The Student Room Group

Boyfriend problems

I have been with my boyfriend for over a year now and it's getting close to 2 years. As of my age I refuse to have sex , just the thought of having a baby yet should probably scare everyone. I'm coming on to 15 and my boyfriend is only 2 years older. But that thing is is that my boyfriend gets so paranoid about my period. Like its a real paranoid feeling. The other day I thought he got over it and I have just come off and am not due till the 7th. Yesterday he broke down crying for 40 min over it. Like thingd can just literally flip (we could be talking about how much we love each other - cringy but then we just burst out crying) like I don't know what to do anymore . I have explain countless times im not pregnant . But eVen worse we don't do any sexual things.
He knows what he is doing and how baby's work , but he has this constant paranoia
Wait, you haven't had sex and he's paranoid that you may be pregnant*:s-smilie:? You do realise that's the only way to get pregnant?*
I think you need to explain to him how babies are made.
Clearly didn't pay much attention in school...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there something wrong with him?
I'm struggling to comprehend someone crying because you have you period, or worrying you're pregnant when you've not had sex?
Reply 4
Original post by Enchantress13
I have been with my boyfriend for over a year now and it's getting close to 2 years. As of my age I refuse to have sex , just the thought of having a baby yet should probably scare everyone. I'm coming on to 15 and my boyfriend is only 2 years older. But that thing is is that my boyfriend gets so paranoid about my period. Like its a real paranoid feeling. The other day I thought he got over it and I have just come off and am not due till the 7th. Yesterday he broke down crying for 40 min over it. Like thingd can just literally flip (we could be talking about how much we love each other - cringy but then we just burst out crying) like I don't know what to do anymore . I have explain countless times im not pregnant . But eVen worse we don't do any sexual things.
He knows what he is doing and how baby's work , but he has this constant paranoia

He's clearly not of the right mental state to be in a relationship with you. He needs to grasp the concept of reproduction, and a better grasp on reality if you ask me.
Reply 5

You do realise if you always wear a condom when you have sex, then there's like no chance you're going to get pregnant?
Reply 6
Original post by Fujitaro
You do realise if you always wear a condom when you have sex, then there's like no chance you're going to get pregnant?

Condom can break
Original post by Fujitaro

Original post by Capeking
Condom can break

These two have been practicing the safest form of contraception there is. No sex. =l
Guaranteed no pregnancy.
Your boyfriend clearly cares about you. He appears to be scared about the idea of having children at a young age that it is overwhelming for him. He may also have some childhood problems that you don't know about.

Give him a break. Do you want a macho boyfriend that behaves like he does not care. When you get pregnant, he abandons you and your child?
Original post by Wired_1800
Your boyfriend clearly cares about you. He appears to be scared about the idea of having children at a young age that it is overwhelming for him. He may also have some childhood problems that you don't know about.

Give him a break. Do you want a macho boyfriend that behaves like he does not care. When you get pregnant, he abandons you and your child?

They haven't had sex, you've missed the point. The guy needs a reality check
Original post by Donkey******
They haven't had sex, you've missed the point. The guy needs a reality check

No, I did not miss the point. Like I wrote, he may have some childhood problems, that the OP needs to find out.

I will give him a top grade for being worried about being a dad at 17 though.
I think you just need to reassure your boyfriend :smile:

If your boyfriend is that worried, you could if you want to (this is a suggestion not a demand) go see a GP and start going on the pill.

My periods used to be all over the place but I started going on the pill and it really helped sync them over 28 days. I think the age is 14 to start going on the pill. There are some dangers to the pill but your GP will explain, and it's usually in rare cases.

Plus if you have sex in the present or the way future (because I didn't go on the pill for sex reasons) you're safe if you're on the pill and use a condom.
If he's causing hassle now get rid! You're only 15 and have your life ahead of you to find a more suitable man haha. It's not worth getting stressed about boys your age :smile:
People on this forum have very interesting partners...:lolwut:

Anyway, I suggest you both sit down and have a chat. He can tell you what's really wrong and you can explain to him how human reproduction actually works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he isnt having sex with you then it cnat be his.
If you arent having sex period, then you arent going to get pregant unless you have active on mail order and turkey basters.

Its his problem. he can google any one of a zillion explanations on reproduction.

If its paranoia, then he cna contact a counselor on childline or one from Mind or his GP, but he is being irrational.
http://mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/paranoia/#.V7GXMaKWx9M

From your perspective, dont worry and dont sleep with him until you know its absolutely what YOU want. Use protection.
Reply 15
I doubt that you haven't been trying to reassure since you would want to make him feel better/deny any hint that he thinks you've cheated.

It really sounds like he would benefit from some professional intervention. And there is also a limit to how much you're able to help. He has to want the help and want to work to manage himself. It's not selfish or wrong to leave someone with mental health problems if that person has no intentions of trying to manage their condition so that they can become a more equal partner. Not least because you will become burnt out from trying to help keep them stable.

I have mental health problems for which some of the symptoms can became really bad. My partner is so supportive and amazing. He tells me when it is getting too much for him. I then make a choice..is this behaviour worth the cost. We also talk a lot of the conditions I have and I help him understand so that it's less scary for him. That's just what you do to help ease any burden the partner feels. I'm also healthy enough to provide support to him and have good boundaries.

The point is, though, that this didn't magic itself into existence. I was in relationships before and I couldn't cope at all. I would be really unstable and want to self destruct all the time. I was needy but terrified of being too close. I was a hot mess and I couldn't be in a relationship because my grip on reality was so poor. I recognised I was hurting bf so I would end the relationship. It was he best thing because I was just chipping away at him.
This is the thing, we haven't had sex and it's because i have irregular periods and he freaks out over it
Original post by Wired_1800

Thank you , this is what I think and what he try's to explain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending