The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Its only for Durham... don't think of it as a way to distinguish the very best, but to weed out the very worst. Like the MAT.

Oh, all right. I thought it was something like STEP, hehe. :tongue:
Original post by Insight314
Oh, all right. I thought it was something like STEP, hehe. :tongue:

No, it's better than STEP, just look at the breadth of knowledge you'd need to answer these questions. I'm happy we only had to deal with STEP, #ggDurhamMathmos2k16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its essentially an extended version of the MAT MCQs..

Good move for Durham tbh
Original post by Mathemagicien
Its only for Durham... don't think of it as a way to distinguish the very best, but to weed out the very worst. Like the MAT.

looks easier than MAT tbh
Last year the step bounderies were out 2 days before results day, does that mean we will know the step bounderies tomorow?
Reply 2765
Original post by ninjass
Last year the step bounderies were out 2 days before results day, does that mean we will know the step bounderies tomorow?

No, it's random. Some years, it's two days before, other years it's a day before, other other years it's on the same day as results.
Reply 2766
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Thanks, but my school never gave me my CA PIN number, anywhere I could access it?

They probably want you to pick up your results from them instead of getting it online for whatever reason they have.
Original post by Zacken
They probably want you to pick up your results from them instead of getting it online for whatever reason they have.

Yep you're right, I thought this was probably the case so I've decided to just wait til results day :smile:.

Do you know what times we'll know whether we've been accepted by our firms and when GBs (for STEP and A-Levels) are released? Thanks.
Yep you're right, I thought this was probably the case so I've decided to just wait til results day :smile:.

Do you know what times we'll know whether we've been accepted by our firms and when GBs (for STEP and A-Levels) are released? Thanks.

A levels day before. Step, no one actully knows.
8am track should be updated. Sometimes as early as 7:30:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what time on the 18th the STEP results go online? like is it at midnight or at like 8 or 9 in the morning??
Original post by nadroj222
Does anyone know what time on the 18th the STEP results go online? like is it at midnight or at like 8 or 9 in the morning??

Midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2772

Yeah, Track will update in the morning on the 18th to let you know whether you're into your insurance, firm or pending/clearing. STEP boundaries should be out either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday - hopefully tomorrow, but it varies from year to year. A-Level is defo 17th.
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, Track will update in the morning on the 18th to let you know whether you're into your insurance, firm or pending/clearing. STEP boundaries should be out either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday - hopefully tomorrow, but it varies from year to year. A-Level is defo 17th.

are you worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2774
are you worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, haven't been thinking of it much. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just enjoying my summer.
Original post by Zacken
Not really, haven't been thinking of it much. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just enjoying my summer.

That's great. I am worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2776
That's great. I am worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to stop thinking about work and enjoy your summer. I have no clue how you manage to be productive. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
You need to stop thinking about work and enjoy your summer. I have no clue how you manage to be productive. :lol:

I suppose he got worried these last days , not the entire summer (that would certainly be counterproductive).
Did you study anything during summer ?
When I finished steps I thought I'd better stop doing maths for a while . But I simply couldn't resist for more than a month.
Reply 2778
Original post by Vesniep
I suppose he got worried these last days , not the entire summer (that would certainly be counterproductive).

I know, my point still stands.

Nope.

When I finished steps I thought I'd better stop doing maths for a while . But I simply couldn't resist for more than a month.

I guess that's why you're all far better mathematicians than I am. :tongue:
Original post by Vesniep

I've been doing maths nonstop since my last exam... kinda sad really lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending