The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Economistician
Who's watching the Olympics? 100m and 400m finals tonight!

what time is 100m final?
Original post by Mathsmad123
what time is 100m final?

It's gonna be at 2:25am UK time
Original post by Mathsmad123
what time is 100m final?

2:25 :smile:
Checking the Grade Boundaries from last year is really my only comfort at this point. They can't have changed that much, right?
Original post by chloeabeki
YES.
Firm- A*AA
Insurance- AAA
Wish I'd chosen an AAB/ABB insurance now tbh as I'm probably going to end up in Clearing.

Im in exactly the same position (same grades and all). What did you apply for?
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Allow me to join in,That was my first FE game but it wasn't that much enjoyable,The storyline isn't that amazing(Then again most people don't play FE for Story) but I must admit the animation was good for a 3ds game.I played birthright and conquest,But since Revelations had the strongest story of the three,Might give it a try in the future.

I also like having fewer people know about a game,Means much more to me that way as well,jRPGs are good in that regard because even though some of them are quite popular and maybe even mainstream in the west,None of my classmates care about them.Its oddly satisfying for whatever reason.

It was only my third FE game, and whilst I enjoyed its story and it in general, I appreciate that others may not share my opinion. Was there anything about the story that really bugged you?Same here regarding the lack of knowledge of JRPGs in the west, though I have got my friend into Fire Emblem now!
Andy Murray winning gold made me forget about Results Day for a while XD
How does Usain Bolt remain so sooooo soooooo sooooooooooooooo calm casually winning golds and breaking records????
And here's us *****ing ourselves over something that has already been completed.
Original post by Windies
How does Usain Bolt remain so sooooo soooooo sooooooooooooooo calm casually winning golds and breaking records????
And here's us *****ing ourselves over something that has already been completed.

Because once you've crossed the line you know exactly how well you did.

Waiting for results is like not being able to see your opponents during a race, finishing it then having to wait 2 months for your position to come up.
Only a whole bunch of 2s left xD
Dunno if anyone else loves it when a clock reads out only one number. It's one of my favourite odd things lol
image.jpeg
gah, that makes it look more daunting

(Just under 72 Hours actually)
I like to forget that I even sat exams 😂😂
:frown:
Hahaha. 100% convinced that I'll end up in clearing...

even though both my firm and insurance are in clearing for my course :colonhash:
Original post by Peppercrunch
Hahaha. 100% convinced that I'll end up in clearing...

even though both my firm and insurance are in clearing for my course :colonhash:

What course?
Original post by DarkEnergy
What course?

It's a rather niche degree.

Economics and Geography.

Even UCL had it for adjustment last year, so I'm assuming it's not that popular :tongue:.
It's a rather niche degree.
Economics and Geography.
Even UCL had it for adjustment last year, so I'm assuming it's not that popular :tongue:.

Cool, after graduating would you go onto do something with economics, or geography?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Cool, after graduating would you go onto do something with economics, or geography?

I'm hoping to go into consultancy, tech or if not, go work in the Big 4 for advisory. This is mainly the economics side.

For the geography side, probably urban or transport planning for places like TfL.
I chose a joint honours as it opens up more doors for me.

How about you? What are you doing at university?
I'm hoping to go into consultancy, tech or if not, go work in the Big 4 for advisory. This is mainly the economics side.
For the geography side, probably urban or transport planning for places like TfL.
I chose a joint honours as it opens up more doors for me.
How about you? What are you doing at university?

Ah right that sounds great.

Just finished my AS exams in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science. I'll be dropping Computer Science. Hopefully going to study Physics at uni - St Andrews is the dream, but I'll also be applying to Edinburgh, York, Nottingham, and Birmingham.

Quick Reply

Latest