The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do any boutique firms do SWs?
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Do any boutique firms do SWs?

All the firms that do formal programmes have been listed out earlier in the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the eligibility of the spring week program.
I am going to start my MSc in Finance in September and it is a two year program and therefore I will graduate probably between June and September of 2018.
Now I am finishing my Bachelor and was wondering if I am eligible for the spring week if I decide to study for another program for another year. Does this make me eligible?
If I do not take the further year I will be rejected by the program without being considered?

Thank you a lot.
Reply 303
Original post by OmegaHAlpha
Hi everyone!

I am going to start my MSc in Finance in September and it is a two year program and therefore I will graduate probably between June and September of 2018.
Now I am finishing my Bachelor and was wondering if I am eligible for the spring week if I decide to study for another program for another year. Does this make me eligible?
If I do not take the further year I will be rejected by the program without being considered?

Thank you a lot.

Doubt it.
Original post by OmegaHAlpha
Hi everyone!

Thank you a lot.

I'm not sure what your Q is, if you're graduating in 2019, you are eligible (at some banks at least, I know for sure BAML/GS allow it), then you can apply to spring weeks. If you're graduating in 2018, you apply to summers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 305
Yes but because I'm a second year on a 4 year course. Definitely wait.
Applied to 3 firms

Oh so you applied for Spring weeks? If so, are you also applying for 2017 summer internships?
Original post by Rkai01
Oh so you applied for Spring weeks? If so, are you also applying for 2017 summer internships?

He's not eligible for them. That would be next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rkai01

Only GS
Reply 308
Only GS

So what did you apply for last year then if any?
Original post by Rkai01
So what did you apply for last year then if any?

I applied to a few but in early Jan so most gave me automatic rejections. Got into Deloitte
Reply 310
I applied to a few but in early Jan so most gave me automatic rejections. Got into Deloitte

But then you're basically applying for first year courses two years in a row?
Not sure if fitting with IB, but does anyone know if Accenture offers a Spring Insight programme as well? I read reviews of their First Year Boot Camp but found no mention of it on their websites, so far only seen summer internship openings
Would you guys recommend me putting same amount of effort into all applications for FO, or more amount to BB's ? I'm thinking of applying to mostly FO IBD, and a couple of Tech (BO) too. I'll also be appyling for Big 4 aswell as consulting firms, though these are last on my list for completion.

I won't be back in england till mid September, and so don't think I'' send off my applications till early-mid October? Would that be OK?
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Would you guys recommend me putting same amount of effort into all applications for FO, or more amount to BB's ? I'm thinking of applying to mostly FO IBD, and a couple of Tech (BO) too. I'll also be appyling for Big 4 aswell as consulting firms, though these are last on my list for completion.

I won't be back in england till mid September, and so don't think I'' send off my applications till early-mid October? Would that be OK?

Make sure you're happy before you send off your CV. I've applied to several firms already and a few days ago decided to change the whole format of my CV - I have gained some work experience and a couple of good finance-related roles which I wish I had included before.
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod

"Anything lower than perfection is worthless"
Hey, does anyone know whether it's still only GS, CS and JP Morgan which are open at the moment? Thanks :smile:
Where the Credit Suisse application asks for how many UCAS points you achieved in your first sitting, does this mean your top 3 A Levels or can you include all your A-Levels and any ASs? Thanks
Original post by Princepieman
Ahh, well, you can't really apply to both summer and spring. So may as well focus just on summer.

Unless of course, you want to explore other jobs like consulting, asset management or financial software. Strategy&, Deloitte, McKinsey, EY, BlackRock, M&G, Bloomberg etc run programs in and around spring. McK actually runs a program specifically for STEM students called Horizons.

I'm currently on a placement year finishing in July 2017, would a summer internship be out out of the question since they start in June and finish in December (I'd have returned to uni by then).

Are second year placements students considered for spring weeks because I always assumed they were aimed at first years?

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786

hamzaahmad786 luton
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by economicss
Where the Credit Suisse application asks for how many UCAS points you achieved in your first sitting, does this mean your top 3 A Levels or can you include all your A-Levels and any ASs? Thanks

Well, how should I answer that if I'm not british and did the Italiam Diploma? Did you have to state your nationality for that to be asked to you?
(edited 7 years ago)
JPM Markets interview. Currently on internship in Ops with them 1 year early (not penultimate yr) and taking gap year from uni next year (so graduation 2019).
From non-target. Not studying Econ/Fin/Maths/Eng.

Latest

Trending

Trending