The Student Room Group

US election: Donald Trump to call for 'testing' immigrants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
So much fail, hard to know where to begin.

Tourists are not considered immigrants.

Then you go on to state that only carbon copies are acceptable, wtf?

This is very simple, should people who hate a country and are against that countries way of life, be able to move to that country?

Should someone who hates you and Is against the way you live your life be allowed to become your room mate?

Im merely seeking clarification on who you considered to be an immigrant,

Im also seeking clarification on what you consider to be the importnat principles. You gave us the room mate test, but theres plenty of people I wouldnt wnat to share a room with, but would think they were perfectly ok citizens. If they are to have a test then i'm interested in where you draw the line and idnetify which principles are in and which are out.

You also need to deal with the issue that a terrorist is no oing to say yes ofc I hate everything you stand for, they might lie? Your test is all a bit vague and unrealistic.
Imagine this guy as a lawyer or judge, "you stated that you condone this attack, but what you really meant was that you fully support it and were in fact the perpetrator, take him away!"

it's an odd debating technique I'll say that

I say 'It's A'

He says 'You meant B don't lie)

I say 'No A'

He says 'we know you men B so you are a bigot!'

School ground stuff really
Original post by BaconandSauce
No it seems you simply don't understand

I'm saying it's an issue in the UK (which we can deal with through education etc..) but why the hell should we allow more to come here!

Because the number of immigrants who cause problems is infinitely smaller than the number of natives who already cause the problems.
Original post by alevelstresss
Because the number of immigrants who cause problems is infinitely smaller than the number of natives who already cause the problems.

So.

Excluding them removes the problem

I take it though you are homophobic and this is also shared by your family so a ruling like this would have personally effected you as we would not have allowed your family into this country if we had such tests ourselves
Original post by 999tigger
Im merely seeking clarification on who you considered to be an immigrant,

Im also seeking clarification on what you consider to be the importnat principles. You gave us the room mate test, but theres plenty of people I wouldnt wnat to share a room with, but would think they were perfectly ok citizens. If they are to have a test then i'm interested in where you draw the line and idnetify which principles are in and which are out.

You also need to deal with the issue that a terrorist is no oing to say yes ofc I hate everything you stand for, they might lie? Your test is all a bit vague and unrealistic.

The effectiveness of any test is a different matter, I am talking about the principle, and if you believe that people who are against a nations way or life should be able to move to such a country, something that you still have not answered.

Yes, Europe / The West is under constant attack from the ethnic natives...oh wait a minute, that is not true, you wouldn't happen to be lying again by any chance would you?
So.

I take it though you are homophobic and this is also shared by your family so a ruling like this would have personally effected you as we would not have allowed your family into this country if we had such tests ourselves

It is pretty clear he is homophobic, that is why he has a problem with stopping other homophobic people coming into the country. The good news is that if he denies it, we can use his own logic against him and say "that is not what you really mean".
The effectiveness of any test is a different matter, I am talking about the principle, and if you believe that people who are against a nations way or life should be able to move to such a country, something that you still have not answered.

Yes, Europe / The West is under constant attack from the ethnic natives...oh wait a minute, that is not true, you wouldn't happen to be lying again by any chance would you?

It is a fact that natives commit more crimes in a country than immigrants.
So.

Excluding them removes 0.1% of the problem, the remaining 99.9% of the problem is caused by locals who have always lived in that country.

And no, I'm not homophobic, why are you being immature and making massive leaps like this? Is your argument beginning to crumble?
It is pretty clear he is homophobic, that is why he has a problem with stopping other homophobic people coming into the country. The good news is that if he denies it, we can use his own logic against him and say "that is not what you really mean".

You're the homophobic one, who said that the gays in Orlando who died in the nightclub indirectly brought death upon themselves. I've got a photo of what you said so don't bother pretending you didn't say it.
It is a fact that natives commit more crimes in a country than immigrants.

Lol! Refers to call crimes when the main issue at hand is terrorism.

Lol! Compares the number of crimes committed by 56 million to that of 8 million people.

You couldn't make this guy up :biggrin:
Lol! Refers to call crimes when the main issue at hand is terrorism.

Lol! Compares the number of crimes committed by 56 million to that of 8 million people.

Closer to the crimes committed by 500 to 8 million. your scaling is pretty off
Closer to the crimes committed by 500 to 8 million. your scaling is pretty off

What are you on about now? My figures were correct, the Population of the UK is not 8 million 500, this guy! :biggrin::biggrin:
:biggrin:

It is isn't it

This is why they are uncomfortable with such suggestions
What are you on about now? My figures were correct, the Population of the UK is not 8 million 500, this guy! :biggrin::biggrin:

You implied that the ratio of crimes committed by locals to immigrants is about 8:1, I'm saying its closer to 80000:1.

He could :biggrin:
You implied that the ratio of crimes committed by locals to immigrants is about 8:1, I'm saying its closer to 80000:1.

I didn't mention any ratios, do you need to buy some glasses or something?

You keep saying things that I never said, first you randomly bring Muslims into the discussion when I never mentioned any religion, now you are talking about ratios, when I never mentioned any ratios, seriously you need to go to Specsavers.
I didn't mention any ratios, do you need to buy some glasses or something?

You keep saying things that I never said, first you randomly bring Muslims into the discussion when I never mentioned any religion, now you are talking about ratios, when I never mentioned any ratios, seriously you need to go to Specsavers.

Then you've failed to communicate an effective point, its hard when what you're saying is so open to interpretation and full of eyesight insults. Lmfao. Pathetic.
Then you've failed to communicate an effective point, its hard when what you're saying is so open to interpretation and full of eyesight insults. Lmfao. Pathetic.
What I was talking about was obvious to any one who is not a moron. I guarantee that @BaconandSauce understood my message, as would most on this site.
What I was talking about was obvious to any one who is not a moron. I guarantee that @BaconandSauce understood my message, as would most on this site.

Yep

It seems someone is deliberately being obtuse
'eyesight insults'

that's new:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending