The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mlb37
My friend is coming with me and my mum on results day as her parents can't go... I would be bricking it if my mum wasn't there lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't even know how I'm gonna feel on the day but I'm not sure about relatives coming in case I humiliate them on the day. However, it is ten days so who knows?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I told my mum that for every A* I get she's gotta buy me a burger😂😂😂
See I thought I was OTT at 15 GCSEs LOL.:biggrin:
The question is really whether you can get 17 A*s, now though.
A burger per A*? Fingers crossed, hey?

My mum wants to help me with money so is paying me by grades:

A* = £20, A = £10, B = £5, C = £2.50 and D = £1

Hoping for at least £50 :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping therse going to be a thread for GB's when they're released
Original post by lucy Jane.f
Hoping therse going to be a thread for GB's when they're released

Might be, unless everyone discusses thrn in this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
bs.
They are usually taken by the generally 'smarter' private schools, and international students.

My school is one of the worst schools in the borough and so they made all of us take IGCSE English Language. If they didn't do that then majority of us would be predicted Cs and Bs but because they changed it from GCSEs to IGCSEs majority of us were predicted a grade higher because it's so much easier.
State schools use IGCSEs for kids who are less able in order for them to get a better grade. Not BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't know what igcse was until this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
By tomorrow the days will go down to single figures !!
Original post by nisha.sri
By tomorrow the days will go down to single figures !!

Less than 4 hours to go till midnight! :yay:
Does anyone know how remarks work? Like if the result isn't what you wanted do you apply on the day?
Apparently IGCSE english language is the most easiest exam board
Original post by Do it Right
Does anyone know how remarks work? Like if the result isn't what you wanted do you apply on the day?

If I'm correct, if you want a remark, you should discuss it with your subject teacher on the day to see if it's the right thing to do. I believe it costs money and it may not go up. If you are really close to the grade above (especially if it's an entry grade), it's always good to talk to your teacher to see what him/her think about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1293
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I don't even know how I'm gonna feel on the day but I'm not sure about relatives coming in case I humiliate them on the day. However, it is ten days so who knows?

Posted from TSR Mobile

True I guess. It's my mums birthday on results day so let's hope my results are a good birthday present 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dad told me for every A* you get you'll receive £1000

I think he's forgotten this
Original post by ExoIceCream99

Good luck to him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
True I guess. It's my mums birthday on results day so let's hope my results are a good birthday present 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it is :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, was there a question in AQA C3 about the flame test of potasium/sodium? (cant remember) :O
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ExoIceCream99

My dad would say 'Good...now you need to start revising for A levels or you'll fail them' :colonhash:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
My school is one of the worst schools in the borough and so they made all of us take IGCSE English Language. If they didn't do that then majority of us would be predicted Cs and Bs but because they changed it from GCSEs to IGCSEs majority of us were predicted a grade higher because it's so much easier.
State schools use IGCSEs for kids who are less able in order for them to get a better grade. Not BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you didn't take iGCSEs in anything else right? Apparently, CIE iGCSE English Language is far easier but it seems to be an anomaly compared to the other iGCSEs I've seen. As someone who personally took a mixture of GCSEs and iGCSEs (non CIE), I can say with confidence that the iGCSEs were far harder - not just this year but in all past papers too.

Latest