The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

When grade boundaries are released

giphy.jpg
Original post by Caver
minimum DDD :tongue:

I forgot colleges existed tbh. But yeah that might be a option for me too..
Original post by Effie14
It's hard to not spoil the games while still writing well about them, so sorry if I don't do the games justice! Conquest is a massive battle all the way through, against your Hoshidan siblings, as well as your Nohrian ones at times. Trying to defeat the evil from the inside is enjoyable but definitely dark at points. Birthright, despite being more lighthearted does bring different tragedies that you have to work to fix, though your Hoshidan siblings are more compliant than your Nohrian ones :tongue:

I've actually already finished Revelations and... Damn, it's breathtaking. The storyline is genuinely wonderful with twists and turns at every corner.Conquest is definitely the hardest of all three, whereas Birthright is the "easiest" (but it's still not easy, for sure!) I kinda enjoy having fewer people know of its worth too, it gives it more meaning for me for some reason :tongue:

Allow me to join in,That was my first FE game but it wasn't that much enjoyable,The storyline isn't that amazing(Then again most people don't play FE for Story) but I must admit the animation was good for a 3ds game.I played birthright and conquest,But since Revelations had the strongest story of the three,Might give it a try in the future.

I also like having fewer people know about a game,Means much more to me that way as well,jRPGs are good in that regard because even though some of them are quite popular and maybe even mainstream in the west,None of my classmates care about them.Its oddly satisfying for whatever reason.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aph
Maybe they guessed? Or decided they couldn't take the risk in case you were?

Probably :redface:

Maybe I failed their screening test too

It's just bad how I can't even relate to those 'end up at MDs after failing' memes anymore XD
Reply 4664
Original post by Serine Soul
Probably :redface:

Maybe I failed their screening test too

It's just bad how I can't even relate to those 'end up at MDs after failing' memes anymore XD

They have a test?!

I always thought failing MENT more like Adsa or tesco personally:redface:
Original post by ninjass
I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.

do you remember the structure for the 9 marker? Every structure I saw on the unofficial MS was incorrect in one way and the tertiary alclhol seemed the most correct (even tho the question said it can't be one)
I completely forgot about grade boundaries,Welp something to look forward to before the results.
Original post by Aph
They have a test?!

I always thought failing MENT more like Adsa or tesco personally:redface:

Omg

I applied for 6 jobs at Tesco this summer, rejected for all! My uncle works there and even helped me with the screening test

Tbh I actually have no hope without uni
Original post by Rabadon
do you remember the structure for the 9 marker? Every structure I saw on the unofficial MS was incorrect in one way and the tertiary alclhol seemed the most correct (even tho the question said it can't be one)

i got ch3oc(ch3)2ch2ch2oh i think so a primary alcohol? Only 1 person i know got the same but it looks right
Reply 4669
Original post by Serine Soul
Omg

I applied for 6 jobs at Tesco this summer, rejected for all! My uncle works there and even helped me with the screening test

Tbh I actually have no hope without uni

Again might not want to train you because they think you will be going to uni :redface:

But I'm supprised you got rejected if your uncle works there, unless he isn't management?
What I feel like I got:

AQA A2 Biology: A
Edexcel A2 Geography: A
AQA A2 Chemistry: D

(Chem 4.... :unimpressed::sigh::stomp: )
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol my insrance was A*A*AA how dumb am I.
Why did i just pick warwick where my offer was pretty much unconditional.
Now im gna end up in clearing end up going to some next ******** uni doing like ****ing physics **** sake

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you the guy from physicsandmathstutor.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCIENCE :D
sweeet! How did you find it, can you remember which questions you did?

well i left the exam thinking it wasn't too bad, but the mark scheme being released has now convinced me that my 30 mark answer was an absolute train wreck tbh lol

i did the 1900-14 knowledge question and the consent v terror source question! what about you??
Original post by izzy_hill
well i left the exam thinking it wasn't too bad, but the mark scheme being released has now convinced me that my 30 mark answer was an absolute train wreck tbh lol

i did the 1900-14 knowledge question and the consent v terror source question! what about you??

Ah ok, I did the same source question as you but instead I did the other 30 marker about opposition during the war years. It seemed to go ok, but I just hope I have done enough to get a B for my Uni offer. :smile: Good luck and hope all goes well.
Original post by izzy_hill

i did the same module as you. can you send me the mark scheme?
How do some of you guys still remember your answers when we took the exams like 2 months ago
I don't even remember what the questions were!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Ah ok, I did the same source question as you but instead I did the other 30 marker about opposition during the war years. It seemed to go ok, but I just hope I have done enough to get a B for my Uni offer. :smile: Good luck and hope all goes well.

the war question was a lot better, i just didn't have enough knowledge ugh!

if you haven't already you can calculate how many UMS marks you'd need to have achieved in this year's exam to still come out with a B, i've done the calculations and it is kind of reassuring i guess lol:smile: good luck to you too!
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
How do some of you guys still remember your answers when we took the exams like 2 months ago
I don't even remember what the questions were!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I barely rememner mine answers and that is making me scared a bit lol
Original post by greenteaturtle
i did the same module as you. can you send me the mark scheme?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-onmFlcpcdoZ0tMMXRnMmlDcVk/view

all edexcel mark schemes are up, you can find them on the first post of this thread in all of the links!
Spoke to an anonymous admissions officer from an anonymous university and they told me that they have made their decision for every single applicant today.

Quick Reply