The Student Room Group

We're the Support Team, ask us anything!

Support Team
Ask us anything!

The Support Team work with the section leaders to look after each section of the site (i.e. Life and Style) to make sure students are getting the most out of TSR, they generate content and perform basic moderation of their sections, making sure everything is tidy.

We've got lots of members of the Support Team taking part from lots of different sections. Ask them anything! Don't have a specific member to ask? No problem, just post your question anyway and someone will be able to answer it. :biggrin:

For more information about the Support Team, see here. Do you fancy joining the Support Team? Take a look here!

Disclaimer: We want everyone to be able to take part in this, but we cannot answer sensitive questions regarding moderation or members of the community specifically. The Community Team would be happy to discuss moderation with you in Ask the Community Team (AtCT). You can, however, ask about what we would do in certain situations, etc.! Please don't ask any mean questions either. :wink:

AMA participants:

Participants and bios

All you've got to do is pick someone to ask a question and write a post, getting their attention by tagging them in! If you don't have a question for anyone in particular, just post it without tagging anyone in. :parrot:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Alright, proper questions this time.

@iEthan Are you really 17? It says that on your profile.

@Deyesy Regarding your degree, Social & Developmental V Stats & Bio. Which do you side with?

@claireestelle On a scale of 1 to 9, how Welsh are you?

Original post by iEthan
I am yes. :smile: I am currently doing A2 and not a degree, so couldn't possibly answer!

The formatting in the OP wasn't working properly for me so it made it look like you were the one studying the degree. Sort of. Directed it to Deyesy.

Side note: Do people still get the notification when a quote has been edited into a post? :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
Alright, proper questions this time.

@iEthan Are you really 17? It says that on your profile. Also, regarding your degree, Social & Developmental V Stats & Bio. Which do you side with?

I am yes. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Oh, thank god someone asked a question. I was about to say this:

:tumble:
Original post by Airmed
Oh, thank god someone asked a question. I was about to say this:

:tumble:

There's still time :wink:

@Airmed what's your favourite period of history excluding the Tudor era? Why? :flutter:
:colone:
Reply 6
Hi!
How did you cope with GCSE's?
How long have you been in the support team for? :h:
Reply 8
Original post by iEthan
There's still time :wink:

@Airmed what's your favourite period of history excluding the Tudor era? Why? :flutter:

Ooh, that would have to be the Troubles in N.Ireland, 1969-1998 (let's take that right up to the Good Friday Agreement :tongue:). Why? Because I just find it so fascinating. I also have access to people who grew up in it (Daddy). He would tell me stories of events that happened ever since I was a kid. It's why I actually have an interest in history. :moon:
Reply 9

Ballroom Blitz, Back in Black (AC/DC), and Someone New (Hoizer).

*resists listing off all my culchie Irish songs*

Original post by Dizgurl
Hi!

GCSEs are a walk in the park compared to A Levels, honestly. Except if you do 2 languages, like I did. That was woeful. :cry2: It's enjoyable enough if you are studying subjects you like!

I've been in the team since December 2015. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
What is your PIN number?

They said ask anything
Original post by ExoIceCream99
What is your PIN number?

They said ask anything

Reply 12
What is your PIN number?

They said ask anything

:laugh:
Reply 13
Also, I think I should probably say this publicly.

@usycool1 is the ultimate bae. :love: Sorry to everyone else.

That is all.
Original post by Dizgurl
Hi!

Hey! :hello:

As Airmed said, GCSEs were pretty easy looking back on it. It's important to manage your stress levels and give yourself breaks when revising. Don't cram, trust me. It's so not worth it! Most importantly though, just do your best. That's the mindset I went with. :smile:

I've been in the ST since April I think. :bigsmile:

Such a hard question! Mine always change all the time. Currently I'd have to say…
Delilah - Florence and the Machine (Galantis Remix)
Slave to the Vibe - Billon
Give me your love - Sigala
:closedeyes:

What is your PIN number?

They said ask anything

1231 :proud:
Original post by Airmed
Ballroom Blitz, Back in Black (AC/DC), and Someone New (Hoizer).

*resists listing off all my culchie Irish songs*

You forgot to mention Rocky Road to Dublin:ninja:

I was added last minute, so well done on being super quick there!

This always changes (except maybe my number 1, that'll always hold great meaning for me):
The Frames - Seven Day Mile
David Bowie - Heroes
Daughter - Youth
Although I also have a lot of love for The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work and Daughter - Medicine due to being a chronically ill person with a chronically ill best friend.
Reply 18
Original post by getfunky!
You forgot to mention Rocky Road to Dublin:ninja:

*classed under culchie Irish songs :awesome:*
Thanks guys I'll be cashing all of that in later!

On a serious question note, how does the badge, green things, reps and rep shields work? O_o

Latest