The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAnon121
So do you guys think the C1 grade boundary will be lower than last years of 50 for A*?? I think C2 was easier than last year, leading me to think that the A* boundary will be around 51-53.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think C1 could be 48-50, C2 around 52 and C3 44/45 since it's usually somewhat lower than the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shohaib712
SAME!!!! I think it was because of the way they worded it that made it confusing to me.

Omg same 😂I put the Doppler effect because it didn't come up 😭😭😭
Original post by extraordinaire
"Reflected wave" I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct! I didn't get to finish the p1 paper missed like 4 marks thanks to my exam invigilator (she was a *****)
Asking us about brown dwarfs smh:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what got me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I got a C (35/50), I redid it and got 43 which was 1 mark off an A* (Biology isa).
I got 11/60 in B3 mock, but I reckon I did so much better in the current exam I knew most of it.

I hated P3, I loved learning P2 though. I got scissors thrown at me in my Statistics class but I'll still come out with a good grade, the classroom control was just crap for that subject.

I know😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only part of P3 I enjoyed was the pendulum and hydraulics but that didn't even come up:angry:
Posted from TSR Mobile

The only part of P3 I enjoyed was the pendulum and hydraulics but that didn't even come up:angry:

P3 was so boring
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
If I'm correct, if you want a remark, you should discuss it with your subject teacher on the day to see if it's the right thing to do. I believe it costs money and it may not go up. If you are really close to the grade above (especially if it's an entry grade), it's always good to talk to your teacher to see what him/her think about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for explaining it, I'd always wondered how it all worked. Pointless to think about all that before I have results ahahaha
Original post by shohaib712
Correct! I didn't get to finish the p1 paper missed like 4 marks thanks to my exam invigilator (she was a *****)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool there's always something up with invigilators
Original post by Mlb37
This may be a stupid question but what will we actually see on results day on that sheet of paper? The grade we got for each subject, what about coursework grades, percentages, raw or UMS marks?

I was wondering what we see on our results sheet as well
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone remember if the last question on P2 was 2 or 3 marks? If it was 3 the answer was 12 m/s2 (which is what I put, you had to workout a resultant force) but if 2 it was 22 m/s2.

Some unofficial mark schemes have 22, and some have 12 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think C1 could be 48-50, C2 around 52 and C3 44/45 since it's usually somewhat lower than the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree with that. Did you find C3 somewhat challenging though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I agree with that. Did you find C3 somewhat challenging though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a little. I remember not knowing an answer to something and making silly mistakes (like the question about reactivity - answer was fluorine according to unofficial mark schemes) but I did some hardcore revision. Oh, I did find the topic on water a bit hard (I usually don't know what the examiner wants when they ask about something on this topic)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a little. I remember not knowing an answer to something and making silly mistakes (like the question about reactivity - answer was fluorine according to unofficial mark schemes) but I did some hardcore revision. Oh, I did find the topic on water a bit hard (I usually don't know what the examiner wants when they ask about something on this topic)

Yeah I remember getting that one wrong too, I put Rubidium lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I remember getting that one wrong too, I put Rubidium lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I crossed out my answer so many times! And my original answer was correct :mad: should have gone with my gut feeling
I don't envy any examiner who had to mark mine, I crossed out so much myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm back in time for the official countdown lads, no need to fear.
Edexcel Physics was a bit weird to me.
Original post by sahil19
I'm back in time for the official countdown lads, no need to fear.

Haha, only reason I'm still up tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh does any1 have the unofficial mark scheme for any of the Core OCR Science exams or the grade boundaries.

Legit *****ing myself Physics ****ed my grade over
Original post by Anshul01
Tbh does any1 have the unofficial mark scheme for any of the Core OCR Science exams or the grade boundaries.

Legit *****ing myself Physics ****ed my grade over

There's a forum on here that might have that but I'm not sure if that was last years?

Latest