The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isabella1999
Thanks so much for replying! I take biology, chemistry, maths psychology and GS so no coursework for me thankfully, but thanks for the advice! Think I am going to try and keep up with work all year round going over stuff so hopefully the cram time will be a lot less stressful! I literally did not work in ONE of my frees last year I just sat and talked (which is so bad as I had basically half frees as psychology is taught out of hours) so will try and not do that this year :rolleyes:

I am scared I will do exactly the same thing! I want to do medicine and some courses are AAAb and some are like A*A*Aa-A*AAa. I have only really visited top unis like oxbridge and london ones as of yet as I have just been assuming I will get all As at AS but thats probably such a bad strategy. Going to see Bristol which is AAAb I think. What was your dream uni? I always wanted to go to Oxford but I recently found out about the percentage of A* measure and as I got 10A* and 3A's (our school made us do sooo many :frown: ) Its out unfortunately.

I have already finished my personal statement (practically) as our school made everyone finish it in July (we had UCAS week where successful ex-students for all subjects and teachers checked and helped us change it til they were happy and signed us off) so hopefully thats all good.

Thanks so much for the tips haha literally saved me now I am going to make sure I visit lower grade requirement unis too. Where did you apply and what course? :smile:

I can PM you about medicine if you want? :smile:
Original post by Matt.avf98
Does anybody else not actually care what their results are, as long as they get into their firm Uni?

Me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Is anyone else running over their exams in their head remembering small mistakes and thinking that it'll drop you a few grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me unfortunately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
King's are back in Clearing for a few spaces!
Original post by antigone-

Are you planning to study there? :smile:
Original post by naz.97
Are you planning to study there? :smile:

Nah, hopefully LSE for me, just looking at Clearing spaces :tongue: you?
Nah, hopefully LSE for me, just looking at Clearing spaces :tongue: you?

Hopefully, yes
what course do you want to study? :biggrin:
I've got an offer for LSE doing accounting and finance with a conditional offer of AAA. I'm pretty sure I got a B in maths, but I reckon my other two grades in psychology and sociology are A* and A*
Do you think they'd let me in with A*A*B instead of AAA - the conditions of the offer were not specific to any subjects btw... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by omarharoun3
I've got an offer for LSE doing accounting and finance with a conditional offer of AAA. I'm pretty sure I got a B in maths, but I reckon my other two grades in psychology and sociology are A* and A*
Do you think they'd let me in with A*A*B instead of AAA - the conditions of the offer were not specific to any subjects btw... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately it is unlikely, LSE are very harsh, but there is no point speculating! They might decide to be kinder on Thursday, it just depends on each separate application.

Original post by naz.97
Hopefully, yes
what course do you want to study? :biggrin:

Government and History, you? Best of luck!! :smile:
can we check track early on results day at 6;30 in the morning or do we have to check at 8?
Unfortunately it is unlikely, LSE are very harsh, but there is no point speculating! They might decide to be kinder on Thursday, it just depends on each separate application.

Government and History, you? Best of luck!! :smile:

Good luck to you as well :smile: & Philosophy
Does anyone know if my EPQ results will be on my results slip with my other subjects? I took it alongside my A2's this year.
Original post by Amy A x
Does anyone know if my EPQ results will be on my results slip with my other subjects? I took it alongside my A2's this year.

I believe they are yeah :smile:
I believe they are yeah :smile:

Ok thank you
Original post by Amy A x

yeah they will
Original post by scrawlx101
yeah they will

Thanks
Original post by omarharoun3

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my LSE offer pack it said equivalent grades are not accepted, it must be your offer and I doubt they'll be too lenient :frown: I reckon I've missed my offer but I'm okay with going to my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
@PQ

Sorry for tagging you, but I was wondering whether it's possible to call a university now to be considered for another course with lower grades (that is already in clearing)? I have an offer of A*AA for English at Exeter but really think I'm more likely to get AAA! They have Art History and English for AAA-AAB and I adore the course and university. If I did get AAA I would seriously consider being released from my insurance to go for this course. But of course, it would be much easier to get a changed course instead! What do you think? :smile:
Original post by Astudent24
What does eveyone think they got ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*A*AB
Still miss my insurance and firm. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, but how do you know they have spaces? im just really nervous about results day - trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest