The Student Room Group

Do guys get offended as much as girls do....

Scroll to see replies

Are you at a healthy weight for your age and height though?
Of course men get equally offended, just they tend to deal with it better.... often we're pissed off and just write it off as an extremely poor taste in banter.
Original post by xobeauty
Try harder

For what??
Don't they say that girls/women need around 2000kcal a day?
You're not healthy if you are underweight baba.
Original post by Ano9901whichone
For what??
Don't they say that girls/women need around 2000kcal a day?

No I believe it's 1200
Less than 1200 calories probably I stopped counting just trying to enjoy summertime stress free. Point?

weight/hieght?
I wouldn't necessarily say I got offended, but I used to hate being skinny and didn't really like people reminding me. So I did something about it.
i could do with losing some.....

when people say it to me though IDGAF.
No I believe it's 1200

Nah, it's 2000kcal unless you are very short or have a small build.
Reply 29
Original post by DanB1991
Of course men get equally offended, just they tend to deal with it better.... often we're pissed off and just write it off as an extremely poor taste in banter.

yeah when we're pissed off we just go and work out some more lol
Reply 30
.... when you bring up their weight?. If a girl tells you you need to gain weight or pushes you to eat more do your feelings get hurt? I'm sure some guys do get their egos hurt of course. But do they take it as bad as women do? Idk, because guys have more of a Idgaf what anyone thinks attitude.

Because I always tell guys they need to eat more and it just occurred to me that maybe I'm being rude.

Discuss .....

I do.

Especially by people who aren't skinny.

But then again I have a slight complex, I think I am too fat even though I am under 70kg but 6ft, trying to get a sixpack but it's so hard to get rid of that last bit of belly flab. Stupid genetics.
Original post by Gorillion
weight/hieght?

I'm not over or underweight. I take care of my body that's probably why I'm always concerned or notice others. But I'm actually concerned and worried...
Original post by hezzlington
i could do with losing some......

Join the club :lol: I always get lazy and overeat during the summer, deadly combination. I don't get upset over it though if someone comments that I've gained a little weight (my mam reminds me several times a week haha), I know that I'm disciplined enough to stick to a diet to lose it when the time is right so whatever.
Rofl I can't stand you
Concerning the skinny thing, I used to be on the border between normal weight and underweight, I'm now at a completely healthy weight but still skinny due to something called genetics. My arms are skinny and it took an incredible amount of effort to make them look borderline normal.

So when the occasion girl (it always being a girl) telling me to eat more.... pisses me off incredibly.
Reply 35
Original post by DanB1991
Concerning the skinny thing, I used to be on the border between normal weight and underweight, I'm now at a completely healthy weight but still skinny due to something called genetics. My arms are skinny and it took an incredible amount of effort to make them look borderline normal.

So when the occasion girl (it always being a girl) telling me to eat more.... pisses me off incredibly.

Good point, genetics and metabolism rate obviously play a big role
Original post by Ano9901whichone
Nah, it's 2000kcal unless you are very short or have a small build.

idk I thought I heard 1200 is the least amount of calories a woman should eat anything below is dangerous.
Reply 37
idk I thought I heard 1200 is the least amount of calories a woman should eat anything below is dangerous.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
You're not healthy if you are underweight baba.

Popping insults. What's the need?

Your 25, 5'10 160 pounds huh?

Yeah 2000 is for males only I don't think females need to consume that much

Quick Reply

Latest