The Student Room Group

Will you be telling people your results?

Hi everyone, I don't think I want people to be knowing my AS results (barring the inevitable: my mum, dad, teachers, etc).

I feel like when I go into college to get my results there will be lots of people asking me what I got :frown: I don't think I've done particularly bad, but even if I've flown through my AS exams with all As, I don't really want anyone knowing.

I'm going to go somewhere quiet to open my results, but I've got to stay in college to do my progression onto A2 interviews with my subject tutors so I can't really get away from it.

Are you planning on telling people what results you get on Thursday?

Scroll to see replies

I'm getting my AS results on Thursday as well and I don't plan on telling anyone.

I did the same last year for my GCSEs, and still haven't told anyone apart from teachers and immediate family !
Original post by Amefish
Hi everyone, I don't think I want people to be knowing my AS results (barring the inevitable: my mum, dad, teachers, etc).

I feel like when I go into college to get my results there will be lots of people asking me what I got :frown: I don't think I've done particularly bad, but even if I've flown through my AS exams with all As, I don't really want anyone knowing.

I'm going to go somewhere quiet to open my results, but I've got to stay in college to do my progression onto A2 interviews with my subject tutors so I can't really get away from it.

People will ask... but I'll probably just say "I did ok" even if I did terribly :/
Only if they tell me their results.
And they have to say theirs first before I say mine :colone:
If someone asks and you don't want to tell them, just say so. I will tell people if I'm happy with them (i.e. if I got into my firm), and I probably wont if I'm unhappy, it depends what I get. I'll also ask friends but if they don't want to tell me thats fine, I'm just curious.
Reply 5
I am also getting my AS results on Thursday...as for who I am telling, apart from the obvious,I will only tell people I know I feel comfortable with telling--if you don't want to tell someone, you don't have to. At the end of the day they are your results, not theirs, and there is no obligation to tell friends what you have or haven't achieved. Just have something prepared in your head to say if someone asks, whether it is something like 'oh, I'd prefer not to say' or 'I did okay' or 'I could have done better'---whatever suits. I certainly won't be telling some people I know, because I wouldn't hear the end of it! Good luck!!
Reply 6
Original post by Pentaquark
Only if they tell me their results.
And they have to say theirs first before I say mine :colone:

A cheeky trade :wink: I like your style
Well I'm not entirely sure, i posted my GCSEs on facebook last year :biggrin:, so I'll do the same for AS level, as long as i get at least AABB :u:, but i doubt that will happen.
Original post by Breynolds2671999
Well I'm not entirely sure, i posted my GCSEs on facebook last year :biggrin:, so I'll do the same for AS level, as long as i get at least AABB :u:, but i doubt that will happen.

What did u get last year if u don't mind me asking? :biggrin:

I don't think I'm going to tell many people my results, at least not willingly. I have no problem telling friends and family, no matter what I got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amefish

Yeah, well I'll try to hide 'em but everyone's probably going to find out, I'm not good at keeping secrets :colone: :tongue: (I'm talking about GCSE's btw :smile:)
Reply 10
Original post by hamza772000
Yeah, well I'll try to hide 'em but everyone's probably going to find out, I'm not good at keeping secrets :colone: :tongue: (I'm talking about GCSE's btw :smile:)

Yeah, my mum posted my GCSE results on Facebook :frown: I've told her I don't want to tell many people about my AS results, but we'll see :s-smilie:
Original post by TheAnon121
What did u get last year if u don't mind me asking? :biggrin:

I don't think I'm going to tell many people my results, at least not willingly. I have no problem telling friends and family, no matter what I got.

Posted from TSR Mobile

6A*s and 6As :tongue:. Really wish i didn't get distracted towards the end of the year, it probably cost me my A in maths , I'd be delighted with a C, but it doesn't really matter because I'm dropping it :colone:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Amefish
Yeah, my mum posted my GCSE results on Facebook :frown: I've told her I don't want to tell many people about my AS results, but we'll see :s-smilie:
Haha :rofl: I mean oh, wow :redface: Change her password :ninja: :mmm:

It doesn't really matter though, does it? As long as you know you've tried your best :yes: but I understan why you'd not want to tell anyone :h:
It's always like this, when people get the results they want they tell everyone and when they get a bad result they keep silent about it
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's always like this, when people get the results they want they tell everyone and when they get a bad result they keep silent about it

I just tell everyone anyway, either because I'm boasting about how well I've done or because i want positive encouragement :biggrin:
Answer if you want to, don't if you don't. Personally I'd say making it obvious that you have something to hide is almost always more embarrassing than whatever the truth is, but that's to taste.

If you don't want to tell people, just say so. Don't try to fend people off with non-answers. That's annoying for everyone. Be direct.
Why not. Syphilis
Original post by Breynolds2671999
6A*s and 6As :tongue:. Really wish i didn't get distracted towards the end of the year, it probably cost me my A in maths , I'd be delighted with a C, but it doesn't really matter because I'm dropping it :colone:

Thats amazing! Were you expecting those results before you got them? I wish I could get those results on the 25th!
Im not telling anyone regardless of what i get
Original post by TheAnon121
Thats amazing! Were you expecting those results before you got them? I wish I could get those results on the 25th!

No i was predicted an expected 6A*s, 2As, 3Bs and a D (in english), so i was pretty shocked when i saw them. You never know you might do just as well or even better, it really depends how lenient your examiner is. Good luck for the 25th :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest