The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Clearing has updated for my Uni; my course is there. Hopefully that's a good thing... :/
Reply 5061
Original post by FemaleBo55
Not according to my school. If it was wrong why would they say tell me??
imageedit_1_8961217712.jpg
still not true. Unless there is a three minute period before Track freezes from midnight and UN-locks from its current locking which you might be able to exploit
honestly can hardly sleep already, really on the border with my required results i think! can't help but beat myself up over stuff i messed up on:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by marioman
Because schools aren't infallible? They clearly have been misinformed.

Track will update at around 07:30 on Thursday 18th August, no earlier than that.

Ffs, LOL trust my school to be misinformed :huff:
Ohh myy, well at least now I have few extra hours to stress about it :eek: (yaaay -.-)
What time will track update to let us know whether we have a place or not?
Original post by ozziew
I think it's possible since they're also in clearing right now for Chemistry, most probably due to their course being oversubscribed last year by tonnes so they upped the grades required to enter. Fingers crossed mate :smile:

How do u know they are in clearing for chemistry??
Original post by baz1998
What time will track update to let us know whether we have a place or not?

Read the first post of this thread, all the information you need is listed under "Track on Results Day".
Guys , I know it might be a silly question but if I didn't get e-mail or any information neither from Ucas nor from my firm university choice ,does it mean my grades are lower than my offer and I didn't get a place ? I'm asking because my friend got his update 4 days before results day that he got the place at LSE (this was last year) , so i wonder if this is the case now too ?
Original post by marioman
Read the first post of this thread, all the information you need is listed under "Track on Results Day".

Thanks brother
Original post by Carolinec1206
Guys , I know it might be a silly question but if I didn't get e-mail or any information neither from Ucas nor from my firm university choice ,does it mean my grades are lower than my offer and I didn't get a place ? I'm asking because my friend got his update 4 days before results day that he got the place at LSE (this was last year) , so i wonder if this is the case now too ?

omd you've got me worried now, i haven't got one yet either.
Original post by Cadherin
I was on MEI and I agree - I was hoping for an A* originally, no hope of that now, I'm praying for an A...

That MEI C4 paper wasn't even that difficult, but i flunked it so bad :redface: (both the actual paper and the comprehension)

No dont worry - whether you get an email now or not doesnt mean anything. Youll know on thursday
Original post by Aph
Yeah, I accidentally added an hour.
I can't help but feel the last few hours before track opens will feel like weeks

Weeks? More like months! :wink:

Original post by girl :D
omd you've got me worried now, i haven't got one yet either.

Universities aren't allowed to contact you until results day, doing so breaks the embargo so you shouldnt be expecting any emails.
Original post by target21859
Why don't they upgrade their systems?

They have but it's a sensible precaution to keep functionality minimised at peak load.

There are very few updates that come through at midday so it isn't worth the risk for little benefit (and by switching off updates they get applicants to do what they need to do - ring their universities - instead of sitting on their computers hitting refresh and accidentally ddossing UCAS).
Well if this isnt true then how do you explain the message my friend got last year ?

did UCAS or LSE contact your friend?
20160815_210631.png

I'm not sure, but I think that means that the university confirmed his offer on the 9th, although Track would not have updated to show this until the morning of results day.
Reply 5079
20160815_210631.png

It updated then but she couldn't see it until results day???

Quick Reply

Latest