The Student Room Group

UKCAT Score

Hi! I've read a lot of contrasting threads so I'm unsure if my score is actually any good..
I got:
VR: 640
QR: 650
AR: 620
SJ: Band 1

Any help on whether this may be good enough? 😫

I'm applying for GEM, for reference.
Your average is 637, which is just under the UK average I believe.

For graduate entry medicine, most applicants will have much higher scores unfortunately.
Below average and not a very competitive score. Don't apply to UKCAT heavy unis
It's not horrible, but especially for GEM it's not good either. You should rule out any UKCAT heavy unis and consider the ones that either use other admissions tests or don't care about it that much. This does limit your choices, but thankfully there are many options out there so it's not the end of the world. Good luck! :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Canongon
Hi! I've read a lot of contrasting threads so I'm unsure if my score is actually any good..
I got:

this unfortunately too low for UKCAT schools,I suggest looking into the gamsat and/or apply to schools that don't use them.
I got:

As mentioned above, if you're worried your score isn't as strong as other GEM applicants, consider doing the BMAT and GAMSAT tests.

You can see a list of unis that use each kind of entrance test here.

Good luck!

The Medic Portal
Reply 6
Original post by StationToStation
It's not horrible, but especially for GEM it's not good either. You should rule out any UKCAT heavy unis and consider the ones that either use other admissions tests or don't care about it that much. This does limit your choices, but thankfully there are many options out there so it's not the end of the world. Good luck! :h:

^ this
Reply 7
I got:

Your scores would be alright if you were doing undergraduate entry, but because it's GEM you're in a tough spot. My advice to you is to either sit the GAMSAT and/or BMAT and see what happens. That'll give you access to apply to other unis like:

GAMSAT: St George's (4 years), Nottingham (4 years), Swansea (4 years), Liverpool (4 years)

BMAT: UCL (5 years, no GEP), Oxford (4 years), not sure about Imperial

NB BMAT is in November but GAMSAT is on 14th September plus you need to register for each one and pay a quite a bit of money

If I were you I would apply to one or two BMAT unis (because BMAT can be prepared for more so than UKCAT imo) and go for the unis that place less weight on the UKCAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending