The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone going to start De Montfort University in September 2016?

Hiiii so I'll be starting De Montfort University in September, and I'll be studying Education Studies.
I thought it'd be great to get talking with a few people on here because I'm feeling super nervous about not knowing anyone, and I know I'm not the only one. I checked on Facebook for a group but they're all closed so... Is anyone else studying Education Studies next year? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoseXPurple
Hiiii so I'll be starting De Montfort University in September, and I'll be studying Education Studies.
I thought it'd be great to get talking with a few people on here because I'm feeling super nervous about not knowing anyone, and I know I'm not the only one. I checked on Facebook for a group but they're all closed so... Is anyone else studying Education Studies next year? :smile:

Hey! I'm not studying educational studies (I'm studying criminology with criminal justice) but i'm in the exact same boat as you, I'm super nervous for starting uni in September! Are you going to be living in halls or commuting?:smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
-

Oooh that's great! I'll be living in halls in Bede Hall, you? :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello! This forum is a great place to start to find other people starting at DMU this year! :biggrin:

But if you are still feeling a bit worried about moving to uni we've got a scheme which pairs you with a like-minded student who has done it all before and is here to help you settle in to life at DMU - you can find out more here.

Otherwise, feel free to drop us a line! :smile:
Oooh that's great! I'll be living in halls in Bede Hall, you? :smile:

Ahh, im commuting as i dont live too far away! Still super nervous thou!
Reply 5
-

Ooh thats good! Where are you from? I live in the tiny town Wellingborough, so
Leicester will be the first ever city I'm going to live in ahhh lol :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Ooh thats good! Where are you from? I live in the tiny town Wellingborough, so
Leicester will be the first ever city I'm going to live in ahhh lol :smile:

Im from loughborough :smile: its like a 45 minute bus journey! Ive not been to leicester many times at all so im sure ill be getting lost a fair few times! Although ive seen theyre doing a ghost walk for one of the freshers events, think thatll be a good way to learn how to navigate my way around! xD
Hello! I'm studying educational studies and DMU in September too! I'm in a group chat with some others, if you like I can add you to the group chat on Facebook?? Xx
Reply 8
-

Awww that's the same with me! I've only been their a few times including open days lol! So its going to be like a massive change for us hahaha :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Kirstyharrold127
Hello! I'm studying educational studies and DMU in September too! I'm in a group chat with some others, if you like I can add you to the group chat on Facebook?? Xx

Hiiii yayy that'd be great thanks! :smile: Heres a link to my Facebook profile:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011633054886

Hi! same boat here, i'm coming up from Kent so i'll defo need some people to know for when i move up in September. I'm studying Music Technology and will be moving into Bede Hall :smile:
Reply 11
Hey starting uni this year coming up from kent. Snapchat is h.kasey add if you please and i'll add back

Hi I am doing education studies also looking forward to start at DMU i live in Kettering small world !
Original post by James19xx
Hi I am doing education studies also looking forward to start at DMU i live in Kettering small world !

Wow you live close to where I live! I'm in Wellingborough, so are you commuting or staying in accomodation? I'll be staying in Bede Hall :smile:
Original post by henzi
Hey starting uni this year coming up from kent. Snapchat is h.kasey add if you please and i'll add back

Hiiiii that's great, are you doing education studies or something else? Yeah I'll add you :smile:
Reply 15
Hiiiii that's great, are you doing education studies or something else? Yeah I'll add you :smile:

It's my first year at university studying computer science 😌
Original post by henzi
It's my first year at university studying computer science 😌

Ooh that sounds interesting and it'll be my first year too! I'm really excited for freshers week, any events you're interested in going to? :smile:
Hey , starting uni this year, studying law. I feel the same! Im so nervous about making new friends especiqlly during freshers :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alakhani98
Hey , starting uni this year, studying law. I feel the same! Im so nervous about making new friends especiqlly during freshers :smile:

Hiiii awww ikr! Exciting too but definitly scary haha, ooh are you gonna go to the Early 2 Uni night out? :smile:
Hiiii awww ikr! Exciting too but definitly scary haha, ooh are you gonna go to the Early 2 Uni night out? :smile:

Yeah thats one of the very first events right ? I think i am how bout you ?

Quick Reply

Latest