The Student Room Group

Rothschild Family

What do you think of the Rothschild Family and what do you know about them?
Are they good people?
Do they have any authority, influence or control of UK politics?

Please let us know below.
Original post by Naveed-7
What do you think of the Rothschild Family and what do you know about them?Are they good people?Do they have any authority, influence or control of UK politics?Please let us know below.

In all seriousness, it is quite crazy how far back their family history goes... and how much money and power they held. I don't think they're as powerful as they used to be, but I'm not overly knowledgeable on the subject.
Nothing, they're just a wealthy family like the Gates or the Buffet families, it's only because they were Jewish (if you go way back) people get triggered
Reply 3
Original post by PugDevil

In all seriousness, it is quite crazy how far back their family history goes... and how much money and power they held. I don't think they're as powerful as they used to be, but I'm not overly knowledgeable on the subject.

Ok thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Nothing, they're just a wealthy family like the Gates or the Buffet families, it's only because they were Jewish (if you go way back) people get triggered

Ok thanks
The Rothschild Family is one of the wealthiest families on the planet, and is a name that frequently pops up in a multitude of conspiracy theories. The Rothschild Family as we know it is descended from Mayer Amschel Rothschild, who was born in what is now Frankfurt, Germany. The son of Jewish moneychanger and trader Amschel Moses Rothschild, Mayer Amschel Rothschild was the fourth of 8 children, and went on to establish a huge international banking empire.Through his 5 sons, Mayer Amschel Rothschild expanded his banking business, which was founded in the 1760s, to international areas and, as such, managed to bequeath his huge wealth, unlike many rich members of the Jewish community at the time. Mayer Amschel’s 5 sons were each stationed at one of the major European financial centres, one in Frankfurt, London, Naples, Vienna, and Paris.This passing on of Mayer Amschel’s wealth and business meant that his sons could continue to build on the foundations of their father’s success. In the 19th century the Rothschild Family were at the height of their powers, and were known all around the financial world. Their great fortune and ingenious business minds meant that they carried great power during this time. They utilised this power by affecting some very significant events in human history in order to profit greatly from it. This included backing the British forces with huge sums of money during the Napoleonic Wars (more on that later) and funding Brazil’s claim for independence from Portugal.Nowadays, the Rothschild Family keep a very low public profile, which has led to many conspiracy theorists to believe that they basically control the world from behind the scenes. Indeed, despite being less prevalent than they were 200 years ago, the Rothschild Family still have business operations in a number of sectors, including finance, energy, charity, mining, winemaking, and farming.
Asked me a while back and I would of put a tinfoil hat on and told you a heap of conspiracies... but I've changed my mind on this. I think they are just wealthy and (reasonably) influential people who are centered around a huge ethno-religious 'question' that has been facing groups of people throughout civilization.
My A levels have taught me nothing apart from the face that I need to marry someone as rich as the Rothschilds.
Original post by Naveed-7
What do you think of the Rothschild Family and what do you know about them?
Are they good people?
Do they have any authority, influence or control of UK politics?

Please let us know below.

Well I know that the Rothschilds are a Jewish family, with many sub branch families. They are heavily involved in banking, finance and investment. They have ties to every government, if not control over them. They are the most influential, wealthy and controlling family in the world. Many believe that they are after world domination. Many conspiracy theorists believe they control the entire planet and everything in it.
Original post by Kingslayer
Asked me a while back and I would of put a tinfoil hat on and told you a heap of conspiracies... but I've changed my mind on this. I think they are just wealthy and (reasonably) influential people who are centered around a huge ethno-religious 'question' that has been facing groups of people throughout civilization.

I think that's basically right. There is no question that they are influential and powerful, as the banking group they still own a big slice of is a major player. Their descendants have huge wealth and a wide variety of interests - many of them are artists, academics, things like that. The conspiracy theories about them being at the centre of some spiders web of 'Illuminati' manipulators is anti-semitic tosh. However, it is definitely true that they tried to influence political events in previous centuries to profit from them.
The Global Business community in general is as much culpable as 'the zionists'.
Original post by HouseOnAMonday
The Global Business community in general is as much culpable as 'the zionists'.

Evidence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending