The Student Room Group

French mayor bans burkinis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144

And with this ban, even tourists from other countries who are in France for a few weeks will not be able to visit beaches if they wear hijabs.

That's a blatant lie

You're getting hysterical now:biggrin:
Original post by BaconandSauce
Odd term and not one I'd use(but love how you use the term to deride people who have a historical connection to a country. Does this apply to all countries or just a few? so are Pakistanis who have always lived in Pakistanis also 'pure bloods'?

I'm not using it to deride you, just seemed the most appropriate and quickest way of saying it. I'm a lazy ****er. :wink:

do you mean they are not immigrants to this country then I don't know as it's their family history not mine.

You won't mind if your children ruin those 600 years of inbreeding?
Original post by dingleberry jam
I'm not using it to deride you, just seemed the most appropriate and quickest way of saying it. I'm a lazy ****er. :wink:

You won't mind if your children ruin those 600 years of inbreeding?

you could have choose other rather than a derogatory term but OK

No I won't and why should I but again the derogatory term?

I know you may be a lazy but your argument is as obvious as your choice of words

Why should people be ashamed of their heritage in the countries they were born in?
(edited 7 years ago)
You are telling the french how that should change their culture to support a new culture that is as backwards as the one the french got rid of a few centuries ago. This is very bigoted of you and shows a complete disregard for the people of that country its culture and its history

as I said bigoted and given you are not even French also xenophobic of you (and yes given I have already posted part of the definition of bigoted it seems you aren't even reading my posts properly)

and yes your immigrant status is very relevant as you are telling people from their own countries how to behave and not for their benefit but for the benefit of other immigrants

Again you seem to be playing the race card as you are losing this argument very poor form.

But as I said you could always clear up the confusion and tell us how many countries your family have tried before you came to this one. (but you won't of course as it would prove my point that you are not here for the benefit of this countries but you are here to benefit yourself only and once that benefit has been used you'll find somewhere else (but not of course 'back home') )

But yes I see nothing wrong with telling immigrants to as you say 'So it's a "shut up, know your place and be grateful", ' or go somewhere else:biggrin:

:lol: :lol: Tell that to the next person who criticises any of Saudi's laws. Don't like the fact that they don't let women drive? Why then, you must be a bigot! Have some regard for the people of that country and their culture and their history.

Definition of xenophobia according to the Oxford dictionary:
Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
Which /= criticising a specific law in a particular country. Apparently I'm the immigrant and you're the local (your opinion, not mine), yet I am better equipped in understanding the English language than you are.

When race applies, I will mention race. You were trying to silence me by calling me an immigrant and demanding that I "respect my hosts" on the basis of my race, so I will not ignore this fact.

My families living in other countries does not mean that they were not here first before they chose to live in the other countries before coming back here. Something that would have been obvious to you if I was White.

No, racists never have a problem with such phrases.
you could have choose other rather than a derogatory term but OK

No I won't and why should I?

I dunno, it seemed like a big thing to you.
Original post by Vividly clear
Impossible as a ton of laws and customs found in the Islamic Hadiths don't come from the god they worship, but from Arabian culture.

I suppose that everything comes from Arabic mentality, culture and traditions. Quran and Hadiths just formulated it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144

Definition of xenophobia according to the Oxford dictionary:
Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

Yes and it seems you dislike french people as you are expecting them to change to suit outsiders.

As I said you are as bigoted and xenophobic as those you claim to deride and you also are now coming across as little racist as I have made no mention of your race other than to tell you it is irrelevant to this argument when you first brought it up.

So how many countries? as you still haven't answered this (but I think it is 4)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dingleberry jam
I dunno, it seemed like a big thing to you.

My culture is a big thing to me. Is this wrong?
Original post by WBZ144
You were trying to silence me by calling me an immigrant and demanding that I "respect my hosts" on the basis of my race, so I will not ignore this fact.

On the status of you being an immigrant not because of your race (immigrants come in all colours, you racist you)

But again you are telling lies to try and win the argument
My culture is a big thing to me. Is this wrong?

No, whatever floats your boat. Just confused on the rules.
Yes and it seems you dislike french people as you are expecting them to change to suit outsiders.

As I said you are as bigoted and xenophobic as those you claim to deride and you also are now coming across as little racist as I have made no mention of your race other than to tell you it is irrelevant to this argument when you first brought it up.

Criticising a religion /= disliking its adherents.
Criticising a law from a particular country /= disliking the citizens of that country.

If you can't get that through your thick skull, you're a hopeless case.

Since you do not know my background or may parent's backgrounds (for the record: they are not immigrants) then it's obvious that you were making presumptions on the basis of my colour by assuming that I was an immigrant and that I should not have the same right to free speech as you do. You wouldn't need to outright state the obvious.

That's none of your business. I share details of my personal life to people who are relevant to me.
On the status of you being an immigrant not because of your race (immigrants come in all colours, you racist you)

But again you are telling lies to try and win the argument

Considering that you do not know my background, there was no other reason for you to presume that I was an immigrant other than my skintone, that is obvious.

Don't be a coward about your racial prejudices. At least have the guts to own it.

Criticising discriminatory laws disliking French people. Learn the difference; invest in a dictionary. She has stated numerous times how she would criticise similar laws in other countries, and she has repeatedly condemned Saudi Arabia for its treatment of women so she's entirely consistent. But in order for you to remain consistent, you must refrain from criticising the discriminatory laws of Saudi Arabia. Afterall, who are you to criticise their culture? Why should minority rights be protected if they conflict with the wishes of the majority?

Absolutely hysterical. Please take some lessons and improve your grasp of the English language before labelling people with words you don't understand. I know you're a proud little bigoted xenophobe, but that doesn't mean everyone else is as well :smile:

Who cares? Is she a second-class citizen who should have no say in the affairs of the country? Unfortunately for you, she has just as much of a right to criticise any laws she deems unjust, and there's nothing you can do about it :redface:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Criticising discriminatory laws disliking French people. Learn the difference; invest in a dictionary. She has stated numerous times how she would criticise similar laws in other countries, and she has repeatedly condemned Saudi Arabia for its treatment of women so she's entirely consistent. But in order for you to remain consistent, you must refrain from criticising the discriminatory laws of Saudi Arabia. Afterall, who are you to criticise their culture? Why should minority rights be protected if they conflict with the wishes of the majority?

Absolutely hysterical. Please take some lessons and improve your grasp of the English language before labelling people with words you don't understand. I know you're a proud little bigoted xenophobe, but that doesn't mean everyone else is as well :smile:

Who cares? Is she a second-class citizen who should have no say in the affairs of the country? Unfortunately for you, she has just as much of a right to criticise any laws she deems unjust, and there's nothing you can do about it :redface:

PRSOM, it was only a matter of time before this user fully exposed him/herself.
Original post by WBZ144

If you can't get that through your thick skull, you're a hopeless case.

ah i see you are now just getting angry

so much for a measured conversation about an issue

But yes I do know as you told me in a different thread and as you refuse to offer clarification I take is as I'm right and you are to embarrassed to admit this
Original post by WBZ144
Considering that you do not know my background, there was no other reason for you to presume that I was an immigrant other than my skintone, that is obvious.

Don't be a coward about your racial prejudices. At least have the guts to own it.

a sure sign of a lost argument
Is she a second-class citizen who should have no say in the affairs of the country? Unfortunately for you, she has just as much of a right to criticise any laws she deems unjust, and there's nothing you can do about it :redface:

If you are an immigrant to a country then yes (even more so if you are a refugee)

and she can be as bigoted as she likes towards other countries but she will be called out on it.
Reply 357

How do you know that the majority of Saudi Arabians agree with the current legislation of their country? Saudi Arabia is not a democracy, there is no freedom of the press, no political parties, etc. Citizens have no part in the making of the law.
ah i see you are now just getting angry

so much for a measured conversation about an issue

But yes I do know as you told me in a different thread and as you refuse to offer clarification I take is as I'm right and you are to embarrassed to admit this

I have nothing to prove to you, if I was "embarrassed" about anything, that would mean that I deemed you worthy of proving myself to.

It's not my fault that your command over the English language is limited. If someone cannot comprehend simple linguistics then it would certainly feel like talking to a brick wall.
Original post by AlexS101
So you believe your religion to be above the law?

European countries shouldn't have to cater to other cultures if it compromises their security.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest