The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried about their future ? AS Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nowen
I don't really think C1 was very hard, an odd question came up(area of a triangle) along with some weird fractions.
The best bet for you to get an A at A2(you might've already got an A at AS you never know) is to retake and max out your UMS on AS modules as it would mean you would only have to get low B's at A2 for an A overall.

Thanks for the advice. What exam board did you do?
Reply 81
Original post by DarkEnergy

Edexcel.
Original post by DarkEnergy

I did AQA Maths, found c1 easy and d1, c2 I messed up the 6 marker, I read it completely wrong :frown:
Original post by Nowen
Edexcel.

Ah, I did OCR.
Yeah, I'm freaking out. Any students who get below a D at AS are often kicked out or put onto a BTEC course :s-smilie:
My school is saying they won't allow retakes and the English lit exam was so bad :colonhash:
So I'm worried about my results and my future :smile:)
Reply 86
peak when i have been on track for AAAA all my academic life but im acc going to get ACDU
Original post by clucky_chick
Yeah, I'm freaking out. Any students who get below a D at AS are often kicked out or put onto a BTEC course :s-smilie:

There is nothing wrong with btec courses, two of my subjects were btecs and I'm planning to get a distinction star, distinction and an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Lauren_98
There is nothing wrong with btec courses, two of my subjects were btecs and I'm planning to get a distinction star, distinction and an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say there was, but I really don't want to end up doing three years at college. They don't allow us to mix our subject choices. :frown:
I'm worried about having to get up early on results day, but that's all.
So so so so SO scared of results day, even though it's just AS results, that I think I've worried myself to illness. I didn't give less of a dang about my GCSE results, but this year it's through the roof.
I didn't say there was, but I really don't want to end up doing three years at college. They don't allow us to mix our subject choices. :frown:

three years?! wow thats fair enough xD well i'm sure you'll be fine :smile: good luck!
Original post by _Lauren_98
three years?! wow thats fair enough xD well i'm sure you'll be fine :smile: good luck!

Haha, yeah! I have been told stories of people staying there five, as well. So, I hope I can just stick with the two! Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Haha, yeah! I have been told stories of people staying there five, as well. So, I hope I can just stick with the two! Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

oh my gosh! Very different to what I did xD yeah hopefully... Thanks!
I'm so scared as the reforms means that Unis will use your grades as predicted, and I'm looking at some of the top unis, which ask for like a*s...
I do have an obvious reason but I still fear it, as I don't want them to write me off....I AM CAPABLE UCL AND ICL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yep::woo::wings::taz::silverwings::dots:
Original post by BunnyMidnight
I'm so scared as the reforms means that Unis will use your grades as predicted, and I'm looking at some of the top unis, which ask for like a*s...
I do have an obvious reason but I still fear it, as I don't want them to write me off....I AM CAPABLE UCL AND ICL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What course(s) you gonna apply for? Applying for Physics and UCL "only" require AAA
I'm so worried and stressed out. I did 5 AS levels, 3 of which were internally examined. However the exams were past papers and the grade boundaries will be stupidly high! I need 2A* and 3A predictions, and if I get a single B at either of my two ASs I can't apply to Oxford which has always been my dream uni. I taught myself one of those ASs as well so. :frown::s-smilie::colonhash:
Original post by 07cdominic
I'm so worried and stressed out. I did 5 AS levels, 3 of which were internally examined. However the exams were past papers and the grade boundaries will be stupidly high! I need 2A* and 3A predictions, and if I get a single B at either of my two ASs I can't apply to Oxford which has always been my dream uni. I taught myself one of those ASs as well so. :frown::s-smilie::colonhash:

Good luck! I know it might sound like hopeless advice, but even if worst comes to worst - don't give up. I'm applying (well, hopefully applying) to Cambridge myself. I have a good friend who is in Cambridge now, and he got a first in his first year (which he has just completed). He completely failed his first set of AS Levels and apparently (as I don't know the exact grades he got for GCSE) didn't do well for GCSE, either. So don't give up hope!
I'm worried about results, I was predicted around AAAB, (B in Chemistry, A in Physics, Maths and Economics). Thankfully I don't come under the reforms (WJEC, thank you for once) so I think I'll be fine. I'm predicting myself BBBB or BBBC in either maths or chemistry, depending on how my 'circumstances' (broken leg) save me....
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Good luck! I know it might sound like hopeless advice, but even if worst comes to worst - don't give up. I'm applying (well, hopefully applying) to Cambridge myself. I have a good friend who is in Cambridge now, and he got a first in his first year (which he has just completed). He completely failed his first set of AS Levels and apparently (as I don't know the exact grades he got for GCSE) didn't do well for GCSE, either. So don't give up hope!

Aw thank you sooo much! :smile: it was pretty helpful advice actually haha but I'm applying to medicine #nuffsaid 😂

Quick Reply

Latest