The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

How good is Warwick for Law?

How good is Warwick for Law? How are the graduate prospects? Is it respected? How does it compare to universities like Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham, KCL, etc?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abstract_Prism
How good is Warwick for Law? How are the graduate prospects? Is it respected? How does it compare to universities like Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham, KCL, etc?

I don't know much about this but i believe the general consensus is that its respected to a certain respect(not as much as the maths or economics courses at Warwick) and compares well against Manchester but not as well the other universities you've mentioned. Check forums like these for much better information than what I've offered.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3543651
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=88536
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3295611
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
It's not one of their stronger subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prospects are great, looking at my LinkedIn a lot of people landed magic circle/US/silver circle TCs and a fair amount have landed pupillage places at great chambers. But as you know already, prospects are largely down to you once you get to this tier of uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Consign the above. Based on LinkedIn searches, if you do well you're as well as off as at any top university. Those with firsts have done very well for themselves, with jobs in Government and Magic Circle firms, if that's your thing.

See you in October :smile:
Extremely strong. If you search up law target firms, Warwick comes up in the top 10 every time. The lawyers have, many times during a week, opportunities to talk to the leading law firms such as Clifford Chance, Allen and Overy, etc etc. On top, most of the graduates leave with a training contract offer. They are a magic circle target uni. It is very competitive at Warwick too, the lawyers are all in within seconds reach of getting another work experience opportunity and many of them bank Vac Schemes. Good luck!
They are quite competitive in law. Most of the lawyers I know are on job ready for their next work experience. They're a magic circle target uni too. :smile:

Warwick is a good university but nowhere near as good as KCL, Bristol and Nottingham (for law)
Nonetheless, it's a great university and provided you work hard in your undergrad you will get a job - the uni name wouldn't matter that much.
Still a toss up between Manchester and Warwick for Law. There isn't room for both in my choices unfortunately. :frown:

I'm attracted to Warwick's IB opportunities because I'd quite like to get into IB if I could, but I also really like the idea of being in a big city, and Manchester uni looks really pretty. Plus it seems to have a marginally better rep for Law.
Still a toss up between Manchester and Warwick for Law. There isn't room for both in my choices unfortunately. :frown:

I'm attracted to Warwick's IB opportunities because I'd quite like to get into IB if I could, but I also really like the idea of being in a big city, and Manchester uni looks really pretty. Plus it seems to have a marginally better rep for Law.

Marginally better? Warwick law is in the top 10 target list for all magic circle firms. That's just for the solicitor's sector, in terms of chambers, have you seen that Warwick has far more barristers out there?
Original post by AmyAlbertsLamb
Marginally better? Warwick law is in the top 10 target list for all magic circle firms. That's just for the solicitor's sector, in terms of chambers, have you seen that Warwick has far more barristers out there?

Now I'm even more conflicted!

So Warwick is the better choice for employment prospects, both for Law and IB.

But I'd rather be in a big city than in the middle of nowhere... :s-smilie:
Warwick is a great uni, and for law a better shout than Manchester.

However, Manchester is by far too good enough to land you a TC at a great firm if you apply yourself properly.

Chose where you think you'll be happier. When you're happy you'll properly engage yourself in student life, and this can only be a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest