The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
Any chance you could exceed your firms offer?

Not a chance in hell and I really want to go to my firm but it's just my insurance that I don't want to go to and thus would rather try my luck in clearing if my firm rejects me !
Original post by JPFM
People seem to act positive when the see they firm choice in clearing for their course, isn't it technically good and bad?

Well it means some people haven't met the grades which could mean them. If there are lots of places in clearing it either means loads of people have missed the grades massively, or they're being very strict on people who only just missed out :/
Original post by LC1996
Well it means some people haven't met the grades which could mean them. If there are lots of places in clearing it either means loads of people have missed the grades massively, or they're being very strict on people who only just missed out :/

or it could mean that places are not filled up most unis still had spaces when clearing first came out this year/people may have changed course thus freeing up space - not necessarily due to missing grades
Original post by scrawlx101
or it could mean that places are not filled up most unis still had spaces when clearing first came out this year/people may have changed course thus freeing up space - not necessarily due to missing grades

Depends what the course is - some are very competitive and so places being filled won't have been a problem
Who is here talking everything that they wpuldnt to someone in real life like parents or friends ... i mean i wouldnt talk about getting soecific grades to my friends and then if i dont get it i would be embarassed all my life when i sit with them lol
Original post by Lainathiel
What's your firm/what course? Did I remember you saying your offer was A*A*A? I definitely feel you on the stress front - I was so relieved when my offer was A*AA, yet even though I was aiming for higher than that in the exams I keep convincing myself that I've got nowhere near, aaah!

Natural Sciences at Cambridge, and yeah my offer is A*A*A
I feel like I've got A*AB
Reply 4746
Original post by emiloujess
Erm, it was the 13th last year...

I'm terrified 😭

:hugs: I'm sure you'll be fine :h:
Am I in the minority who aren't stressing about Thursday?
Original post by QueenBee98
Am I in the minority who aren't stressing about Thursday?

I'm not stressed out either. Just counting the days tbh...
Original post by naz.97
I'm not stressed out either. Just counting the days tbh...

I just want it to be over and done with! :smile: I think I'm not stressing because I did a BTEC as well as Two A levels and EPQ, and I already know what I got for it, so it's not stressing me as much... What do you need for Uni?
I had a dream that I logged onto Track and it said that I got the grades for my firm but they changed their mind about me because of something I said in my personal statement so they don't want me anymore :redface:. Too bad I probably won't get the grades anyway.
Original post by QueenBee98
I just want it to be over and done with! :smile: I think I'm not stressing because I did a BTEC as well as Two A levels and EPQ, and I already know what I got for it, so it's not stressing me as much... What do you need for Uni?

Oh okay, that puts a lot of pressure of :smile: What subjects did you do for your 2 A levels?
I finished one of my A2s last year along with my AS exams, so I'm only awaiting 2 A level grades this year (although I did AS & A2 Geography all in one year, this year)
I need AAA for Philosophy at King's (don't have an insurance) wbu?
Off*
Firm = Cambridge.
A*A*A offer.
Best case for me is AAB.
Expectations of school, teachers and parents.
I'm monumentally screwed.
:/
Original post by naz.97
Oh okay, that puts a lot of pressure of :smile: What subjects did you do for your 2 A levels?
I finished one of my A2s last year along with my AS exams, so I'm only awaiting 2 A level grades this year (although I did AS & A2 Geography all in one year, this year)
I need AAA for Philosophy at King's (don't have an insurance) wbu?

It does indeed! :smile: I did AQA English Literature and English Language :biggrin: Oh that's really good! Well done! :smile: Good luck - I hope that you get what you need! :biggrin:
I need around 280 points for my course - I'm hopefully going to be studying Primary Education at Bishop Grosseteste! :smile:
Does anyone know when Edexcel grade boundaries will be released? Thanks 😊
Original post by economicss

Well could be at midnight on the 17th but you're best bet is to just go on their website at like 8 on Wednesday when they'll deffo be there :smile:
Reply 4757
Original post by economicss

Wednesday
Original post by Serine Soul
Natural Sciences at Cambridge, and yeah my offer is A*A*A
I feel like I've got A*AB

Eep, I was wondering if you were going to say that! Mine is medicine at Oxford - I think the med offer for Cambridge is two A*s too. I thought the exams went well but I've stressed so much over the holidays I've convinced myself I could get anything between 4A* and 4Bs, haha. :/ It's so much easier to tell somebody else than yourself, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just trying not to overthink it at the moment; it's probably for the best that I never remember the exam questions so looking at the grade boundaries would be pointless for me! Let me know how you get on Thursday! ^_^
Right this isn't fair anymore on me!!
During exam season every single day of it went slow but the rest of the year zoomed past!! :huff:
And now the last 3days of results day is taking its lovely time :eek: and watch after results day the remaining holidays will fly by!!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest