other people.

Nobody gives a crap about your hair. Chill.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471211326.493892.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
People on TSR havé said that but others have said that they'll do it on the day. I'm also gonna be ringing up tomorrow to ask to be rejected so interesting to see what they say .....

I rang Keele (my insurance) last week and the lady said she couldn't release me until she had my results. I'm sure that's not true? I'm sure they can release you before results. I was pretty annoyed.
Original post by Aph
How do you get rejected by MD's unless you are over qualified :s

I have absolutely no idea

I didn't mention any plans to go to uni at all

My town is so bloody deprived that there are like 600 applications per job so they had to get rid of loads ofc
Original post by Serine Soul
I was normal throughout the year!

I guess you're right, I did start a few projects but lost interest quick.
I am addicted to a couple of games on my phone though :redface:

Yeah basically that. I've seen two official mark schemes too, so I'm almost certain of my grades in two units.

okay, well, 2 things:
1. if it's for a science/essay subject, you can never really be sure what you got. there's still some hope and examiners mark positively, not negatively
2. if you're a person who normally does very well (likely since you hold an offer from cambridge), then what you find difficult many more will find more difficult. this affects grade boundaries in your favour, and could just about get you enough marks needed to hit your target
Original post by ninjass
I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.

don't worry! i think you'll be fine.
Original post by Cadherin
To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!

Definitely wish I had about 15 minutes more too. I only answered a tiny bit of that 9 marker due to time constraints and I didn't have time to go back and check the rest of what I'd done. CHEM5 was a blessing for me (it's my weaker unit but the paper was pretty standard imo) but I doubt it will be enough to get me an A..which is stupid because before that CHEM4 exam I was so prepared and ready and everything seemed easy in the sense that there was a (albeit small) chance I could've been aiming for an A*. It was 100% the hardest CHEM4 paper there has ever been on this spec, but like you said, it wasn't 'abysmal'...reflecting on it though it was my 2nd or 3rd hardest exam.

But my issue is when I get things wrong and I know I've got them wrong or had to guess, it throws me off for the entire paper and I lose focus and I get flustered and the whole experience becomes awful. It's really overwhelming and I hate it. I could get 90+ marks in the past papers and honestly, I'll be shocked if I'm pushing 70 marks...no joke.
Pearson Edexcel grade boundaries out yet?
Original post by ninjass

I think 87/100 will be 118/120 UMS, cap should be around 88/100 and, yeah, 85/100 will be around 110/120 in my opinion.

I got that propanone one wrong I think (*******s!) as I put rate=[H+][propanone] (exactly the same) which is wrong apparently but I did well on most of the organic I think.

Maybe I'll get a mark or two for that actually, as I justified it saying 'even though propanone is in large excess, it is still in the rate-determining step, so rate equation will theoretically not change'. idk what the mark scheme will be like...
Original post by Reexox
I rang Keele (my insurance) last week and the lady said she couldn't release me until she had my results. I'm sure that's not true? I'm sure they can release you before results. I was pretty annoyed.

They can't do swaps or changes after a certain date so then yes they have to wait till results day to put changes through the system. They won't be in a rush to release you from your obligation so I m afraid you ll have to hope they ll be quick about it.
Original post by tanyapotter
don't worry! i think you'll be fine.

I hope so tanya!!!
Original post by claireestelle
They can't do swaps or changes after a certain date so then yes they have to wait till results day to put changes through the system. They won't be in a rush to release you from your obligation so I m afraid you ll have to hope they ll be quick about it.

I understand. I just hoped they might due to what I've read on the UCAS site but I was still frustrated.

Quick Reply

Latest