The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Normally I would say single because of the freedom from responsibility in that respect etc. But with the person I care for now, relationship. I'm completely whipped 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silverbolt
im in a relationship. I still have the freedom to go out, stay in, hang with friends, do whatever. Being in a relationship doesnt mean all that has to to stop!

And i also get to spend time with someone who i care very much about. win win
How yeh find a gal in rural ireland
SINGLE :smile:
THe only thing I will say there is no point being in a relationship for the sake of being in one.
Original post by natalie427
I feel your pain!

Something like eight months for me. Lied when they said it would be easy at uni.
Original post by halzy1234
relationship= commitment
single= freedom

which one would you all prefer?

posted from tsr mobile

freedom :biggrin:
Being in a happy relationship is way better than being single, but being single is way better than being in an unhappy relationship.

That's been my experience since breaking up with my ex of 4+ years. I miss the happy times but by the end I was so unhappy it wasn't worth it anymore and I've felt much happier since. I'd love to meet someone new, but my previous relationship was a bit all-consuming at times and I'm enjoying being able to focus on myself without having to think about how it affects my partner for now.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
It's kinda like the people in a relationship wanaa be single and the people who are single wanaa be in a relationship. 🙈

No
Reply 48
Single any day of the week son
Original post by Changing Skies
I can also go clubbing, have fun, and I'm very much so enjoying my life :h: my relationship is no effort at all, and certainly not a waste of my life :tongue: not all relationships are extremely hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree....Luckily you have found the correct person. Some girls will not even let you speak to another girl if you are in a relationship with them!
Original post by trustmeimlying1
How yeh find a gal in rural ireland

well there are still women about here :smile:

But she is one of my best friends and I've known her for four years
It's down to personal preference I guess, i m at my happiest I ve ever been with my fiance and we haven't stopped each other doing anything we want to.
Quite the pessimist I see:tongue:
Original post by silverbolt
well there are still women about here :smile:

But she is one of my best friends and I've known her for four years
Delighted for yeh
Eight is nothing!
Reply 55
Freedom and commitment are not mutually exclusive to being single or not.

Freedom to do as you wish happens in whichever relationship state and sometimes we can hold ourselves back from doing something we want to do. In that instance, having a partner creates more freedom by encouraging you out of your comfort zone and boosting confidence.

Commitment.. In what sense? If you mean monogamy, well not all relationships are closed down to one person dating one other person. If you mean commitment in the sense of being responsible for another and accountable to another, you should have those qualities in your life anyway. Even if they only apply to looking after yourself to the best of your ability.

I really don't see any preference of one over the other. But if you're in a place of being purposefully single out of fear or staying in a relationship because you don't want to be alone..you have some self work to do
Relationship.
It's only better to be in a relationship if you're absolutely ~crazy~ about the person imo.
Original post by snowprincess
It's only better to be in a relationship if you're absolutely ~crazy~ about the person imo.

What if the person is not crazy about you?
I'd say single. As well as my current situation for College and work, I'm not going to take any chances of putting my mental health into risk. I've always had a negative viewpoint of relationships that one or both of the couple will get bored/lose interest and just **** the entire relationship up. The fact that you've invested emotionally into the relationship and then it wasn't enough. Ironically, it happened from my previous relationship. Really messed this year up for me. At least it was a lesson taught. But yeah, the freedom I have to invest in my self to become a better person and improve constantly for the long term will always be better than something that only makes me feel good for the short term. More room for travelling, meeting variety of friends and broadening my knowledge. But each to their own I suppose!

Latest

Trending

Trending