The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Galaxie501
Why's every second person on here incredibly rude and incapable of preserving basic etiquette?

Thanks.

The internet tends to breed such behaviour, unfortunately.

If you're talking about the lovely MHoC, that's just how it is. :tongue:
Original post by James A
Closer - Travis
What's it gonna be - Shura
Beat it - Michael Jackson

Travis:five: miss those guys, along with red hot chili peppers
Original post by iEthan
Maybe you should stick around then, you might even get to 11. :flutter:

(Sorry I'm on a bit of GIF hype at the moment :lol:)

Original post by Airmed
I thought I was close to +10, but I am 2000 or so away. The rep system is cruel the higher you go. :frown:

It is! Like I got to +7 quite quickly but looking at the massive jumps after that... :redface: Good luck on your journey to +10 though :wink:
So I've got the clever clogs badge and chatterbox one... Which I know how it works.

How do you earn the hero one?
Reply 44
Original post by PugDevil

(Sorry I'm on a bit of GIF hype at the moment :lol:)

It is! Like I got to +7 quite quickly but looking at the massive jumps after that... :redface:

So many gifs, love the ones in the CT thread. :rofl:

I was the same. 10 gems is my ultimate goal, and then I will stop caring about those little green things!
Original post by Airmed

I was the same. 10 gems is my ultimate goal, and then I will stop caring about those little green things!

I said this at 10. I was wrong. :nothing:
Reply 46
Original post by iEthan
I said this at 10. I was wrong. :nothing:

I will never reach 11, we all know that!
Original post by Airmed
Yeah, I did Irish and French. :eek: What workload are you finding difficult?

I am! It's rather enjoyable - and it actually helped me get my first part time job this summer. :h:

:rofl:

I'm dying.

Oh wow!! Congrats for coping with that hahah :tongue:
Mostly History..I'm a fairly slow writer and I don't always manage to pack all the information you need for a question. Alongside that long course RS can make it all a bit tedious for me. Everything else seems alright though :redface:

Thats really good to hear! What job did you get over the summer? :smile:
How do you juggle your time between TSR and study/work?
Original post by getfunky!
Travis:five: miss those guys, along with red hot chili peppers

Both making/releasing new music rn
Reply 50
Original post by Dizgurl
Oh wow!! Congrats for coping with that hahah :tongue:
Mostly History..I'm a fairly slow writer and I don't always manage to pack all the information you need for a question. Alongside that long course RS can make it all a bit tedious for me. Everything else seems alright though :redface:

Thats really good to hear! What job did you get over the summer? :smile:

History! :moon: That's my thing. For history it is really just practising as much as possible. Timing yourself. It will come to you. As for RE, I was lucky and we had the exams over 2 years. I would focus on refreshing the 4th year stuff throughout the year so it doesn't seem so daunting come next exam season.

I work on my uni's Clearing Helpline, so dealing with course vacancies. :h: All thanks to my shiny red usertitle, methinks.
Original post by Captain Jack

With very little skill.

I'm in work right now, but the printer is doing its thing and I'm just waiting on it...*
Original post by Airmed
So many gifs, love the ones in the CT thread. :rofl:

I've gone a bit ham with the GIFs in the Golden thread about memes/gifs for Results Day :lol:

I didn't realise that your rep slowly goes down after 100 days of inactivity :frown:
Original post by Airmed
The internet tends to breed such behaviour, unfortunately.

If you're talking about the lovely MHoC, that's just how it is. :tongue:

Yeah, the HoC is a banter palace in real life as well - but you can expect decency.
Original post by minimarshmallow
With very little skill.

I'm in work right now, but the printer is doing its thing and I'm just waiting on it...*

lol! Awesome work mmm!
Reply 55

That's a thing? :eek:

Jk, jk.

TSR is woefully addictive, especially when you're writing a 3000 word min essay. :frown: But I think I am learning, I do tend to come online a bit more in the late afternoon/evenings, rather than the morning. (Today is an exception, don't have work until 1pm). I've also cut down doing the random scrolling and looking around if I have no notifications. I usually come on, check notifications, nosey for about 5 minutes, and then cancel the tab.
Reply 56
Original post by PugDevil
I've gone a bit ham with the GIFs in the Golden thread about memes/gifs for Results Day :lol:

I didn't realise that your rep slowly goes down after 100 days of inactivity :frown:

WHAT? That's a thing?!

Original post by Galaxie501
Yeah, the HoC is a banter palace in real life as well - but you can expect decency.

The internet wasn't built for decency, I believe.
lol! Awesome work mmm!

Sounds better than saying "I'm destroying the rainforests" #somuchpaper
Original post by Airmed

WHAT? That's a thing?!

The internet wasn't built for decency, I believe.

True, it also wasnt built for public use either.

Quite…. well…. Well, I think so anyway. :nothing:

I almost totally ignore it at college, just quickly glancing at my notifications or posting some stuff in my frees. At work I have it open in a separate tab and always use it through lunch. :lol:

Latest