The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomlam
Aargh...
**** the bed it's the day after tomorrow. I haven't ever had a single successful results day in which I can say that I'm proud of what I've achieved.
The average grade at my school last year was a D-

I worked it out though that if I get a C or D in my EPQ, I only need 3 Ds to go to uni.

Both of my Physics exams went atrociously so I'm expecting maybe an E in Physics but then again, my Chemistry and History exams were so good... I don't know what to expect really.

I'd be proud of myself if I got anything above a C in anything.
I haven't been able to sleep in days, the anxiety is killing me. Please be kind, brown envelope!

Good luck. :redface: I hope it goes well for you and you get what you want/need. :smile:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Good luck. :redface: I hope it goes well for you and you get what you want/need. :smile:

ty mate :smile:
2 days of freedom left
Original post by tomlam
Aargh...
**** the bed it's the day after tomorrow. I haven't ever had a single successful results day in which I can say that I'm proud of what I've achieved.
The average grade at my school last year was a D-

I worked it out though that if I get a C or D in my EPQ, I only need 3 Ds to go to uni.

Both of my Physics exams went atrociously so I'm expecting maybe an E in Physics but then again, my Chemistry and History exams were so good... I don't know what to expect really.

I'd be proud of myself if I got anything above a C in anything.
I haven't been able to sleep in days, the anxiety is killing me. Please be kind, brown envelope!

I know how you feel, I only need 3 D's to go to my firm and one of my subjects went appallingly! Here's to us both getting what we need to go into uni :smile:
May I ask if anyone here is an online subscriber to The Telegraph, please?
I'm seeing headlines like 'A-levels: Students can expect a chaotic year of unexpected results', 'A-level results "the most unfair in a generation", warn headteachers following changes in appeals', and 'Top A-level grades "could rise" this summer', and I'd really like to read these...
Original post by MoonVirgo
May I ask if anyone here is an online subscriber to The Telegraph, please?
I'm seeing headlines like 'A-levels: Students can expect a chaotic year of unexpected results', 'A-level results "the most unfair in a generation", warn headteachers following changes in appeals', and 'Top A-level grades "could rise" this summer', and I'd really like to read these...

I was able to open and see the last article you mentioned and I'm not a subscriber? :colondollar:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I was able to open and see the last article you mentioned and I'm not a subscriber? :colondollar:

Oh lol strange that for me it blocks the content with a blue box and says 'You need to subscribe to read this article' and then asks me to log in; must be my own problem lol. But that's great, what does it say??
Like the article stated - I'm so pissed of with what Ofqual has done... Now, it means that so many people (including me) are more likely not to get their deserved grade due to subjective marking 😡😡😡
Original post by MoonVirgo
Oh lol strange that for me it blocks the content with a blue box and says 'You need to subscribe to read this article' and then asks me to log in; must be my own problem lol. But that's great, what does it say??

Have you tried it on your phone? It should work by using the news app or even just googling the headlines and it'll come up. :dontknow: I skim read a few and they seemed to be pretty generic and focussed on the marking reforms. There was some stuff about boys choosing subjects that generated more top grades than the subjects girls tend to choose - and more entries in maths/further maths resulting in more top grades being anticipated. :redface:
Original post by duncant
I have an inquiry about clearing. Say you get AAB and a university in clearing asks for AAA, would it be worth phoning or will they just reject instantly? i was wondering because surely there can't be that many people in clearing with AAA so they must have to accept people with lower grades to fill the clearing spaces?

It also seem clearing grade offers are the same as standard offers during July, why wouldn't they be lower?

@PQ

For clearing always check a university website for requirements. If they have different requirements on their website then those are solid requirements (no point ringing if you don't meet them).

If there are no clearing entry requirements on their website then it is worth a ring if you're within 3 grades of the standard offer. But you should start your ringing around with a sure bet so you have an offer in the bag before you approach the riskier options. Risky phone calls are more likely to result in a NOPE and that's easier to bounce back from if you know someone wants you.
I'm really anxious, as are a lot of people, but especially for my maths result. I did edexcel and C3 was my most confident exam of all my exams, really wanted to smash it because I badly want an a*. Thought I'd done that when I got out of the hall but then my friends were talking about a Q9, which I didn't know existed. I felt so terrible! So annoyed with myself! It even made me feel sh*t for my chem 5 exam the next day. But my mum and my brother pulled me through it (what great people) and I had to pick myself up and demolish C4. I think I did that but I have cut it so fine, genuinely don't know if I've actually got the a*. I'd be fine if I found it hard or I ran out of time, but the fact I completely missed out a question is what is SO annoying!!!!

You may be thinking "what a bast*rd complaining about not getting an a*", and I completely see where you'd be coming from, but this is potentially worth thousands of £££ from the university. So that brown envelope is gonna be the death of me.

Also if you're just counting down the hours, just watch the olympics because that's really taken my mind off of results day. Come on Team GB!
Still not nervous yet :lol:

Loljks I just got an email from Nottingham wishing me good luck on results day and it made me panic :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pijktmyha
I'm really anxious, as are a lot of people, but especially for my maths result. I did edexcel and C3 was my most confident exam of all my exams, really wanted to smash it because I badly want an a*. Thought I'd done that when I got out of the hall but then my friends were talking about a Q9, which I didn't know existed. I felt so terrible! So annoyed with myself! It even made me feel sh*t for my chem 5 exam the next day. But my mum and my brother pulled me through it (what great people) and I had to pick myself up and demolish C4. I think I did that but I have cut it so fine, genuinely don't know if I've actually got the a*. I'd be fine if I found it hard or I ran out of time, but the fact I completely missed out a question is what is SO annoying!!!!

You may be thinking "what a bast*rd complaining about not getting an a*", and I completely see where you'd be coming from, but this is potentially worth thousands of £££ from the university. So that brown envelope is gonna be the death of me.

Also if you're just counting down the hours, just watch the olympics because that's really taken my mind off of results day. Come on Team GB!

I know exactly how you feel!! I missed 2 questions in my Geography exam because I didn't see the page:frown:
Original post by JME_CHG
Horse?

No comment
Whoa, the time has flown by, I can't believe there's only 2 days left :biggrin: Can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dreading it, does anyone know if UCAS can still change my application over the phone while track is down? Want to remove my insurance now because I really don't want to go and I'm worried there will be a delay getting them to release me on Thursday that might cause me to miss out on the clearing place I want 😭 I know I've left it really late but after visiting my insurance I'd been dead set on not going to uni if I don't meet my offer, it's only when I got an email about a course in clearing that I really liked the look of that I've decided to go for clearing instead
I feel ill now :frown:
It is just a *thing* :smile:

Okay, Thanks :smile:
Original post by NHM
Don't worry about it, most universities are offering clearing courses for nearly every subject, it's really nothing to worry about!

Thank you ! That makes me feel better !
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Is that what Medicine interviews are like?

I would have been like 'B!tch I'm applying to do Medicine, not Politics! I wanna learn about organs and illnesses n 'sh!t, not how to shorten NHS waiting times!'

Original post by Hazard82
Haha ikr that one was a bit of a curve ball. But tbh it was all over the news. My friend got asked in their Medicine interview, "If you could bring back three people from the dead and have a dinner party with them, who would they be?" Glad I didn't get that one :smile:

I was asked in one of my Oxford interviews something along the lines of 'Can you explain to us what the current debate is with the junior doctors?' and after I had done that they asked what my opinion was. I answered that I'm neither a junior doctor nor a member of parliament so I can't really give an educated and justified opinion either way, to which they paused and went '...we actually hadn't thought of that and we've asked this question to all the applicants' :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest