The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marioman
I'm not sure, but I think that means that the university confirmed his offer on the 9th, although Track would not have updated to show this until the morning of results day.

Yep thatd what happens, they confirm it very early or reject and it only shows it until results day. I had this last year. Date showed around a week before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick Question:

If my course at my firm university is available through Clearing, and my absolute worst is two grades below the conditional offer, is there a high chance I've been successful?

I know it won't be necessarily the case but surely the university would prefer to take someone who's firmed their offer, who's application they've already seen, and isn't that far below the offer (worst case scenario) ?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!
Original post by physicsmaths
Yep thatd what happens, they confirm it very early or reject and it only shows it until results day. I had this last year. Date showed around a week before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh alright . Thank you. Either way I'm screwed
I'm not entirely sure how your course being in clearing means you have a higher chance of getting in? Wouldn't it mean that you have a lower chance as there are free spaces that haven't been taken up?
Original post by Dwittyy
Quick Question:

If my course at my firm university is available through Clearing, and my absolute worst is two grades below the conditional offer, is there a high chance I've been successful?

I know it won't be necessarily the case but surely the university would prefer to take someone who's firmed their offer, who's application they've already seen, and isn't that far below the offer (worst case scenario) ?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

Original post by ToastiestZombie
I'm not entirely sure how your course being in clearing means you have a higher chance of getting in? Wouldn't it mean that you have a lower chance as there are free spaces that haven't been taken up?

Clearing listings mean nothing about whether a university will be lenient

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day
Original post by notanooblol
Does anyone else do OCR MEI further maths?

me

Depends when they enter Clearing I assume. If they were in Clearing on Friday then it means they were willing to accept applicants from Clearing with Scottish/IB/CIE results without knowing how many places they need to save for A2 offer holders, so that can only be a good sign.
(edited 7 years ago)

The thought process was that the Uni will fill up the spaces on the course from applicants already holding an offer first, even if they are below the offer grades, and then they would seek for others by putting it up for Clearing. They could just reject everyone who didn't meet their offers but surely they'll prefer them than risking it and finding others in desperation?
When I realise results day is in just over 2 days:

businessman-heart-attack-26122184.jpg
I got a (presumably) generic email from my insurance like "good luck on results day - we're thinking of you" like thanks i'm screaming inside
Original post by Serine Soul
When I realise results day is in just over 2 days:

businessman-heart-attack-26122184.jpg

Literally thats me!! LOOL :lol: to an extent where my heart beat fluctuates and I get butterflies in my stomach
Original post by mgill17
I got a (presumably) generic email from my insurance like "good luck on results day - we're thinking of you" like thanks i'm screaming inside

Not as bad as getting a generic email from your insurance talking about clearing -.-
Original post by Matt.avf98
Yeah... I might reapply cause I really don't want to go to my insurance :frown:((

Can't you reject your insurance and go through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mgill17

I've just had a thought. What if your course rejects you but is in clearing asking for the same grades? I'm sure you can apply again right, and if so, they would have to accept you if you achieve the grade they're asking for if in clearing. There's literally no point in rejecting you right?

Does this even make sense lol
Original post by mgill17

I'd love to get a generic email. This silence is killing me.
Original post by Anonymous_18
Can't you reject your insurance and go through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can ask them to put you in clearing but that can take hours or worse a day or two.
Original post by FemaleBo55
Not as bad as getting a generic email from your insurance talking about clearing -.-

Oh no it mentions clearing too...they're doing good jobs at keeping everyone on edge haha
Original post by MessyEffy
I've just had a thought. What if your course rejects you but is in clearing asking for the same grades? I'm sure you can apply again right, and if so, they would have to accept you if you achieve the grade they're asking for if in clearing. There's literally no point in rejecting you right?

Does this even make sense lol

A no means no, so if you log onto track and they've rejected you then unless you're getting a priority remark or want to be considered for a different course then its game over.
Hi everyone i really really need help with this, I'm quite worried, I know i really should've organised this before but I've learnt a lot today that has finally pushed me to make this decision. I wanted to know if it's possible to reject your firm choice and accept your insurancr? I've realised my insurance is better than my firm but obviously we're nearly at results day, can I change it?

Quick Reply

Latest