The Student Room Group

Bleached hair looks like a yellow mess - help!

Scroll to see replies

Your hair doesn't look bad at all :smile: The only thing I would suggest is putting purple shampoo on the blonde bits of your hair and leaving it for a few minutes. This will help to reduce the brassy tones.
Reply 21
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Does it really look that bad? >_> Or am I just completely clueless.

You're not alone. I think it looks good.

Girls... :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Original post by Amefish
Your hair doesn't look bad at all :smile: The only thing I would suggest is putting purple shampoo on the blonde bits of your hair and leaving it for a few minutes. This will help to reduce the brassy tones.

Thanks - It looks muddy and patchy though, it's hard to capture the colour on photos. I think part of the problem is that she went too far up with the bleach. Like it doesn't look like a gradual brown to blonde.
But yeah I do need to get some purple shampoo!

Photo 15-08-2016, 16 25 55.jpg
Reply 23
Original post by Josb
You're not alone. I think it looks good.

Girls... :rolleyes:

Aha guys are so easy when it comes to hair!
Original post by corax
Thanks - It looks muddy and patchy though, it's hard to capture the colour on photos. I think part of the problem is that she went too far up with the bleach. Like it doesn't look like a gradual brown to blonde.
But yeah I do need to get some purple shampoo!

Honestly it looks great :smile: if you're really unhappy you should definitely consult another hairdresser though
Heyy, I think your hair looks quite nice in the photos, but I know it is disappointing when you go to the hairdressers to get a certain look and they tell you they understand what you mean but it is clear they didn't when you get the result - it happened to me :frown: .

I'd suggest using a shampoo and conditioner designed to keep blond hair vibrant (those purple ones). But I think you are supposed to alternate with those ones so alternate with shampoo and conditioner designed for coloured hair or something.

Because you have gone lighter keep your hair in good condition by using a deep conditioner once a week (either buy one or make your own).

You could also maybe use a leave in conditioner on the latter half and ends of your hair to keep them in good condition. This helps protect your colour and hair meaning when you get it dyed again the colour will come out better (by the way, I use REDKEN extreme anti-snap it is really good and for me it works best if I apply it morning and night since that hairdresser dried out my hair with bleach).

You probably don't want to be dying it again for 6 weeks as your hair will be damaged because of the bleach.
Reply 26
Original post by Rossagle
Heyy, I think your hair looks quite nice in the photos, but I know it is disappointing when you go to the hairdressers to get a certain look and they tell you they understand what you mean but it is clear they didn't when you get the result - it happened to me :frown: .

I'd suggest using a shampoo and conditioner designed to keep blond hair vibrant (those purple ones). But I think you are supposed to alternate with those ones so alternate with shampoo and conditioner designed for coloured hair or something.

Because you have gone lighter keep your hair in good condition by using a deep conditioner once a week (either buy one or make your own).

You could also maybe use a leave in conditioner on the latter half and ends of your hair to keep them in good condition. This helps protect your colour and hair meaning when you get it dyed again the colour will come out better (by the way, I use REDKEN extreme anti-snap it is really good and for me it works best if I apply it morning and night since that hairdresser dried out my hair with bleach).

You probably don't want to be dying it again for 6 weeks as your hair will be damaged because of the bleach.

I bought one for coloured hair yesterday, but yeah I need to get a purple one.

Yeah it doesn't look that bad in the pictures but compared to the pictures I showed her, it looks nothing like it which is the most infuriating thing.

Photo 11-08-2016, 14 20 13.jpg
Original post by corax
I bought one for coloured hair yesterday, but yeah I need to get a purple one.

Yeah it doesn't look that bad in the pictures but compared to the pictures I showed her, it looks nothing like it which is the most infuriating thing.

Photo 11-08-2016, 14 20 13.jpg

Ahh yeah, I do know what you mean. It could be so much worse. Mine literally was not blended at all, it was my natural colour - a very light brown/very dark blond - to literally a kind of golden/yellow bleach look colour, which I've had since September! I wasn't impressed but I am going to my preferred salon on Wednesday and I actually want that look you show in those pictures so I really hope they can give me that and fix it. That is like 11 months later for me but I paid so much money the first time and tbh I only spent the entire year in the library (final year) so just left it to grow out a bit.
Try using some purple shampoo that should get rid of the yellow out of your hair and make more blonde or even a bit silver

Quick Reply

Latest