The Student Room Group

We're Section Leaders, ask us anything!

Section Leaders
Ask us anything!

Section Leaders are integral to making sure that things run smoothly on TSR. They're not only responsible for managing their sections but they keep an eye on their Support Team members and make sure they're always supported in their role.

We've got a number of Section Leaders participating in the AMA! They're listed below. :h: Ask them anything!

Disclaimer: We want everyone to be able to take part in this, but we cannot answer sensitive questions regarding moderation or members of the community specifically. The Community Team would be happy to discuss moderation with you in Ask the Community Team (AtCT). You can, however, ask about what we would do in certain situations, etc.! Please don't ask any mean questions either. :wink:

AMA participants:

Participants and bios

All you've got to do is pick someone to ask a question and write a post, getting their attention by tagging them in! If you don't have a question for anyone in particular, just post it without tagging anyone in. :parrot:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What's the most ridiculous thread you've seen on this section? Regardless whether it is old or new; link it if you can. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Pakistani stuff that you'll probably never have heard of.
Original post by RDKGames
What's the most ridiculous thread you've seen, or is still alive, on this section?

Too many to name, but it has to be the countless rebellion threads. Just bored and sad people trying to be part of a 'cool' gang. It's just an Internet forum at the end of the day so I don't get why people care that much.*

In terms of my section in Study Help, I can't think of any bad threads we've had. The grade boundaries one can be difficult to moderate or look after near to results day, but it's a good thread that many find useful. If I had to say, it'd be the countless "I scored 10 A*s and an A at GCSE, will I still be able to be a brain surgeon on Mars?" type of thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Shredded wheat and warm milk :love:
What's the best thing about being a section leader?
Original post by iEthan

Getting to see projects develop from little seeds to being seen by thousands on the site :giggle:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Getting to see projects develop from little seeds to being seen by thousands on the site :giggle:

:colondollar:
Original post by RDKGames
What's the most ridiculous thread you've seen on this section? Regardless whether it is old or new; link it if you can. :smile:

Well it would have to be someone who started a personal statement (when I used to help the running of the old model) going like:

"When I was 5, I had a brain hemorrhage"

The person was applying for maths at Imperial ...

Original post by iEthan

People development would have to be the clear point for me :h: And working with my team of course :ahee:
Original post by Slowbro93
Well it would have to be someone who started a personal statement (when I used to help the running of the old model) going like:

"When I was 5, I had a brain hemorrhage"

The person was applying for maths at Imperial ...

People development would have to be the clear point for me :h: And working with my team of course :ahee:

First off…

WHAAATTTTT?! :rofl: I'm gone. Why would you do that?!

Secondly, I seem to have heard that somewhere before… :flute: :tongue:
Original post by iEthan
First off…

WHAAATTTTT?! :rofl: I'm gone. Why would you do that?!

Secondly, I seem to have heard that somewhere before… :flute: :tongue:

Honestly, I have no idea :rofl: I was like "... wut" :tongue:
Original post by Slowbro93
Honestly, I have no idea :rofl: I was like "... wut" :tongue:

Well it's not like those maths personal statements matter anyway :wink:
Reply 12
Whose idea was this?
Worst thing about being a section leader?
Original post by Aph
Whose idea was this?

*is not a section leader sorry*

It was my idea. But everyone worked on it with me for about a month to bring it into fruition. Group effort really. :tongue:
Original post by Tiger Rag
Worst thing about being a section leader?

The colour of the username is terrible... :zomg:
Reply 16
Who is the oldest SL?
What is the worst section on TSR?
Who is the meanest mod?
If you could change one thing about TSR what would it be?
Original post by Aph
Who is the oldest SL?

They wouldn't want me to say :tongue:

What is the worst section on TSR?

Depends on what you mean by 'worst'.

The least-nice section is Community, so I would call that 'worst'. But some people hate boring sections where nothing happens, so the worst would be Entertainment. Some of the most difficult sections to manage is Study Help and Unis, so that could also be the 'worst' section...

It's all down to personal preference :tongue: . My opinion on the worst section is Chat :yep:

Who is the meanest mod?

Me.

Always has been, always will :indiff:

If you could change one thing about TSR what would it be?

A filter which automatically translates very poorly written posts into the Queen's English.

That, or permaban anyone dat typ lyk dis :tongue:

My turn, who's your favourite Section Leader? :colone:
Original post by iEthan

Being able to lead a team and projects, which can be very satisfying. As I said in other places, nodding you around is fun. :pierre:*
Original post by usycool1
Being able to lead a team and projects, which can be very satisfying. As I said in other places, nodding you around is fun. :pierre:*

You do it well too, Usy. :teehee:

Latest