Original post by physicsmaths
Holy ****.
Ahahahahahaha
Savage.
So so savage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

at least I am not on my 5th gap year

Spoiler

>when you doing Sylvester matrix and you think new matrix movie is coming out starring Sylvester Stallone.
Original post by Insight314
I know you are joking but I didn't revise until I was like 13/14. Bulgarian education made me hate maths, and my language skills were so bad that I just failed all other subjects. Not surprised since I was like 5 years behind on my peers' language skills e.g confusing between 'tomorrow' and 'yesterday', forgetting words.

We were in opposite situations in terms of language skills but I legitimately didn't even like maths until near the end of year 12. Did you ever get checked or did it just resolve itself eventually?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 16Characters....
I did! C1-4, FP1-2, S1, M1, D1, S2, DE, NM. You?

I did Maths last year, but Further Maths this year. What did you think of FP1, FP2, S2 and DE? I did all those as well as S3 and M2. What do you think about these boundaries for full ums :
DE: 72FP1: 70
FP2: 69/70?
S2: 72
Original post by drandy76
We were in opposite situations in terms of language skills but I legitimately didn't even like maths until near the end of year 12. Did you ever get checked or did it just resolve itself eventually?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My aunt works as a software engineer, so I got interested in computer programming at an early age (C++ like 9/10 can't remember). When I connected programming with maths is when I started to get more interested in mathematics, and then later on theoretical physics (like 13 I guess).

As for my language skills, I have always been pretty bad in my first language (Bulgarian) since I only started speaking it when I was 5/6. However, while I was still in Bulgaria (until age 12, 2012), I got pretty good in English (partially due to playing lots of WoW, League and CS, and also Khan Academy videos + TV series) and I am now sufficiently fluent at it; unfortunately, I have become even worse in Bulgarian and it is currently very difficult for me to have an intelligent conversation with someone in that language. The only problem I still find with English is in explaining/debating, and one of my goals in life is to combat this issue and improve my eloquence. I guess I sometimes also forget words, but it doesn't happen as frequently as it used to.
I must be autistic because I couldn't put 2 words together at the age of 5.

Good your son has found his passion and ambition in life. :smile:

Also, don't make him do maths unless he wants to. If he loves art design, then so be it!

You can't force him to do anything. I tend to keep quiet and allow him to relax and rediscover things for himself. It worked for art, maybe it will work for maths too.
Original post by Crazysue1
You can't force him to do anything. I tend to keep quiet and allow him to relax and rediscover things for himself. It worked for art, maybe it will work for maths too.

That's very good. My parents did the same to me. Forcing children into a specific path in life is awful.
My aunt works as a software engineer, so I got interested in computer programming at an early age (C++ like 9/10 can't remember). When I connected programming with maths is when I started to get more interested in mathematics, and then later on theoretical physics (like 13 I guess).

As for my language skills, I have always been pretty bad in my first language (Bulgarian) since I only started speaking it when I was 5/6. However, while I was still in Bulgaria (until age 12, 2012), I got pretty good in English (partially due to playing lots of WoW, League and CS, and also Khan Academy videos + TV series) and I am now sufficiently fluent at it; unfortunately, I have become even worse in Bulgarian and it is currently very difficult for me to have an intelligent conversation with someone in that language. The only problem I still find with English is in explaining/debating, and one of my goals in life is to combat this issue and improve my eloquence. I guess I sometimes also forget words, but it doesn't happen as frequently as it used to.

Actually considering SE as a future career, depending on how I take to programming.
Yeah that should just come along naturally as you speak/ read more and more so being at uni should help towards that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by notanooblol
I did Maths last year, but Further Maths this year. What did you think of FP1, FP2, S2 and DE? I did all those as well as S3 and M2. What do you think about these boundaries for full ums :
DE: 72FP1: 70
FP2: 69/70?
S2: 72

I should have made it clearer, I only did C3-4, FP2, D1, NM, DE this year.

For DE and FP2 though, they sound about right.

What was S2 like this year? Last year it was easy and ended up being 67 for 90UMS.
Original post by Crazysue1
It was high school which ruined his love of maths, he pretty much gave up in year 7

Sad to hear that. Why did he give it up? Was it going too slowly for him?
On results day in my friend's brother's year, track was overloaded and crashed so he couldn't log on. Does this happen frequently?
Original post by Platopus
On results day in my friend's brother's year, track was overloaded and crashed so he couldn't log on. Does this happen frequently?

Probably, between 7:30-8:30 they'll get a lot of traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably, between 7:30-8:30 they'll get a lot of traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god. If I can't get onto track, I have to wait until 11am ypto find out if I met my offer as that is when my school puts our results online.
Oh god. If I can't get onto track, I have to wait until 11am ypto find out if I met my offer as that is when my school puts our results online.

Can't you just go in? You should be able to check anyway unless you're unlucky I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't you just go in? You should be able to check anyway unless you're unlucky I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school is open from 7:30am but I can't go in. I don't want to see anyone.
My school is open from 7:30am but I can't go in. I don't want to see anyone.

My school only opens at 9 :////

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school only opens at 9 :////

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school says it opens uncommonly early because clearing opens on a first come, first served basis and they want to start helping people find courses asap. You probably go to a school where they don't expect to have many people in clearing!
My school says it opens uncommonly early because clearing opens on a first come, first served basis and they want to start helping people find courses asap. You probably go to a school where they don't expect to have many people in clearing!

Seems like good thinking tbf. Although a later time gives me some time to nap after the all nighter I probably pulled

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge have already got all our results right?

Weird having a STEP offer for Comp Sci, seeing my results sheet won't even tell me anything I'll have to check track afterwards to actually know if I got in xD

Hope everyone is still able to sleep at night :biggrin:
Original post by notanooblol
Did anyone else do OCR MEI further maths? If so, which modules did you take?

Yep, last year I did M1,FP1,M2 for Further Maths
This year I did S2, D2 and FP2

You?

Latest

Trending

Trending