The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What levels do you get you're first 3 lucky eggs at?

What is the maximum speed you can travel at with the Pokemon egg distance still being counted?
It works occasionally on the bus for me.

I believe it is about 20 miles an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
I'm saving up (slowly- I don't have the time to place/take over more than one gym a day so my coins are creeping up slowly) for a bag upgrade and then I think probably either a bunch of lures or incubator after that.

No the No1 thing is Lucky Eggs. (If you want to level up at least). Save a bunch of evolves / egg hatches then throw a lucky egg on, if you hatch 9 eggs in a row that's 9000xp plus 1000xp for each evolve (imagine having like 5 rattatas )
Original post by mahmzo
No the No1 thing is Lucky Eggs. (If you want to level up at least). Save a bunch of evolves / egg hatches then throw a lucky egg on, if you hatch 9 eggs in a row that's 9000xp plus 1000xp for each evolve (imagine having like 5 rattatas )

I've got 2 lucky eggs sat in my bag. No pressing need to buy more - but a larger bag or an incubator or lures would be useful to me.
Original post by PQ
I've got 2 lucky eggs sat in my bag. No pressing need to buy more - but a larger bag or an incubator or lures would be useful to me.

Wait until you get to 20+, you'll need as many lucky eggs as you can get. Because of how long the evolutions take, you can only really get around 40/50 evolutions per hour, so about 50k. If it takes 150k/200k per level (as it does at 24/25) then you'll need multiple lucky eggs per level.

I tend to spend nearly all of my coins on incubators though, personally.
Original post by tomtjl
Wait until you get to 20+, you'll need as many lucky eggs as you can get. Because of how long the evolutions take, you can only really get around 40/50 evolutions per hour, so about 50k. If it takes 150k/200k per level (as it does at 24/25) then you'll need multiple lucky eggs per level.

I tend to spend nearly all of my coins on incubators though, personally.

I'm level 21

I prefer getting xp for taking over gyms tbh. The lucky egg evolve thing is ok but I'm not overly fussed about racing to the highest level. I'd rather find more pokemon and have a bigger bag to keep supplies in.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
I'm level 21

Eh, still only 75k per level so you can do nearly the entire level with a single lucky egg. Personally wouldn't bother with a bag upgrade, don't really see the need for it.
Just got a vulpix and 21 candies from a 5k egg. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live right by a gym and this tiny bit of space between the white line and the pole of the gym means that the gym is considered too far away... 1471199574781.jpg

And most of the time even if the GPS makes me wander around a bit, it goes to the other side or stops just right there.
Reply 1288
I don't normally advocate this sort of thing but it's pretty cool. Download Bluestacks, it allows you to play the game on your PC!

It comes with a built in Fake GPS app as well (since it can't detect location) so you can pretty much hang out anywhere and catch any Pokemon you want. I recommend not jumping too far as it can get you banned (i.e. London to New York) but just anywhere within the city should be fine!

Here i am in New York. I caught Exeggecute(sp?), Tauros and Dodrio (the one in the screenshot) by this method. Never see these kinds of Pokemon in London lol

Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, am I the only one who's experienced a sharp decrease in the number of drowzees around?
Haven't caught one in around 4-5 days...

Come to Newcastle, they're everywhere. According to some tracker page it's the second most common Pokemon in the city after Pidgey.
Original post by UWS
I don't normally advocate this sort of thing but it's pretty cool. Download Bluestacks, it allows you to play the game on your PC!

It comes with a built in Fake GPS app as well (since it can't detect location) so you can pretty much hang out anywhere and catch any Pokemon you want. I recommend not jumping too far as it can get you banned (i.e. London to New York) but just anywhere within the city should be fine!

Here i am in New York. I caught Exeggecute(sp?), Tauros and Dodrio (the one in the screenshot) by this method. Never see these kinds of Pokemon in London lol

Niantic are banning accounts they think are cheating :s-smilie:
Reply 1291
Original post by PQ
Niantic are banning accounts they think are cheating :s-smilie:

I've only heard of soft bans so far. I did it just for a bit of fun tbh, it gets boring when you're doing it from home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just found this in my local(ish) area. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471259181.904157.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally hatched something other than Mr. Mime in my 10km eggs :lol: would have to be a scary one though :wink:

1471260300163.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS

I freely jumped between London and NY. The trick is not to do so instantaneously because that's how they catch you out; you need to give it like 30 mins of not playing the game at all before switching locations and THEN entering the game. For all they know it, you just had a fast trip to NY while the account was not being used within their servers, nothing wrong there. :smile:

Also jumping small distances while using a GPS can easily get you soft banned, I've tested this, best to just walk/run to then nearby place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1295
Original post by RDKGames
I freely jumped between London and NY. The trick is not to do so instantaneously because that's how they catch you out; you need to give it like 30 mins of not playing the game at all before switching locations and THEN entering the game. For all they know it, you just had a fast trip to NY while the account was not being used within their servers, nothing wrong there. :smile:

Also jumping small distances while using a GPS can easily get you soft banned, I've tested this, best to just walk/run to then nearby place.

I got soft banned for teleporting from Canada to Australia lol

But when I jumped short distances nothing happened. I pretty much went all over NY with no issues
Original post by UWS
I got soft banned for teleporting from Canada to Australia lol

But when I jumped short distances nothing happened. I pretty much went all over NY with no issues

Hmmm, yeah the short distance teleporting is more of a hit-or-miss situation. Most of the time I got soft-banned and rarely did nothing happen. Depends on the distance I suppose.
So how often do people use their items? I'm level 18 now and in that time I've obtained 3x lucky eggs, 3x lure modules and 6x incense

So far I've used 2x incense (which don't seem to be great?) and 1x lucky egg (managed to get about 50k xp by using with mass evolutions).

Considering I'll get a ton of items at level 20 (2x lucky eggs, 2x lure modules, 2x incense and 2x incubators), should I be using up more items now?
Original post by Zerforax
So how often do people use their items? I'm level 18 now and in that time I've obtained 3x lucky eggs, 3x lure modules and 6x incense

So far I've used 2x incense (which don't seem to be great?) and 1x lucky egg (managed to get about 50k xp by using with mass evolutions).

Considering I'll get a ton of items at level 20 (2x lucky eggs, 2x lure modules, 2x incense and 2x incubators), should I be using up more items now?

People recommend waiting until you're level 20 before using lucky eggs.
Point is that is when level difference start to intensify (around 50k exp per level), I am JUST about to turn level 20 (only 750 exp off) and the levels before hand haven't been that intensive to warrant me using a lucky egg. Incense through has its uses for me because I've noticed towards the end of my village, squirtles seem to like my incense. =l

Going to use a lure module soon, am currently sitting in McDonalds charging my phone before I activate it near the lake in Windsor. Hoping for Magikarp or dratini.
Wouldn't mind some poliwirls though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
People recommend waiting until you're level 20 before using lucky eggs.
Point is that is when level difference start to intensify (around 50k exp per level), I am JUST about to turn level 20 (only 750 exp off) and the levels before hand haven't been that intensive to warrant me using a lucky egg. Incense through has its uses for me because I've noticed towards the end of my village, squirtles seem to like my incense. =l

Going to use a lure module soon, am currently sitting in McDonalds charging my phone before I activate it near the lake in Windsor. Hoping for Magikarp or dratini.
Wouldn't mind some poliwirls though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes no sense to wait using lucky eggs so long as you've got 40-60 evolutions you can do. You'll get the same amount of XP. I won't rush to use but won't hold onto them for ages if I can already maximise the benefits.

Yea I might start using my lure modules and incense since I'm struggling to see a benefit in waiting for later levels?

Quick Reply

Latest