The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dizgurl
The countdown is going to turn into single digits from today :eek:

When it hits 1 digit, we'll realise how close it actually is D: Wait until the night before, the thread will be packed with people panicking saying "It's 1 day!"
Haha can't wait to grab my results and go straight to reading festival to get ****ed :biggrin:
I think "Oh my god they're so close now!" and realise there's still 10 days and then I wanna cry from impatience
Are people gonna go to school with their parents to pick up results?
I think I got:

English Lang B
English lit B
Maths B
Additionally science B
Geography B
BTEC sport MERIT
Engineering C
Computer science C
Core science B

Predicted grades:

English Lang B
English lit B
Maths C
Additional science B
Geography A*
BTEC sport MERIT
Engineering A
Computer science C
Core science B

Actual grades:

English Lang ??
English lit ??
Maths ??
Additional science ??
Geography ??
BTEC sport ??
Engineering ??
Computer science ??
Core science
Original post by Do it Right

I'm not as I don't want the pressure 😬😂
I think I'm going to open the envelope and cover the sheet of paper with my grades up (with another sheet of paper) and slowly pull the cover away to reveal each grade. I'm doing this so I don't get overwhelmed with all the different letters on the sheet.

But then again, the anticipation on the day may be so high that I'll iust rip open the envelope to see all my grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
When it hits 1 digit, we'll realise how close it actually is D: Wait until the night before, the thread will be packed with people panicking saying "It's 1 day!"

I know D: Last year it was crammed with nervous and anxious people including me :redface: Like its next week!! Ahh
Original post by TheAnon121
I think I'm going to open the envelope and cover the sheet of paper with my grades up (with another sheet of paper) and slowly pull the cover away to reveal each grade. I'm doing this so I don't get overwhelmed with all the different letters on the sheet.

But then again, the anticipation on the day may be so high that I'll iust rip open the envelope to see all my grades!

May I steal that idea? It's brilliant!

Original post by Dizgurl
I know D: Last year it was crammed with nervous and anxious people including me :redface: Like its next week!! Ahh

I'm screeching at the thought! Sitting in the garden helps a lot for me, though

Original post by Do it Right

Dad's at work and Mum has an illness, but I know she's going to force my brother or sister to come so I'm probably gonna sneak out and get them, they'll be like "It's fine, it's fine" but I'd need some alone time!
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
May I steal that idea? It's brilliant

Feel free :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAnon121

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I steal that idea? It's brilliant!

Can I also use that method?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I must be the only one that can't wait for the GB, hopefully they'll put my mind at ease aha
Original post by sahil19
I must be the only one that can't wait for the GB, hopefully they'll put my mind at ease aha

I'm excited

:excited::excited::excited:
Hey guys. Got my CIE IGCSE results today and I think that before results come out you should check GBs. Put my heart at rest but didn't do much as I am a complete adrenaline junkie. Might do something for some of you.
Original post by Enigmatically
Hey guys. Got my CIE IGCSE results today and I think that before results come out you should check GBs. Put my heart at rest but didn't do much as I am a complete adrenaline junkie. Might do something for some of you.

Did it just reasure you that you got the grades you wanted? I want to but I'm scared it'll freak me out more haha
Original post by sahil19

I'm more excited for GB day than results day! Is it weird that I've predicted all the grade boundaries for the exams I sat? Curious to see whether I've predicted correctly Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
It didn't really reassure me that much but it make me less anxious and more confident. Considering I didn't do half bad. But I did get what I wanted. By God's Grace of course.

Btw, some of you that are having nightmares should really check yourselves. Don't let them scare you.
Original post by Enigmatically
It didn't really reassure me that much but it make me less anxious and more confident. Considering I didn't do half bad. But I did get what I wanted. By God's Grace of course.

Btw, some of you that are having nightmares should really check yourselves. Don't let them scare you.

What did you end up getting? If you don't mind me asking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got straight A*s.
ICT 0417 - A* (90%)
FL English 0500 - A* (90%)
Biology 0610 - A* (95%)
French 0520 - A* (95%)
Physics 0625 - A* (96%)
Mathematics Without Coursework 0580 - A* (96%)
Additional Mathematics 0606 - A* (96%)
Chemistry 0620 - A* (98%)
(edited 7 years ago)
For gcses I would be happy with 4 A*s for subjects at a level. The rest As or Bs. Didnt know grade boundaries were released a day before??

Latest