The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Managed to avoid anything physical in high school, which I think is quite impressive considering my high school was pretty rough compared to other ones in the area and I was considered both a "nerd" and an "emo". I was definitely never the latter, but I hung around with people who were, so I was guilty by association.

I'm in no hurry to go back to high school, at all.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wouldn't say it was necessarily bullying but I did get picked on quite a bit. I would be in school minding my own business/doing my thing and suddenly someone will laugh at me, shout my name, make racist comments etc. There was even a time where I would stand outside waiting to be picked up and this girl in the year above me would walked up to me and start kicking my bag before running back to her friends and laugh.

I don't know how I managed 5 years there. Now I'm in college and I'm so much happier that it doesn't happen anymore.
Sexism. Religious bullying from a teacher, Physical bullying but I got him a Police Record so I am good with that.
Reply 4
Mostly verbal, occasionally physical. It wasn't all bad. I learned that some self-respect goes a long way.

It sounds heartless, but people really will only bully you if you let them. If you provide a target, I mean. Love yourself enough to deny them that.

That's my experience with boys anyway. Girls are probably different.
Original post by jape
Mostly verbal, occasionally physical. It wasn't all bad. I learned that some self-respect goes a long way.

It sounds heartless, but people really will only bully you if you let them. If you provide a target, I mean. Love yourself enough to deny them that.

That's my experience with boys anyway. Girls are probably different.

I like that
Original post by davidguettafan
I had loads and a mix of physical and verbal bullying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tripped up in corridors by some lads
Fighting with people
Same lads kicked a football into my face during P.E
Some other dumb lad always took the piss during year 8 lessons

Damn why did guys hate me so much in high school?
Original post by davidguettafan
I had loads and a mix of physical and verbal bullying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It feels hard to say weather I was/am being bullied or not, because the word "bullying" is pretty powerful. However, I have experienced quite a bit in my school career.

I was shy in primary school so people really took advantage of me - used to call me all sorts about the way I acted (I was different/campy) and sexuality. Nothing about the way I looked as such, accept there was a period where people called me names because of my skin (I have eczema)

In secondary school I'd had enough of taking sh*t from people so I became more loud, outspoken, confident etc. This all masks a very shy, reserved, and anxious person underneath. This is why I sometimes don't feel like my friends really understand me because they have just seen this over the top confident person. Anyway, racial slurs came in thick and fast in secondary school, and I also had people comment on my hair and facial features. It's weird how if 1 person says something about the way you look, it can change the way you look at yourself for years. Of course, there were remarks about the way I acted/sexuality.

I have no idea what's gonna happen in sixth form (just finished yr 11), maybe wishful thinking but hopefully I can just keep to myself and get through it at ease because I'm fed up with all the "high school hierarchy" sh*t and just the social side of school in general. Hopefully people will have matured and grown up over summer... Just want to get it, get out and get my education:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
eh I got called weird a lot. I guess I kind of am though. Luckily my friends were equally weird.

I got pushed around quite a bit in the corridors but then I started defending myself so, y'know.
Reply 9
In primary school it was just the usual insults oriented towards me being a butterball. In high school it was the girl telling me that I was so skinny that I was disgusting and telling me to kill myself. Can't win!
Reply 10
mainly name calling and people refusing to sit next to me like i had a contagious disease. also had a few things thrown at me and public embarrassments
None thankfully. All my bullying occurred at home, I know which one I'd prefer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't say I got 'bullied' but I was picked on. At my school there was a separation between like popular people who had to be rich (have a big house, latest fashion) and usually good looking depending on how rich they were. I went to a snobby rich people school (it wasn't private) but I wasn't rich so I was outcast like many others. People made fun of me because I was shy mostly.
Only verbal. It was mostly from 'friends' and not just random pupils at the school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was verbally bullied. But, some girls used to throw balled up papers at me. And, teacher didn't even say anything to them. Once, a girl threw a full bottle of water from across the room right at my head. Again, the teacher didn't say anything. :/
Reply 15
Everyone called me dumbo, I actually wish it was becuase I was dumb.… but it was because I have big ears lol
I didn't really get bullied but got in a few fights with two girls at different times.
one in year 8 who was a racist b*tch, she called me names and threw stuff at me than she threw a chair at me, which I wasn't going to take so that lunch time was fun!!!
One in year 10 when some girl was convinced her boyfriend cheated on her with me (which he didn't) and started a fight by grabbing my hair outside school.
None were particularly serious and mostly self defence, but would never fight with anyone otherwise.
I don't recall being 'bullied', just being the target of snide comments made by people behind my back. No one said anything directly to me, except a time when I had a falling out with my friends but that was brief.
I was bullied to the point where I was physically and emotionally scared for life turning me into the sociopath I am today. Cross the film Crows Zero with Hannibal and your get the experience I had. I doubt you can get worse than that.
I used to get bullied because of my race and religion constantly all throughout primary school, until I moved away in year 6. It kinda messed me up in terms of my confidence for example for a long long time.

Latest