The Student Room Group

US election: Donald Trump to call for 'testing' immigrants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Why do you refuse to answer the question.

Should a country allow people who are fundamentally against the principles of said country to immigrate there, yes or no?

What do you mean by immigrate?
Which principles?
Original post by alevelstresss
Yes or no, depends entirely on a myriad of other factors which haven't been considered by your question.

No it doesn't, it is a pretty clear question, which you are bottling.
Original post by 999tigger
What do you mean by immigrate?
Which principles?

Immigrate = move to, go to live there.

Principles = Key aspects of how the country / civilisation works and the values that are generally expected as part of main stream life.
No it doesn't, it is a pretty clear question, which you are bottling.

If you think being a member of a religion is equivalent to actively opposing, and being willing to act out against a system of government, then you've got your head buried in the sand.

Not to mention I am opposed to so many things about how the UK is run, but does that mean I should be deported?

You just want to incriminate Muslims/Islam because it feels good to think that your problems are the fault of what you think is a backwards culture.
Immigrate = move to, go to live there.

Principles = Key aspects of how the country / civilisation works and the values that are generally expected as part of main stream life.

Live there for how long?

Principles. Obviously not break the law, but what about religion, American football, capitalism?
If you think being a member of a religion is equivalent to actively opposing, and being willing to act out against a system of government, then you've got your head buried in the sand.

Not to mention I am opposed to so many things about how the UK is run, but does that mean I should be deported?

You just want to incriminate Muslims/Islam because it feels good to think that your problems are the fault of what you think is a backwards culture.

Where did I mention religion? It looks like you are making things up. Again you are bottling.
Live there for how long?

Principles. Obviously not break the law, but what about religion, American football, capitalism?

I have already given sufficient detail.

Another simple way to ask the question, is if you were looking for a roommate, would you look to find a roommate who has similar tastes and is a link-minded person or not, the honest answer to this question for basically everyone, is yes.

As you are already here not a lot we can other than use education to try and teach you what is right and wrong

But if you were not from the UK then 'no' you should not be allowed to emigrate her if this is what you think
Original post by BaconandSauce
As you are already here not a lot we can other than use education to try and teach you what is right and wrong

But if you were not from the UK then 'no' you should not be allowed to emigrate her if this is what you think

In summary, you basically think anyone coming in as an immigrant who causes problems is a greater threat than someone already in the country who causes problems.

This is blatant bigotry my friend. You just hate immigrants for some reason.

Oh and please tell me what Muslim region you went to, I'm still waiting.
Where did I mention religion? It looks like you are making things up. Again you are bottling.

Don't pretend you meant anything other than Islam when you said "people who are fundamentally against the principles of said country". We both know it
I have already given sufficient detail.

Another simple way to ask the question, is if you were looking for a roommate, would you look to find a roommate who has similar tastes and is a link-minded person or not, the honest answer to this question for basically everyone, is yes.

Not really. immigration covers lost of things.

Length of stay spans from citizenship right down to tourists.

Your second point is made poorly. It doesnt even address the question just points to lloking at someone who is the same as you, but avoids indicating what those principles are.

So if you have to have a carbon copy of yourself, then who is the original we are basing it on.
It can't be that great if you spend hours daily ranting about Islam on a student forum :rolleyes:

every forum about islam they are always there. they are sooo bitter its hard to believe they enjoy their lives
Don't pretend you meant anything other than Islam when you said "people who are fundamentally against the principles of said country". We both know it

Oh the magical game of "I know what you really meant", what an immature way of discussing things you have.
In summary, you basically think anyone coming in as an immigrant who causes problems is a greater threat than someone already in the country who causes problems.

This is blatant bigotry my friend. You just hate immigrants for some reason.

Oh and please tell me what Muslim region you went to, I'm still waiting.

Yes. we can prevent one group for doing damage while we have to find ways to deal with the other

If it's bigotry to say I don't want homophobic people coming to live the UK then so be it.

and as I said not all immigrants as not all will be for example homophobic (for example the gay Russian I work with is an immigrant and I have no issues with them)
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh the magical game of "I know what you really meant", what an immature way of discussing things you have.

apparently some people are mind readers!
Not really. immigration covers lost of things.

Length of stay spans from citizenship right down to tourists.

Your second point is made poorly. It doesnt even address the question just points to lloking at someone who is the same as you, but avoids indicating what those principles are.

So if you have to have a carbon copy of yourself, then who is the original we are basing it on.

So much fail, hard to know where to begin.

Tourists are not considered immigrants.

Then you go on to state that only carbon copies are acceptable, wtf?

This is very simple, should people who hate a country and are against that countries way of life, be able to move to that country?

Should someone who hates you and Is against the way you live your life be allowed to become your room mate?
Yes. we can prevent one group for doing damage while we have to find ways to deal with the other

If it's bigotry to say I don't want homophobic people coming to live the UK then so be it.

and as I said not all immigrants as not all will be for example homophobic (for example the gay Russian I work with is an immigrant and I have no issues with them)

Its bigotry to say that the small number of homophobic immigrants are a bigger threat than the homophobes who already reside within the country.

You are blaming immigrants for your little problems, and shoving aside the exact same problems which exist within our own society.
apparently some people are mind readers!

Imagine this guy as a lawyer or judge, "you stated that you condone this attack, but what you really meant was that you fully support it and were in fact the perpetrator, take him away!"

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you're talking about Islam when it comes to 'opposing society's norms'.

If you didn't mean Islam, what did you mean then?
Its bigotry to say that the small number of homophobic immigrants are a bigger threat than the homophobes who already reside within the country.

You are blaming immigrants for your little problems, and shoving aside the exact same problems which exist within our own society.

No it seems you simply don't understand

I'm saying it's an issue in the UK (which we can deal with through education etc..) but why the hell should we allow more to come here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending