The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Near every results day, I get obsessed with a Lana Del Rey song.

Sums it up, given how depressing her music is

Summertime sadness
Original post by the.chantele
Yes, lucky for us AS students but however, since l want to go to top unis, l need my presicted grades to be AAB-or the B to be an A.

Don't worry! My AS grades were ADD and because of how well I was doing in 2nd year and thanks to doing some exam resits (which you won't even have to do to pull your grades up), my predicted grades went through at A*AB and I got an offer from every uni I applied to :smile:. As long as you prove in 2nd year to all your teachers that you are going to do far better, your AS grades shouldn't make too much difference providing they aren't massively low below your target. Good luck anyway!
Original post by kerryrevie
Don't worry! My AS grades were ADD and because of how well I was doing in 2nd year and thanks to doing some exam resits (which you won't even have to do to pull your grades up), my predicted grades went through at A*AB and I got an offer from every uni I applied to :smile:. As long as you prove in 2nd year to all your teachers that you are going to do far better, your AS grades shouldn't make too much difference providing they aren't massively low below your target. Good luck anyway!

Where did you apply to, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
I get bad gas near every results day I've had wtf
Original post by fefssdf
Summertime sadness

Carmen is more like it

"Darlin', Darlin', doesn't have a problem lying to herself 'cause her liquor's top shelf" :biggrin::biggrin:
Who keeps going on to UCAS Track hoping that through some major screwup your Unis have uploaded their choices before embargo? It's entirely futile but it gives me something to do as I wait for the inevitable.
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
More scared for results day than I was for all my exams :K:

So true. You were on the UCL Medicine thread awhile back right?
Original post by Lannew1
Firmed but definitely havnt got in honestly supprised they offered me it

I feel the same way! What course? :smile:
Original post by DarkEnergy
Where did you apply to, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

2 offers were from University of Leeds, one for microbiology and one for biological sciences which I firmed. My standard offer from them is AAB, and my Access to Leeds offer is BBB.

I also applied to University of Lincoln, University of Leicester and my local uni Teeside, just in case anything went horribly wrong :'). Fair enough if you're going for higher up universities but for me I still got AAB offers with my ADD AS grades :3.
Original post by Hazard82
So true. You were on the UCL Medicine thread awhile back right?

Yep. Sorry can't remember you, did you apply there too? Did you get an offer? :smile:
Original post by kerryrevie
2 offers were from University of Leeds, one for microbiology and one for biological sciences which I firmed. My standard offer from them is AAB, and my Access to Leeds offer is BBB.

I also applied to University of Lincoln, University of Leicester and my local uni Teeside, just in case anything went horribly wrong :':wink:. Fair enough if you're going for higher up universities but for me I still got AAB offers with my ADD AS grades :3.

My local uni is Teesside too, although I'm not planning on applying :tongue: my mum went there as a mature student to do a history degree :colondollar:

Good luck for Thursday!
Original post by Lannew1
Firmed but definitely havnt got in honestly supprised they offered me it

on the exact same boat and also firmed bristol
Yep. Sorry can't remember you, did you apply there too? Did you get an offer? :smile:

Yeah I applied and some how got an offer despite a dreadful interview :smile:. Pretty sure the interview panel had a split decision because my offer's different from everyone else - A*AAA (A* Bio or Chem)
A little over a day until grade boundaries yassssss
Original post by SteamboatMickey
My local uni is Teesside too, although I'm not planning on applying :tongue: my mum went there as a mature student to do a history degree :colondollar:

Good luck for Thursday!

I must admit, I'd have rather gone anywhere but there.. Just really disliked the course and the campus, besides it's not particularly good for what I want to do anyway.. I had my heart set on Leeds so the other offers were more fillers. If it's your local Uni beware! Lots of colleges in the area like to force you to go to their open days and such.. I got sick of the place in the end :'(
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I was really casual about my GCSE results day, now I'm *****ing myself for A level results day to a point that I might just have an aneurysm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lets just hope the aneurysm doesn't burst!
Original post by Mathsmad123
Lets just hope the aneurysm doesn't burst!

Well, if it's a fatal aneurysm, at least I won't have to go back to that *****y Chemistry A Level and ****ing BMAT revision
Original post by Hazard82
Yeah I applied and some how got an offer despite a dreadful interview :smile:. Pretty sure the interview panel had a split decision because my offer's different from everyone else - A*AAA (A* Bio or Chem)

Congrats! Why do you think your interview went dreadfully? That's quite a high offer tbh, I'd expect an offer of AAAC for 4 A levels. My interview went so badly, in my feedback they mentioned I was too nervous three times lol. I hope you get the grades, fingers crossed for you! Btw how do you feel your exams went? :smile:
Rip
Congrats! Why do you think your interview went dreadfully? That's quite a high offer tbh, I'd expect an offer of AAAC for 4 A levels. My interview went so badly, in my feedback they mentioned I was too nervous three times lol. I hope you get the grades, fingers crossed for you! Btw how do you feel your exams went? :smile:

Aha thanks I think it'd hit me really hard if I didn't get the grades - Medicine's so tough got some rejections too. Worried about getting that A* in Bio or Chem tbf.

I thought it went badly because when I was asked, "How would you resolve the Junior Doctor Crisis?" after I finished talking one of the interviewers said "That's not a good answer. You're going to have to better than that." But I think that was the only major slip so I made the cut. I'm really sorry to hear that tho I honestly thought you got in.

What grades do u need and where are you going?

Quick Reply

Latest