The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToastiestZombie
I'd love to get a generic email. This silence is killing me.

I got one from Exeter to let me know their uni fees are rising :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Is anyone else running over their exams in their head remembering small mistakes and thinking that it'll drop you a few grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad I'm not the only one :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Is anyone else running over their exams in their head remembering small mistakes and thinking that it'll drop you a few grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Instantly after my exams my pessimism accentuated and I scrutinised every decision I made :smile: So, obviously I'm expecting to do great
what could it mean if you see your course in clearing?
Original post by thevamps99xo
Glad I'm not the only one :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, got to the point where I'm convinced I'm like 4 grades under my predicted.. And then I wake up and go back to thinking I'll be fine and I'll get what I need, and then the process starts again.
I asked Cardiff to release me into clearing if I end up having to go there (my insurance) and even gave them a formal written request and they still said call them on thursday :frown:

i feel like i'll miss the course I want in clearing if they take too long. Anyone know if Cardiff specifically will be quite quick with this?
Original post by sophiehaddad
Ahh I'm so, so nervous! I've applied for Politics and Sociology but depending on my results I may see if I can sneakily change it to Politics and French! I'm almost certain I've missed my offer though, but hoping I will still be accepted, fingers crossed right...? :colondollar::frown:

Don't worry about it. All things work together for good :smile:. I'm certain all will be fine. And there are cases of leniency so you might still get in. But even if you dont get in there's a reason, you'll one day look back and everything will make sense :smile:. Just continue enjoying your summer
Original post by _Dreamville_
Same, got to the point where I'm convinced I'm like 4 grades under my predicted.. And then I wake up and go back to thinking I'll be fine and I'll get what I need, and then the process starts again.

Luckily for me I'm only getting AS results on Thursday, but I'd like to think that I've actually done well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by macar0on
what could it mean if you see your course in clearing?

It's likely to be undersubscribed i.e the spaces arent filled
Original post by thevamps99xo
Luckily for me I'm only getting AS results on Thursday, but I'd like to think that I've actually done well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, lucky for us AS students but however, since l want to go to top unis, l need my presicted grades to be AAB-or the B to be an A.
I felt like all of my exams (bar half of a paper) went great at the time, but now I've managed to convince myself that I've done bad in all of them?? Why do our brains do this to us??
Original post by yoli1998
Firm for social sciences! And you?

Firm for chemical engineering. Good luck hope we both make it in really liked UCL.
Original post by the.chantele
Yes, lucky for us AS students but however, since l want to go to top unis, l need my presicted grades to be AAB-or the B to be an A.

I really really hope and pray that you get those grades!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by conscscscsc
I felt like all of my exams (bar half of a paper) went great at the time, but now I've managed to convince myself that I've done bad in all of them?? Why do our brains do this to us??

Same here. Both business exams (i.e. the ones that matter) went perfectly fine, and perfectly fine past papers had been getting me A grades beforehand, but I still feel like I've messed everything up.

I think it's the long wait, your brain is allowed too much time to ruminate on how you did and turn to pessimism.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Law. :smile: Are you feeling confident that you'll meet your offer (which course)?

ChemEng and idk tbh regardless I am so nervous
Original post by ellefrancessa
Ahh I'm so nervous. I am AS. I've taken OCR English Lit (new spec), Edexcel History (new spec) & Philosophy and Ethics on the old spec. I'm hoping to go to Sussex or Exeter to do Politics and History but don't think I'll get good enough grades at AS to even consider Exeter!!!! I got AAD in mocks. I took the D again and turned it into a B. I'm just so nervous. My exams were so mixed. Some of the questions were a beauty and others awful :frown:. We will have to wait and see! I'm not too bothered for English and History though as long as my teachers give me fair predictions. Good Luck everyone.
And if anyone knows if OCR markschemes have been released please let me know as I am fretting over Kant :frown:

Did you do OCR philosophy and ethics ???
I have an inquiry about clearing. Say you get AAB and a university in clearing asks for AAA, would it be worth phoning or will they just reject instantly? i was wondering because surely there can't be that many people in clearing with AAA so they must have to accept people with lower grades to fill the clearing spaces?

It also seem clearing grade offers are the same as standard offers during July, why wouldn't they be lower?

@PQ
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellefrancessa
Ahh I'm so nervous. I am AS. I've taken OCR English Lit (new spec), Edexcel History (new spec) & Philosophy and Ethics on the old spec. I'm hoping to go to Sussex or Exeter to do Politics and History but don't think I'll get good enough grades at AS to even consider Exeter!!!! I got AAD in mocks. I took the D again and turned it into a B. I'm just so nervous. My exams were so mixed. Some of the questions were a beauty and others awful :frown:. We will have to wait and see! I'm not too bothered for English and History though as long as my teachers give me fair predictions. Good Luck everyone.
And if anyone knows if OCR markschemes have been released please let me know as I am fretting over Kant :frown:

Ha, I did those exact subjects and boards at AS, but on the old spec! Don't worry, in my AS mocks I got ACC (plus D and U in other subjects) and came out with AAAAB! I've firmed Exeter for English at A*AA, and A* in OCR English is near impossible (can only drop 3 marks in the entire paper). But basically, mocks done in January are usually a poor indication of what you'll really get as long as you put in the hard work! Good luck with your results!
I'm in that stage where I go onto youtube and watch 'results day reactions' fml.
Original post by Hamzy45
ChemEng and idk tbh regardless I am so nervous

Ah, I hope you meet your offer - I feel nervous too! UCL is a wonderful place and to study there would be a dream. Good luck! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest