The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when ocr releases thier grade boundaries?
Original post by UnknownAnon
Anyone know when ocr releases thier grade boundaries?

On Wednesday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Does adjustment have better unis then clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I believe UCL may have places available in adjustment but they don't participate in clearing. :smile:
Original post by thevamps99xo

I meant what time on wednesday :tongue:

I'm not entirely sure, let me check for you :smile:

It doesn't specify the exact time. If you can, try and keep checking throughout the day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vladislav
Ugh I need AAB but I really think I got AAC and I know Russell group unis aren't particularly lenient on missed grades...

What do you think you got the C in? Because I'd wait for the Grade Boundaries before coming to conclusions.
Hi guys for those who did as maths I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anyway
C1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67
C2- 73
M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about

Do you think I'd manage the A for as maths sigh
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5187

Thay don't give a time. Basically whenever they feel like.
Original post by Aph
Thay don't give a time. Basically whenever they feel like.

Last year it came out in the morning, and the year before around 1am. Was just hoping ocr would be nice and tell us this time :unimpressed:
Last year it came out in the morning, and the year before around 1am. Was just hoping ocr would be nice and tell us this time :unimpressed:

Do you know how to work out the A* boundary? Or will OCR update heir ums converter on their website with this year's grade boundaries?
Reply 5190

Only AQA have told us. But you'll know when they come out.
Reply 5191
Original post by target21859
Do you know how to work out the A* boundary? Or will OCR update heir ums converter on their website with this year's grade boundaries?

A* boundry is the difference of A&B added to A or half way between A and full marks whichever is lower
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Hi guys for those who did as maths I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anyway
C1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67
C2- 73
M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about

Do you think I'd manage the A for as maths sigh

Lol with those marks thats a definite yes, I did AS maths too (edexcel) and your c1 will probs be around 85 UMS and your C2 close to 100 which will definitely bring up your M1 which still at lowest is around 76 UMS, which overall would give you a pretty solid/high A
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ToastiestZombie
What do you think you got the C in? Because I'd wait for the Grade Boundaries before coming to conclusions.

AQA Philosophy. The questions were pretty decent even if it was the first year for this spec, still doesn't mean the grade boundaries won't be high. Last year the boundaries were low but the points were so close to each other, so a lot of people achieved lower grades.
Original post by target21859

They have grade boundaries released that are specifically for A2. So it has what you need to get in a module for 90% aka an A*.

For instance this is the 2015 one:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246985-a2-units-showing-90-percent-conversion-points-june-2015.pdf
Original post by nihil_nimis
Lol with those marks thats a definite yes, I did AS maths too (edexcel) and your c1 will probs be around 85 UMS and your C2 close to 100 which will definitely bring up your M1 which still at lowest is around 76 UMS, which overall would give you a pretty solid/high A

Every day I'm just dropping my expectation on the m1 exam honestly so frustrated my family drama had to occur during my exam mornings. I just hope the m1 boundary isn't too high cause I found it easy I just copied values wrong and took direction wrong so I hope it doesn't go below 57

Thank you for giving some mental relief
Reply 5196
Bismillah al rahmaan al raheem

Ya Allah... plz kill me before my parents do

Ameen <3
More scared for results day than I was for all my exams :K:
They have grade boundaries released that are specifically for A2. So it has what you need to get in a module for 90% aka an A*.

For instance this is the 2015 one:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246985-a2-units-showing-90-percent-conversion-points-june-2015.pdf

Ah thanks didn't know that! Don't know why they call it %cp and not a*
Are examiners reports released alongside grade boundaries? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest