The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatieAlicexxx
How do some of you guys still remember your answers when we took the exams like 2 months ago
I don't even remember what the questions were!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont i look back on whatsapp chats where we discuessed the exams
Guys do examiners' reports come out on the 17th too? Or is it just grade boundaries ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzy_hill
the war question was a lot better, i just didn't have enough knowledge ugh!

if you haven't already you can calculate how many UMS marks you'd need to have achieved in this year's exam to still come out with a B, i've done the calculations and it is kind of reassuring i guess lol:smile: good luck to you too!

Yeah I just did it before, it is reassuring in a weird way isn't it haha.
How are you lot passing the time between now and results day?
Anyone reckon Uni of Edinburgh will allow me to do Computer Science with AAC (offer AAA)? Completely bummed out in my C4 maths exam because I had a migraine and I couldn't answer a whole question in my D1 paper :frown:
Original post by DarkEnergy
How are you lot passing the time between now and results day?

Sleeplessly
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Sleeplessly

I go to sleep at 4 and wake up at 2, hopefully after results it will go back to normal.
Original post by DesignPredator
I go to sleep at 4 and wake up at 2, hopefully after results it will go back to normal.

Same here, seems like there is no point of waking up some days but then I feel like a massive piece of ****.

Original post by DarkEnergy
Same here, seems like there is no point of waking up some days but then I feel like a massive piece of ****.

I've also been going to sleep at like 4am. Man, once Uni comes around I'm going to be so screwed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thought I'd post here in the runup to this.

Who, despite constantly getting consistent As and A*s in all practice papers beforehand, is still bricking themselves over this? I need to get AAB, the exact results I got last year, yet I don't see any scenario in which I will have done so. All my teachers are ones who've been marking for years now but I can't trust their judgement in all the mocks and practices I did. It's like nothing can get my mind off of failure and it sucks, probably the reason I'm up at 1am. These three days can't go fast enough.

For the record I'm doing Business, English Lit and Film, the first of which is what I'm going on to study. All three have always had relatively low grade boundaries so I'm interested in seeing what they are this year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Thought I'd post here in the runup to this.

Who, despite constantly getting consistent As and A*s in all practice papers beforehand, is still bricking themselves over this? I need to get AAB, the exact results I got last year, yet I don't see any scenario in which I will have done so. All my teachers are ones who've been marking for years now but I can't trust their judgement in all the mocks and practices I did. It's like nothing can get my mind off of failure and it sucks, probably the reason I'm up at 1am. These three days can't go fast enough.

1am is nothing :colonhash:, you'll be fine. Everyone is *****ing it, I keep thinking my papers will get lost, or my exam won't be marked correct even in the papers I did well in.
Original post by izzy_hill
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-onmFlcpcdoZ0tMMXRnMmlDcVk/view

all edexcel mark schemes are up, you can find them on the first post of this thread in all of the links!

omg it says for lvl5 there needs to be an impressive conclusion. both my conclusions were shite because i was panicking due to time. :angry: do you think it's still possible for me to get an A if i included the right material and argued it consistently with evaluations?
1am is nothing :colonhash:, you'll be fine. Everyone is *****ing it, I keep thinking my papers will get lost, or my exam won't be marked correct even in the papers I did well in.

Omg im thinking the same 😠😠😠😠

Ha, wish I had that kind of worry. My worries are that I somehow screwed it all up in the exam room (room because I was lucky/illegible enough to type my exams up). I'm deathly afraid of looking at Tutor2u and their provisional mark schemes.
It's this week 😭😱
Original post by emiloujess
It's this week 😭😱

Why couldn't it have been the 15th like last year? Like I said above these three days are going to be utter hell.

I blame Brexit.
Who's watching the Olympics? 100m and 400m finals tonight!
Reply 4697
It's this week 😭😱

It was yesterday too (Sunday is start of the week)
I'm not scared just impatient...
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Why couldn't it have been the 15th like last year? Like I said above these three days are going to be utter hell.

I blame Brexit.

Erm, it was the 13th last year...

Original post by Aph
It was yesterday too (Sunday is start of the week)
I'm not scared just impatient...

I'm terrified 😭
Erm, it was the 13th last year...

Ah, well that's even worse. Nearly a whole week before we get ours.

Quick Reply