The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChemGeek16
So who are the dudes with the green names then? Leprechauns?

No :lol: they're not leprechauns. (@PugDevil is a pug though… :eek:) They work for the TSR Group, that means they're not always around on the forum and do a lot of stuff in the background. There's marketing, office management, finance, AdOps, Dev, Tech, design, quality assurance… (and more!) all that lovely stuff. :biggrin:
Original post by iEthan
No :lol: they're not leprechauns. (@PugDevil is a pug though… :eek:) They work for the TSR Group, that means they're not always around on the forum and do a lot of stuff in the background. There's marketing, office management, finance, AdOps, Dev, Tech, design, quality assurance… (and more!) all that lovely stuff. :biggrin:

*Hears my name being mentioned*

Original post by PugDevil
*Hears my name being mentioned*

Best GIF ever. :lol:
Original post by iEthan
Best GIF ever. :lol:

Original post by iEthan

Disappointing. So, so disappointing :sad:
Original post by ChemGeek16
Disappointing. So, so disappointing :sad:

Maybe next time, eh? :console:
@Fran, are you a fan of the Dubliners? :holmes:

Spoiler

@Carnationlilyrose, if you had to pick one: Shakespeare or Chaucer?
(edited 7 years ago)

Umm... I'm not really into music... Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have any. :frown:

Oh man, that's always a weirdly difficult question :lol:

Current favourites:
1. Comes and Goes (In Waves) - Greg Laswell
2. Hold My Hand - Jess Glynne
3. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Original post by Hydeman
@Fran, are you a fan of the Dubliners? :holmes:

Spoiler

@Carnationlilyrose, if you had to pick one: Shakespeare or Chaucer?

Chaucer is coarser. It depends on the purpose, really. Shakespeare has much more breadth and depth, but Chaucer was a fascinating chap and we know quite a lot about him, unlike Shakespeare. Probably Shakespeare, though. There's something for everyone.
Original post by Snufkin
@Carnationlilyrose If you were a guest on Desert Island Discs, what songs/music would you pick to be castaway with and why?

:zomg: Nice photos (Hylean :love:).... but the underwear thread was better. :hubba:

Um, I'm afraid I'm one of those few people who don't have any interest in music, and I'd enjoy the silence of the island. I'd take my husband with me. 32nd wedding anniversary today, and still the person I most want to spend time with.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Um, I'm afraid I'm one of those few people who don't have any interest in music, and I'd enjoy the silence of the island. I'd take my husband with me. 32nd wedding anniversary today, and still the person I most want to spend time with.

Congratulations! :h:

Do you ever miss your students?
Original post by Snufkin
Congratulations! :h:

Do you ever miss your students?

Thank you.:smile:

I miss them in the sense that we had a lot of good times, the nice ones and me, but there is plenty more life out there after work, so I don't miss the job. There will always be some who were special and who I will always remember.
Original post by claireestelle
Oh I did my a levels over 3 years ago (it's nice that you think I m younger:tongue:) and they did not great, the lesson there is don't take 3 science a levels unless you have too :tongue:

Oh haha oops :tongue:
I din't think I'll take 3 science a levels...it seems like a lot of work :s-smilie::redface:
Original post by Captain Jack
How do you juggle your time between TSR and study/work?

I no longer have to. #perksofbeingancient
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I no longer have to. #perksofbeingancient

This is a big perk :yes:
Original post by Captain Jack
This is a big perk :yes:

You are not wrong, young one.
Original post by ByronicHero
Will you dance for me?

Daddy or chips?

Solon or Seneca (TY)?

Liu Bei or Cao Cao?

Favourite serial killer?

Who is this (no Google)?

Reading through this thread in order, so don't know if anyone has answered yet, but that's WH Auden, the one with the face like a wedding cake that's been left out in the rain.

Other answers:
No. I dance for no one.
Daddy
Seneca
Liu Bei
I prefer the one-off, sniper style of murderer, with a particular preference for Victorian female murderesses. I'm quite keen on Madeleine Smith
What's the most difficult situation you have ever encountered? How did you resolve it?
Knob for a nose or nose for a knob?

Favourite thing to write with?

If I were to ask your friends - how would they describe you?

Tell me about something you've done that you're most proud of?

Latest