The Student Room Group

Last minute degree change!

I have secured my places at St Georges and Kent university to study biomedical science. But the only problem now is that i have changed my mind and want to study mathematics.
I assume i will just have to go through clearing asking to do maths?
But the truth is I have no idea what i should do and whether i should call up my universities to see their opinion?
Any help and advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you
Original post by Toniamariee
I have secured my places at St Georges and Kent university to study biomedical science. But the only problem now is that i have changed my mind and want to study mathematics.
But the truth is I have no idea what i should do and whether i should call up my universities to see their opinion?
Thank you

Would you want to study maths at Kent or st George's or would you want to go elsewhere?
Thank you

The one thing I would ask is - what makes you want to study maths? What kinds of things does it involve at degree level?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Would you want to study maths at Kent or st George's or would you want to go elsewhere?

Only kent does maths so maybe still do it there but I'm open to going elsewhere
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
The one thing I would ask is - what makes you want to study maths? What kinds of things does it involve at degree level?

Are you asking me that personally or would you ask the uni that?
Are you asking me that personally or would you ask the uni that?

Personally - I am a third year maths student and perhaps I can help you to make a decision.

Quick Reply