The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExoIceCream99
I can be nice😇

WHY DOES EVERYONE FIND AQA CHEMISTRY EASY? Chemistry made me want to kill my self, and I'm not joking, we didn't get a proper chemistry teacher until year 11! And she was a biology teacher who'd never taught C3.

Because they made AQA chemistry easy? Idk but I have a friend who also found chemistry difficult. I didn't revise C1 properly so I didn't enjoy taking that exam😅
Did your school not at least try to find an alternative chemistry teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by extraordinaire
Because they made AQA chemistry easy? Idk but I have a friend who also found chemistry difficult. I didn't revise C1 properly so I didn't enjoy taking that exam😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep the exam and ISA wasn't that bad.
Original post by TheAnon121
Was that the one with the table? I remember there was one colour that was right, and the other ones were like no colour change or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that was the table. I think there was also a fill in the gap sentence underneath asking about the flame test colours for potassium and another element (maybe lithium or calcium since people mentioned red?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can be nice😇

WHY DOES EVERYONE FIND AQA CHEMISTRY EASY? Chemistry made me want to kill my self, and I'm not joking, we didn't get a proper chemistry teacher until year 11! And she was a biology teacher who'd never taught C3.

Ouch. Sounds like you had to self-study it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They tried and failed, the stories really long but the exam may have been easy, but for someone who had to learn the whole subject in 1 year in a subject hard to revise cause I don't enjoy it, you've got a problem, I didn't even get the graph in C3 right and it was easy apparently...
Original post by shohaib712
Yep the exam and ISA wasn't that bad.

I got an A on the ISA, so yes I'll give you that, the isa was easy
Chemistry was alright, it's physics that made me cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAnon121
What do you guys think about this years C1 and C2 paper in comparison to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found C1 harder even though I revised through it properly (I think I made a silly mistake with the conditions for hydrogenation, and the 6marker)

C2 was pretty good though..
Original post by ColossalAtom
Ouch. Sounds like you had to self-study it.

I tried but it was hard. My chemistry teacher in year 11 offered revision sessions in the morning and invited people from my class but didn't invite me :frown: and I got 18/60 in the C3 mocks too...

Mind you did get 11/60 in the B3 mock and I did much better in my current exam.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Chemistry was alright, it's physics that made me cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asking us about brown dwarfs smh:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1329
This may be a stupid question but what will we actually see on results day on that sheet of paper? The grade we got for each subject, what about coursework grades, percentages, raw or UMS marks?
I got the ECHO QUESTION WRONG
They tried and failed, the stories really long but the exam may have been easy, but for someone who had to learn the whole subject in 1 year in a subject hard to revise cause I don't enjoy it, you've got a problem, I didn't even get the graph in C3 right and it was easy apparently...

Yeah I get how you feel. For Product Design our teacher was ill half of year 10 when we needed her most. But there wasn't any suitable replacement until May/June. Even when she came back, she didn't help with the theory stuff so we had to self-teach the whole spec. With physics, our teacher wasn't very good at helping us understand the concepts so we had to self teach P3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 39/40 (my chem teacher said it was 100UMS)

I was really annoyed with my biology ISA. First my bio teacher marked it at a C, then got remarked to 48/50, then my teacher pushed it down to 44/50 before sending it off to AQA :frown:. (But it doesn't matter though cuz I know I failed biology - I didnt revise for unit 3)

Not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
This may be a stupid question but what will we actually see on results day on that sheet of paper? The grade we got for each subject, what about coursework grades, percentages, raw or UMS marks?

Grade subject and what you got in in each individual exam and altogether coursework

(My sister)
Original post by Mlb37

I did a short course GCSE 2 years ago and they show your grade and UMS mark. My friend did Italian and it also showed the coursework grades (speaking and writing)

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME!!!! I think it was because of the way they worded it that made it confusing to me.
So do you guys think the C1 grade boundary will be lower than last years of 50 for A*?? I think C2 was easier than last year, leading me to think that the A* boundary will be around 51-53.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SAME!!!! I think it was because of the way they worded it that made it confusing to me.

"Reflected wave" I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 39/40 (my chem teacher said it was 100UMS)

I was really annoyed with my biology ISA. First my bio teacher marked it at a C, then got remarked to 48/50, then my teacher pushed it down to 44/50 before sending it off to AQA :frown:. (But it doesn't matter though cuz I know I failed biology - I didnt revise for unit 3)

I got a C (35/50), I redid it and got 43 which was 1 mark off an A* (Biology isa).
I got 11/60 in B3 mock, but I reckon I did so much better in the current exam I knew most of it.
Yeah I get how you feel. For Product Design our teacher was ill half of year 10 when we needed her most. But there wasn't any suitable replacement until May/June. Even when she came back, she didn't help with the theory stuff so we had to self-teach the whole spec. With physics, our teacher wasn't very good at helping us understand the concepts so we had to self teach P3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hated P3, I loved learning P2 though. I got scissors thrown at me in my Statistics class but I'll still come out with a good grade, the classroom control was just crap for that subject.

Not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know😅

Latest