The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

can anyone here offer me some advice ?

I've just rang up my insurance uni asking them to release me so that i can use clearing if my firm rejects me, and they said they can't do anything and to ring up again on thursday.

I've been told however it can takes unis days to release you into clearing and i know clearing places for the good unis go lightening fast so I'm just thinking should i ring up the unis and tell them that I'm waiting for my insurance to release me and if so would they ' hold ' my place ??

thanks so much in advance
Original post by Serine Soul
Natural Sciences at Cambridge, and yeah my offer is A*A*A
I feel like I've got A*AB

Hi :smile:

Do you mind me asking a few questions

Do you know which college you're going to?
Did you have an interview for Natural Sciences, if so how was it like and what type of questions did they ask you e.g. questions on PS or any mathematical questions.

Thanks!
TBH I don't care at all, the only thing I am expecting is to see people crying, (espically for those I hate), and I enjoy that.
Original post by FemaleBo55
Right this isn't fair anymore on me!!
During exam season every single day of it went sleep but the rest of the year zoomed past!! :huff:
And now the last 3days of results day is taking its lovely time :eek: and watch after results day the remaining holidays will fly by!!!

ikr! Where did the time go...
Original post by ozziew
Both great unis, I myself am gunning for Warwick too for Chemistry. Fingers crossed we get to where we wanna go.

Im also going for Warwick chemistry as my firm. My offer is AAB but last year the entry requirements were ABB so do u think they will let in people with ABB?
Original post by FemaleBo55
Right this isn't fair anymore on me!!
During exam season every single day of it went sleep but the rest of the year zoomed past!! :huff:
And now the last 3days of results day is taking its lovely time :eek: and watch after results day the remaining holidays will fly by!!!

This year altogether has gone really fast!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
TBH I don't care at all, the only thing I am expecting is to see people crying, (espically for those I hate), and I enjoy that.

Why?
Who do you hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.

How nice
Original post by fefssdf
Well could be at midnight on the 17th but you're best bet is to just go on their website at like 8 on Wednesday when they'll deffo be there :smile:

Thank you :smile:
So scary that the unis are accepting and rejecting our places!!!!
Original post by bishbashbosh123
So scary that the unis are accepting and rejecting our places!!!!

yep chances are that our fate has already been sealed @Nottingham Uni let me in plz
Original post by thevamps99xo
This year altogether has gone really fast!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me, it has dragged continuously :tongue:
Original post by Cadherin
For me, it has dragged continuously :tongue:

At some points it has for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't deal with the wait:frown: Did anyone else here do WJEC?
Original post by physicsmaths
Why?
Who do you hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mostly people who want to study medicine/in oxbridge/courses requiring AAA and above with D or C in most subjects.
Somehow I cannot understand people with logic fallacy and the deduction of "Because I work hard, So I deserve to study in XXX"

Working hard is neither sufficient nor necessary for archiving good grades, however I think the following is true

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4775
Original post by fefssdf
can anyone here offer me some advice ?

I've just rang up my insurance uni asking them to release me so that i can use clearing if my firm rejects me, and they said they can't do anything and to ring up again on thursday.

I've been told however it can takes unis days to release you into clearing and i know clearing places for the good unis go lightening fast so I'm just thinking should i ring up the unis and tell them that I'm waiting for my insurance to release me and if so would they ' hold ' my place ??

thanks so much in advance

That's awful!!! Obviously you know they shouldn't but I guess it can't hurt to ask. TBH I'm supprised they can't do a thing because I'd have thought it would be as simple as rejecting you instead of accepting you on track when they update it.
The clearing ads strike fear!
*feeling butterflies in tum*😖
Original post by Serine Soul
Natural Sciences at Cambridge, and yeah my offer is A*A*A
I feel like I've got A*AB

My friend has an offer for natural sciences at Cambridge but his offer is AAAA. No A*s lol
Original post by Aph
That's awful!!! Obviously you know they shouldn't but I guess it can't hurt to ask. TBH I'm supprised they can't do a thing because I'd have thought it would be as simple as rejecting you instead of accepting you on track when they update it.

well I asked them and they just said to ring back on thursday when i have my results and i was like ' so you can't do anything before ' and they just said no and that was that... unfortunately it isn't just as simple as them ticking reject or accept -__- I'm really quite fuming about all of this !!

Quick Reply

Latest