The Student Room Group

UCAS points for a U?

If I were to hypothetically get a U at A2 level, would the UCAS points from my AS Level in the same subject count instead?
I would have thought the full A-level cancels out the AS.

It's a good question though. For reformed subjects where the AS is a separate qualification, is your AS qualification still valid after you do the full A-level?
Original post by Robeomega
If I were to hypothetically get a U at A2 level, would the UCAS points from my AS Level in the same subject count instead?

If you have certified an AS in a subject, that qualification is yours, you own it, nobody can take it away whatever your performance at full A level. It is worth a specific number of UCAS points that could be used to satisfy uni entry requirements. Whether those points do actually count for anything depends on the exact details of your offer as there are often conditions attached to points offers e.g. XXX points gained from 3 full A levels.

The reformed A levels don't change this although the points for AS will in future years become less than half the points for a full A level at the same grade. Even though the new AS is a completely standalone qualification you would not count it towards the UCAS total if you go on to pass the full a level.
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/tariff-2017

* Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending