The Student Room Group

AQA AS FRENCH 2016 Grade boundaries

Hey everyone, do you think the AS French grade boundaries for this year will be lowered considering the amount of people who found it very difficult (myself included)?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Do you mean the speaking or writing/read/listening exam?

I did German but it seemed that all around all the languages papers were considerably harder than previous so /here's hoping/ they're slightly lower, but idk.
Original post by Inexorably
Do you mean the speaking or writing/read/listening exam?

I did German but it seemed that all around all the languages papers were considerably harder than previous so /here's hoping/ they're slightly lower, but idk.

The reading and listening... Yeah I'm really hoping so but I'm not too sure they will :/
If a lot of people found it difficult the grade boundaries are inevitably going to be lower
I'm hoping/expecting 80-83 for an A which would give me a safe B hopefully (unless my speaking went AWFULLY).
Reply 6
Holy **** guys your French exam must have been really hard?? You now only need 82/110 as opposed to last year needing 87/110 for an A.

Here I am still needing 90/110 for German :frown:
Im realy confused as my results say i got 118/110 . Did anyone else have this problem.
I just want to know what marks i actually got
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Yeah I am a bit confused as well because on the other sheet it says that the speaking is out of 60 rather than 50 and the writing/reading/listening was out of 140 not 110 as usual so it's really weird can anyone explain this??
The marks on the sheet are the ums, not the raw mark. You can see what mark you actually got by using AQA ums converter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending