The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insight314
So is your ignorance to politics made to suit how the general public perceives political issues, and thus feel more 'fit in' with society? If you negate that as well, then I don't know why you are on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wozza.
Chill out mate what happened to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Wozza.
Chill out mate what happened to you.

Nothing quite like politics to get people riled up
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien

Is insight putin.
Thats my question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is insight putin.
Thats my question

Posted from TSR Mobile

He did say he was from the east......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien

Politics brings out the worst in people.

I still feel bad about some of the things I said after the Brexit vote. I turned against my own people
@jneill,

Okay, I don't know what's going on.

My mum just got called by one of the teachers in my school that she should come to results day to be interviewed with me for two newspapers. I also have to wear my secondary school's uniform. :frown:

What the hell does this mean? It mustn't be a sign since schools find out on Wednesday. Is it possible for Cambridge to have told them in particular?

If it's not a sign, then how can they seriously think I won't be pressured when there is a possibility I go to results day and get rejected. I am even more stressed about results day now.
Is insight putin.
Thats my question

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea what you're saying.
Read the above post, I am shocked.
I was expecting call on Wednesday if I have met my offer but wtf.
What do I do?
@jneill,

My mum just got called by one of the teachers in my school that she should come to results day to be interviewed with me for two newspapers. I also have to wear my secondary school's uniform. :frown:

What the hell does this mean? It mustn't be a sign since schools find out on Wednesday. Is it possible for Cambridge to have told them in particular?

If it's not a sign, then how can they seriously think I won't be pressured when there is a possibility I go to results day and get rejected. I am even more stressed about results day now.

I heard that schools actually receive our results a week before we do. If that's true, your school has had your results since last Thursday. Apologies if I'm wrong.
@jneill,

Original post by Platopus
I heard that schools actually receive our results a week before we do. If that's true, your school has had your results since last Thursday. Apologies if I'm wrong.

No they get them the day before.

It's quite common, especially for schools without many previous Oxbridge applicants, to want to make a song and dance about their pupils (likely) success. But they don't know more than you. Yet.

@Insight314 - explain it to your mum that you aren't comfortable with it. The school should respect your wishes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill

It's quite common, especially for schools without many previous Oxbridge applicants, to want to make a song and dance about their pupils (likely) success. But they don't know more than you. Yet.

But that's extremely unfair. This puts even more pressure on me. What if I do get rejected?
Original post by jneill

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I had been fighting the urge to call up my school and interrogate them!
But that's extremely unfair. This puts even more pressure on me. What if I do get rejected?

See my edit.

I agree, it's unfair. I'm refusing to go in and collect my results, personally. Can you get yours online?
Original post by jneill
@Insight314 - explain it to your mum that you aren't comfortable with it. The school should respect your wishes.

I don't mind having a photo taken or get asked questions, but they expect me to bring school's uniform and for my mum to also come for results day. All this is too much preparation for something which may not even happen, given that there is a chance (low one) that I may have missed my offer.

Just say no man.
Who cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Platopus
I agree, it's unfair. I'm refusing to go in and collect my results, personally. Can you get yours online?

Nah, can't get them online. My mum also really wants to come. If it was after I knew about the results I would be fine with anything they ask me, but I want to know I got the offer and then do **** like that.
Original post by jneill

I always thought it was the morning of results day... That's why my school always told me
Just say no man.
Who cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mum really wants me to do it, and I also want to help out my school since they have been pretty helpful with my self-studying and all. I was planning on doing it either way, but the thing I don't like is that they called me before Wednesday (when they find out) and I don't want to go there prepared for that **** and then be rejected by Cambz.
My mum really wants me to do it, and I also want to help out my school since they have been pretty helpful with my self-studying and all. I was planning on doing it either way, but the thing I don't like is that they called me before Wednesday (when they find out) and I don't want to go there prepared for that **** and then be rejected by Cambz.

Just check on thursday at 8am then go on from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
See my edit.

If the school finds out on Wednesday, would they not call me on that day to scrap everything if I have not met my offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending