The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insight314
All right, thanks. Do you know about OCR?

Probably 17th, it is for most A-Level exam boards.
Well, I'm back...
Original post by EricPiphany
Well, I'm back...

Yes.
P(x=X)=1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Lol, I'm going to try and exercise some self control, but it's already strengthening it's hold over me...
Original post by EricPiphany
Lol, I'm going to try and exercise some self control, but it's already strengthening it's hold over me...

Yes.
P(x=S,S)=1
Yeh bruv yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
P(x=S,S)=1
Yeh bruv yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That took me a few seconds to compile that code... It looks like P is a function on a domain of ordered pairs...
Original post by Zacken
Midnight, that is, the midnight before waking up to get your A-Level results, not after.

That implies we will be getting any sleep...
Original post by Mathemagicien
You get STEP results before the A-level results, IIRC, since they are online from midnight 18th (and the site probably has a lower chance of crashing than UCAS Track).

Yeah but I already know I've missed my STEP grades xD It's only because they said at interview I'd still get a Comp Sci without maths place if I miss STEP but his the A*A*A requirement, but that's not technically official since it's not on my offer letter soooo :biggrin:
I'll answer the ones I can:

Original post by marethyu

are there any non-college specific central bike racks to keep bikes e.g at downing site or at the uni library?

Yes there a bike racks at the other university sites such as faculties and the UL, as well as public ones in the streets in the city centre.

are we allowed to leave cambridge overnight or just for the day on weekends during term-time to visit home?

I haven't but you can. Absolutely there is zero problem with leaving for the day (if you live close enough) and other than having to be more organised with your work schedule there is not a problem with going overnight.

is there anything to do in freshers week if you don't drink alcohol-everything I've seen is very drink orientated?

I would imagine the freshers' reps (or whatever they're called at the different colleges) will put together some activities for non-drinkers/people who aren't into going out to clubs. In all fairness there are people who drink alcohol but don't like going clubbing and there are people who don't mind clubbing but don't drink, but colleges should organise a variety of events.
Original post by notanooblol
I did whole of further maths this year, having already done maths. How did you find S2 and FP2? Full ums fo S2 is probs 72, what about full ums for FP2?

Oh you're one of those people that brings up the FP1 grade boundaries, thanks xD -_-

Nah jk, and S2 was piss easy, should be 71 or 72 for full (that "monotonic" question or whatever, I'd never seen before, so I assume a lot are in the same boat) and I completely messed up FP2 (things such as just calculating the wrong area, simple arithmetic mistakes -_-) but it seemed quite tough, defo lower than last year (i hope tbh, probs only got around 59/72 LOL) I'd guess 69-70 for full UMS and each grade 4 marks down ish
Can a college put you in the summerpool and if not fished pick you back up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can a college put you in the summerpool and if not fished pick you back up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That happens in the Winter Pool so I don't see why not for the Summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Oh you're one of those people that brings up the FP1 grade boundaries, thanks xD -_-

Nah jk, and S2 was piss easy, should be 71 or 72 for full (that "monotonic" question or whatever, I'd never seen before, so I assume a lot are in the same boat) and I completely messed up FP2 (things such as just calculating the wrong area, simple arithmetic mistakes -_-) but it seemed quite tough, defo lower than last year (i hope tbh, probs only got around 59/72 LOL) I'd guess 69-70 for full UMS and each grade 4 marks down ish

Yeah I'm one of those people :wink:
Those boundaries sound like what I thought as well. I calculated the wrong area as well :/
Original post by notanooblol
Yeah I'm one of those people :wink:
Those boundaries sound like what I thought as well. I calculated the wrong area as well :/

I made 1 super basic mistake, like clearly a mistake, in my FP1 exam and got 90 UMS, what sort of logic is that xD Grade boundaries urgh :biggrin:

I don't know why but FP2 was the first ever exam where I just massively messed up, way underachieved
Original post by jneill
That happens in the Winter Pool so I don't see why not for the Summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no clue why but no I am weirdly excited for the summer pool seeing as I will most likely be in it or direct accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I made 1 super basic mistake, like clearly a mistake, in my FP1 exam and got 90 UMS, what sort of logic is that xD Grade boundaries urgh :biggrin:

I don't know why but FP2 was the first ever exam where I just massively messed up, way underachieved

Haha yeah it's brutal. Although, our FP1 paper this year was a bit harder, and I think I only lost two marks anyway so may even manage full ums on that paper.
Well 59/72 isn't even that bad, especially when you have other modules to bring up your average ums.
I have no clue why but no I am weirdly excited for the summer pool seeing as I will most likely be in it or direct accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you like swimming?

Posted from TSR Mobile

inb4 you get pooled to Churchill

hi :hi:
Original post by Insight314
inb4 you get pooled to Churchill

hi :hi:

No thanks. Rather go clearing. Soz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No thanks. Rather go clearing. Soz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

bye :sad: