The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Thursday around 8am

This is explained in the first post of this thread :smile:

Is if ever earlier than that?
Original post by Platopus
Until the university makes a decision, your offer will stay as "conditional". If your university accepts you, it will change to "unconditional". If you have not met your offer and your university has consequently rejected you, your offer will change to "unsuccessful".

Can they make decisions before thurs 8am?
Original post by I feel myself
Is if ever earlier than that?

Occasionally track goes live at 7:30am, but it will never be earlier than that on the 18th. Universities and UCAS are under an official embargo until then, so you won't hear anything until then
Original post by I feel myself
Can they make decisions before thurs 8am?

I looked at a few threads made on results day last year and people were posting about having been confirmed/rejected on track from around 7:30am onwards, although UCAS officially says we shouldn't hear anything until 8am at the earliest. So, it is possible unless things have changed this year.
I just received an email from my firm choice talking about the changes to the funding of courses which will come into play over the next few years and talking as though it will affect me individually, but explaining that it's what they have to do in order to give the best possible education. I was wondering if that's a good sign because they probably won't have sent that to the people that weren't successful? What do you guys think? Just trying to hang on to anything that may make Thursday look a little bit better! :P
Original post by Platopus
I looked at a few threads made on results day last year and people were posting about having been confirmed/rejected on track from around 7:30am onwards, although UCAS officially says we shouldn't hear anything until 8am at the earliest. So, it is possible unless things have changed this year.

I think the 7:30am thing's been going on for quite a few years now-I started uni 4 years ago and found out I'd been accepted via track at 7:40am :smile:
Original post by super_kawaii
I think the 7:30am thing's been going on for quite a few years now-I started uni 4 years ago and found out I'd been accepted via track at 7:40am :smile:

Thank you. Did track crash on your results day? It did for my brother's friend (due to being overloaded) and he was unable to log on. I'm worried this might happen again.
Original post by Hamzy45
Anyone Firmed or Insured UCL? If yeah what course :smile:

Law. :smile: Are you feeling confident that you'll meet your offer (which course)?
Anyone firmed or (insured!) Bristol? Haven't seen too many as of yet! :h:
Original post by Aph
Where do you get 6 hours from?
2 days, 14 hours and 37 minutes until track updates :wink:

I'm doing it until the day itself
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Yeah, BUSS3 and 4. Found BUSS4 quite easy whereas BUSS3 definitely did throw a few curveballs, though the past paper I did beforehand where I kind of half-assed it I did get 60/80 which is above 90% UMS

Yeah, i though buss3 was definitely tricky in comparison to past papers, and buss 4 wasn't too bad but I think most people were expecting questions relating to either retrenchment or brexit so hopefully the grade boundaries for both papers will be low.
Has anyone else heard about UCAS saying that track won't update till 12?? My mum came home and said she read online that UCAS weren't going to do the usual updates instead they where going to do like a batch update at 12.
I actually managed to finish one piece of work that I'm required to do over summer!! It took me ages to do, but now it's done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beckalouu
I just received an email from my firm choice talking about the changes to the funding of courses which will come into play over the next few years and talking as though it will affect me individually, but explaining that it's what they have to do in order to give the best possible education. I was wondering if that's a good sign because they probably won't have sent that to the people that weren't successful? What do you guys think? Just trying to hang on to anything that may make Thursday look a little bit better! :P

if you're talking about Exeter, I got that email too but it's my insurance.
I find it unfair that they're increasing the fees and it's saying that it will affect us as next year we'll be paying the increased fee too, up until we graduate.
what I don't understand is why aren't they increasing the maintenance loan in line with inflation too? or even the repay income?
Original post by Craig1998
Has anyone heard back from University of Manchester, specifically for maths.

Also, whats the earliest you can hear back from a university from?

im looking to do maths too at UoM, not heard anything yet but im quite nervous :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5035
Original post by target21859
I'm doing it until the day itself

ahhh. I'm not concerned about the day but when we know.
Reply 5036
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
Has anyone else heard about UCAS saying that track won't update till 12?? My mum came home and said she read online that UCAS weren't going to do the usual updates instead they where going to do like a batch update at 12.

Surely a joke!!! I don't believe that for a minute.
Original post by AlohaCharlotte

See the first post on this thread.

Track will update at 8am ish and then won't update again until midday ish to minimise pressure on the systems.
Original post by PQ
See the first post on this thread.

Track will update at 8am ish and then won't update again until midday ish to minimise pressure on the systems.

Okay thank you for the clarification :colondollar: sorry hahaha
Original post by MessyEffy
if you're talking about Exeter, I got that email too but it's my insurance.
I find it unfair that they're increasing the fees and it's saying that it will affect us as next year we'll be paying the increased fee too, up until we graduate.
what I don't understand is why aren't they increasing the maintenance loan in line with inflation too? or even the repay income?

Ah okay, yeah it was Exeter :/ damn I thought it would've been an error, there's me looking into it too deeply.
Yeah it's really not right, I totally agree. I don't know how the government expects us to pay for university when students struggle enough as it is and they keep making it even harder. Then they wonder why less and less people are going to uni every year, it's pathetic. No wonder more people are dropping out and developing mental health problems, what the government are doing to our society these days is unbelievable.

Quick Reply

Latest