The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
I don't know if I really want to see the grade boundaries the day before or not. I can't even remember half of the exams and I don't know if my estimates were correct so I don't see the point in getting my hopes up or crushing them the day before results day.
What about you guys?
Original post by Mlb37
I don't know if I really want to see the grade boundaries the day before or not. I can't even remember half of the exams and I don't know if my estimates were correct so I don't see the point in getting my hopes up or crushing them the day before results day.
What about you guys?

Same I've forgotten too and I try to not think about it. The only grade boundaries I will see are the ones I stumble across on here so I'll probably avoid this thread on the 24th. I think I'd get worried and nervous if I saw them.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
What about you guys?

I can see what you mean, I used the unofficial mark schemes to guess and it'll just get me more anxious about the actual day. I might give in and have a small peek but I know I'll worry myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1203
Original post by Matrix123
Same I've forgotten too and I try to not think about it. The only grade boundaries I will see are the ones I stumble across on here so I'll probably avoid this thread on the 24th. I think I'd get worried and nervous if I saw them.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah good idea. I'll perhaps look at them after I've got my results but not before. It's so nerve wracking! I just want the next week and a half to hurry up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the next week and a half doesn't hurry it's bloody ass up I may lose my mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Yeah good idea. I'll perhaps look at them after I've got my results but not before. It's so nerve wracking! I just want the next week and a half to hurry up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I definitely will look after - and get annoyed at how close I was from the next or marvel at how I just got into a grade :tongue: Sure is!
Posted from TSR Mobile
So, how are you guys planning to open your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
So, how are you guys planning to open your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll open it with my friends (hopefully in a discrete area), making sure I rip the envelope open just to speed up the process :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by extraordinaire
I'll open it with my friends (hopefully in a discrete area), making sure I rip the envelope open just to speed up the process :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, depending if they're there early enough :P I'll probably get so excited and pressured by teachers I'll have to rip it on the spot (Good luck to me if the teachers wanna see)
Reply 1209
I can see what you mean, I used the unofficial mark schemes to guess and it'll just get me more anxious about the actual day. I might give in and have a small peek but I know I'll worry myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true. You don't want to get your hopes up thinking you've got a certain grade to then find out you haven't or vice versa. Argh I don't know what to think anymore!
Original post by Mlb37
Yeah that's true. You don't want to get your hopes up thinking you've got a certain grade to then find out you haven't or vice versa. Argh I don't know what to think anymore!

I'm so torn myself. Like I want to find out but at the same time I don't want to worry myself and end up getting in a ball of disappointment on the day. Isn't the human mind a wonderful thing at times like this? :colonhash:
Reply 1211
I'm so torn myself. Like I want to find out but at the same time I don't want to worry myself and end up getting in a ball of disappointment on the day. Isn't the human mind a wonderful thing at times like this? :colonhash:

Yeah I know! I want to know what I got but I just want it to be good and something I'm happy with. We have to wait soo long for the results I've totally forgotten what exams we did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Yeah I know! I want to know what I got but I just want it to be good and something I'm happy with. We have to wait soo long for the results I've totally forgotten what exams we did

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, I know right? I spent last night trying to remember what subjects I did exams for. I have a feeling these next ten days are going to drag...
Original post by extraordinaire
That's strange because my friend is also doing NCS and she said that they cancelled the 25th because most of the people in her programme were in Year 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of my group is Year 11, thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure that we're still using results day.
I know for results day this week, everyone has to be back for 3 o'clock, so I'm guessing it will be something like that but a bit earlier?
Same here, depending if they're there early enough :P I'll probably get so excited and pressured by teachers I'll have to rip it on the spot (Good luck to me if the teachers wanna see)

Yh, opening results can be adrenaline inducing

Posted from TSR Mobile
My plan - run in to school as soon as I'm allowed to take my results, my dad and I are gonna sit in maccies and I'll open them after eating a burger and fries.. Then when I'm calm, rip it open.. And either go outside and start digging my grave or go have a meal with friends 🍷🍷
I am so nervous the grade boundaries better be really low otherwise I'm screwed!! I so regret taking art argh!!
Original post by Drewwww
My plan - run in to school as soon as I'm allowed to take my results, my dad and I are gonna sit in maccies and I'll open them after eating a burger and fries.. Then when I'm calm, rip it open.. And either go outside and start digging my grave or go have a meal with friends 🍷🍷

That's pretty different to me, I don't think I have that sort of patience! Good luck, I hope you'll be enjoying that meal.

Original post by Mizz.Unicorn
I am so nervous the grade boundaries better be really low otherwise I'm screwed!! I so regret taking art argh!!

I know how you feel about the grade boundaries, I hope they'll be as lenient as possible this year and feel sorry for us worn out students.
The countdown is going to turn into single digits from today :eek:
As soon as my school gate opens I'm flying to the main hall, I'm actually ready for them, this wait is jarring. The anticipation is too much 😭

Latest